Sheffield Wednesday European map

8 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

image.png.c09ebb8c16a80c3f7a8848a1754cb913.png

It's a piece of art innit? I don't think whoever posed for "The Scream" or "Mona Lisa" looked exactly like that, artistic license it's called I think. And I think the print is ace, I'll certainly be buying one. 

I don't get this one though mate. 

Why would you have a map of the world, then say it's fictional and made up?

Why use the original map of the world then?

It makes no sense to me at all.

I couldn't have one up. It'd do my nut in seeing Hirsty in Scunthorpe etc

It sounds like they've done it, then realised that it's nowhere near accurate, so done the disclaimer to me.

Owlstalk Shop

stream_img.jpg

Now I've read that disclaimer and seen that it's a fictional map with made up places etc it's got me thinking back to this incident on Division Street, where a local artist was asked to paint a mural of David Bowie on the street corner.

When people ended up saying it looked more like 80's TV Presenter/DJ Pat Sharpe, the artist said he'd used artistic licence and it was only supposed to be a representation of him.

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

David Hirst is in Scunthorpe?

Wouldn't wish that on anyone, worse than consigning your son to a year in the Belgian 2nd division! :ph34r:

If it was done correctly this would be absolutely fantastic and it probably would sell a few, but he's done a few sully mistakes like what's been pointed out. Still great effort and obviously done a lot of research 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

It's a piece of art innit? I don't think whoever posed for "The Scream" or "Mona Lisa" looked exactly like that, artistic license it's called I think. And I think the print is ace, I'll certainly be buying one. 

But it is a map that is used to outline where the players/managers are from, seems a bit pointless to then say it is partly fictional.

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"The map is not designed to be accurate, it is partially fictional, and some cities have been randomly placed"

EH?

Does seem a bit strange, to go to the trouble of putting this together but then state it is not accurate, what's the point? Would it have taken that much more research to make it accurate?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But it is a map that is used to outline where the players/managers are from, seems a bit pointless to then say it is partly fictional.

Does seem a bit strange, to go to the trouble of putting this together but then state it is not accurate, what's the point? Would it have taken that much more research to make it accurate?

That really bugs me now, gone to such a great effort but misplaced them.

20 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Yes its a piece of art, but it is meant to be 'educational' 

At first glance I thought that was the whole point, putting players according to where they geographically came from  e.g. Pressman in Hampshire and Trevor Francis in the West Country.

But at some point they've abandoned that and started sticking them in randomly so you've got Big Ron as an Essex boy and Reda Johnson is nowhere near his birthplace or where he first played (it took me a few seconds to Google he was born in Marseille so why couldn't the artist have done that?)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

At first glance I thought that was the whole point, putting players according to where they geographically came from  e.g. Pressman in Hampshire and Trevor Francis in the West Country.

But at some point they've abandoned that and started sticking them in randomly so you've got Big Ron as an Essex boy and Reda Johnson is nowhere near his birthplace or where he first played (it took me a few seconds to Google he was born in Marseille so why couldn't the artist have done that?)

That reda one is so random, just stick him there pal.