Waddle On Five Live

58 minutes ago, pioowl said:

But he did once go to a match and left after 50 odd minutes

55 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Does he really?

Does he buy a ST and support us or does he turn up only when paid by the media...

I'm sure all these ex players who profess how much they care and are all over the radio tv etc are not just randomly calling in they are primed and paid I guess.

2 hours ago, pioowl said:

Yes it is pointless and unfair If you dont fall into any of the catagories .I suppose you find it ok to listen to blades fans comments on here do you and welcome their input?

I've no idea what you're on about mate?

Waddle professes to support Wednesday and I think he's entitled to voice his displeasure ... I also think along the same lines as him ... You don't and that's fair enough. 

16 hours ago, pioowl said:

Is Waddle a wednesday supporter,fan,expert in managing or running a football club .If none of those he shouldnt comment unless he wants to be added to the many who use this forum just to get a dig in whenever we are playing poorly.What comment was he making in Chansiris 1st couple of seasons or earlier this season when we were 3rd.Was he saying this owner has got it right.If he was ,i never heard him.

Is Chansiri any of that ?!

Waddle spent last 40 years in and around football, playing for some huge clubs, working with some of most famous names in football. He got every right in the World to question fish salesman like Chansiri about how he runs one of his ex-clubs, where he left his mark and got legendary status.

Chansiri questioning Waddle's opinion and asking him "what he knows about running football clubs" is a joke (idiotic one). One spent most his life around football, other thinks that ball bounces because there is a frog inside of it.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, pioowl said:

I think you mean -did he take another ludicrous  mis-aimed,mis-informed swipe at our club.One of the best players weve ever had but I agree with Chansiri,its nothing at all to do with Waddle. 

At what point does somebody day something to Chansiri, do we wait until he alienates all of the fanbase? do we wait until we are relegated again and the fans dwindle away? I know plenty of die hard Wednesday fans who have stopped going due to the way he is running the club. maybe we all should just shut up and do as we are told and pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch abject football. In a few years time when we are languishing in division 1 people will be saying, 'why didn't somebody stand up for us'?

1 hour ago, malek said:

Is Chansiri any of that ?!

Waddle spent last 40 years in and around football, playing for some huge clubs, working with some of most famous names in football. He got every right in the World to question fish salesman like Chansiri about how he runs one of his ex-

1 hour ago, matt68owls said:

At what point does somebody day something to Chansiri, do we wait until he alienates all of the fanbase? do we wait until we are relegated again and the fans dwindle away? I know plenty of die hard Wednesday fans who have stopped going due to the way he is running the club. maybe we all should just shut up and do as we are told and pay ridiculous amounts of money to watch abject football. In a few years time when we are languishing in division 1 people will be saying, 'why didn't somebody stand up for us'?

clubs, where he left his mark and got legendary status.

Chansiri questioning Waddle's opinion and asking him "what he knows about running football clubs" is a joke (idiotic one). One spent most his life around football, other thinks that ball bounces because there is a frog inside of it.

7 minutes ago, pioowl said:

If you owned a business putting in millions to support it in an effort to help it succeed you would not expect the abuse Chansiri gets on here .If anyone was looking to buy our club they would certainly think twice reading some of the nasty disrespectful comment on here.Also its unbelievable anyone would actually welcome Ashley.! Mind you it just confirms that there are a lot of idiots on here.I think if any player was thinking of signing for us he should also look on here to see the unwarrented abuse given to some players for having a bad game or two.Is there a forum for actual fans that i could join cos I am getting sick of this one,possibly one open only to season ticket holders,or fans who could prove they have attended more than 20 home matches per season for the last 2 years.Souds a good idea that,dosnt it?

4 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

I'm sure all these ex players who profess how much they care and are all over the radio tv etc are not just randomly calling in they are primed and paid I guess.

4 minutes ago, pioowl said:

If you owned a business putting in millions to support it in an effort to help it succeed you would not expect the abuse Chansiri gets on here .If anyone was looking to buy our club they would certainly think twice reading some of the nasty disrespectful comment on here.

lol

34 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Sorry but thats just a nonsense reply.

Is Waddle a wednesday supporter,fan, - I don't imagine DC had an owl tattoo in his youth

expert in managing or running a football club  - alternatively has he put a club in a worse position in the league and blew £100m in the process? If that's the mark of an expert then I guess not. 

If none of those he shouldn't comment....Owlstalk, North Korea style. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pioowl said:

If you owned a business putting in millions to support it in an effort to help it succeed you would not expect the abuse Chansiri gets on here .If anyone was looking to buy our club they would certainly think twice reading some of the nasty disrespectful comment on here.Also its unbelievable anyone would actually welcome Ashley.! Mind you it just confirms that there are a lot of idiots on here.I think if any player was thinking of signing for us he should also look on here to see the unwarrented abuse given to some players for having a bad game or two.Is there a forum for actual fans that i could join cos I am getting sick of this one,possibly one open only to season ticket holders,or fans who could prove they have attended more than 20 home matches per season for the last 2 years.Souds a good idea that,dosnt it?

You think this situation is unique to Sheffield Wednesday, Dejphon Chansiri and 2020? Criticism goes with the territory, in absolutely every aspect of modern living. Increased personal freedoms, disposable income, leisure opportunities, social media etc are increasing our sense of entitlement and narcissism generally, exacerbating the problems further still. Not a single person ever involved in football has been immune to it; even the greatest of legends (just before the lockdown a Liverpool fan was on 6-0-6 moaning that they weren't doing well enough this season for example). 

Obviously a good deal of these complaints are stupid, unreasonable or ridiculous. That's life. If someone takes charge of a football club, there will be widespread abuse before long. Believing otherwise is just fanciful and if you don't want that, don't get involved. But when you factor in what a mess he's made of it to this point, and that he appears oblivious to some of the fundamental issues that got us here, then obviously there's going to be much more of it.

TBH is anyone ever qualified to run a football club. Many successful business owners try and fail, what are the qualifications.

My view is that out of the hundreds of owners some just get lucky, promotion, manager clicks with players are etc. Statistics really take 100 people some do well some crash most just meh. DC is not unique just another who didn't get lucky...if the play off went our way probably a hero and with cash to spend we would have been ok in the PL.

On 30/04/2020 at 18:24, rickygoo said:

The current owner is clearly none of the above so why slag Waddle?

Sorry I am mistaken then.I thought he had put millions into our club.I dont think Waddle has but i could be wrong again. 

On 01/05/2020 at 16:50, Harrysgame said:

TBH is anyone ever qualified to run a football club. Many successful business owners try and fail, what are the qualifications.

My view is that out of the hundreds of owners some just get lucky, promotion, manager clicks with players are etc. Statistics really take 100 people some do well some crash most just meh. DC is not unique just another who didn't get lucky...if the play off went our way probably a hero and with cash to spend we would have been ok in the PL.

Spot on mate.Common sense and good manners prevail in some posts on herev thank goodness. 

• Thanks 1

On 01/05/2020 at 11:03, erowl said:

I've no idea what you're on about mate?

Waddle professes to support Wednesday and I think he's entitled to voice his displeasure ... I also think along the same lines as him ... You don't and that's fair enough. 

Sorry,i didnt realise he was a supporter.I havent seen him at Hillsborough very often,perhaps he wears a disguise.

On 01/05/2020 at 11:47, matt68owls said:

Could wait to see if the fans warm to him.Eventually he may be considered the best owner in our history and no doubt the 1 to invest more money than anyone else ever has.I know 2 who have stopped going(till they start winning again) and 4 new season ticket holders this season!

1 hour ago, pioowl said:

Sorry I am mistaken then.I thought he had put millions into our club.I dont think Waddle has but i could be wrong again. 

If you’d ever seen him play you wouldn’t spout nonsense like this. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If you’d ever seen him play you wouldn’t spout nonsense like this. 

Could get in to a war of words here.I saw him every game he played at Hillsborough,he was brilliant.Dosnt stop him or you spouting nonsense though does it.?