Waddle On Five Live

On 28/04/2020 at 21:09, Blue and white said:

Did he take another well aimed swipe at the ludicrous running of the club.

I think you mean -did he take another ludicrous  mis-aimed,mis-informed swipe at our club.One of the best players weve ever had but I agree with Chansiri,its nothing at all to do with Waddle. 

10 minutes ago, pioowl said:

I think you mean -did he take another ludicrous  mis-aimed,mis-informed swipe at our club.One of the best players weve ever had but I agree with Chansiri,its nothing at all to do with Waddle. 

In that case it's pointless any of us having an opinion on the running of the club then?

We should just let DC get on with it being as he's doing such a fantastic job :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, erowl said:

In that case it's pointless any of us having an opinion on the running of the club then?

We should just let DC get on with it being as he's doing such a fantastic job :wacko:

Is Waddle a wednesday supporter,fan,expert in managing or running a football club .If none of those he shouldnt comment unless he wants to be added to the many who use this forum just to get a dig in whenever we are playing poorly.What comment was he making in Chansiris 1st couple of seasons or earlier this season when we were 3rd.Was he saying this owner has got it right.If he was ,i never heard him.

35 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Is Waddle a wednesday supporter,fan,expert in managing or running a football club .If none of those he shouldnt comment unless he wants to be added to the many who use this forum just to get a dig in whenever we are playing poorly.What comment was he making in Chansiris 1st couple of seasons or earlier this season when we were 3rd.Was he saying this owner has got it right.If he was ,i never heard him.

Is he getting interviewed about Marseille or the problems at a Spurs etc. Great player for us but what does he know off the working of us now. Can't think he has any inside track been gone years.

34 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Is he short of a few quid Waddle or what ??   Definitely doing a lot of interviews recently 

Are you asking random people on this forum if anyone knows how much money Chris Waddle has got in the bank?

Its £890,000 so off you pop 

3 hours ago, pioowl said:

That's a rather strange criteria. Almost everyone in sports journalism is instantly disqualified for a start. David Richards, Geoff Hulley, Dave Allen and Dejphon Chansiri have all been our chairman but would you trust their judgement without question? To some degree or other, all of them have failed to improve the club's financial position or even made it far worse. And more than one of them can have their people skills and attitude criticised too. Do you have to be a fashion designer or sports goods purveyor to have an opinion on a new kit?

As for Waddle himself, he's played at the highest level for several clubs in two countries and has dozens of international caps. He was part of the management team here when Shreeves replaced Wilson, was a manager himself for a while and it's perfectly clear that Wednesday are not just another club as far as he is concerned. It's also fair to assume he knows plenty of people who have been involved with the administrative matters of football clubs. His status as a club legend is unquestioned, so it's weird to be talking about his legitimacy in these matters as if he was no more relevant than the Archbishop of York or something. So how does that make him less qualified to comment than someone like you (or me)? And it's not like his sentiments are way off beam either is it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, erowl said:

Yes it is pointless and unfair If you dont fall into any of the catagories .I suppose you find it ok to listen to blades fans comments on here do you and welcome their input?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Is he getting interviewed about Marseille or the problems at a Spurs etc. Great player for us but what does he know off the working of us now. Can't think he has any inside track been gone years.

But he did once go to a match and left after 50 odd minutes

• Haha 1