Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

2 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Hoping someone takes Bannan and the 12 month crew off us, although interesting nobody has ever really tried for him in particular.

Goes completely against a mobile midfield and if we aren't looking at promotion this season anyway I'm sure someone else can be more use in a relegation dogfight.

He's gone end of the season anyway and if he extends we would then have him at nearly 32 running the midfield season after. Get a fee. 

Maybe later, but with the squad 11 down, we need to bring in some first

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Look we lost 12 players at the end of the season, currently we have sign 1 player, we have 1 striker that never plays on silly money, we have no wing backs at the club and no right midfielder, there are huge holes in the squad and the players report back for training in 7 days.

Monk summer revolution needs players, or we start the season with the same tired, under performing team. 

We also have our few remaining senior players in the last 12 months of their contracts if we start the season with Bannan, Lees, Reach, Westwood they need resigning to longer deals. If they are not wanted or won't resign they are sold or loan out for the season. We cannot have £3-4m wasted in wages for Westwood, Rhodes to leave on free next summer. Reach cost £5m and in 11 months we get nothing when he's a free agent.

The club cannot continue to be run so apaulingly bad. No players should leave on frees or sit in stand never playing.

I don't understand why you're wanting to re-sign Lee's and Westwood? That is surely throwing good money after bad. Isn't the best option to let those 2 actually run down their contracts and bid them good riddance? Then use their freed up wages to sign som better replacements.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Hoping someone takes Bannan and the 12 month crew off us, although interesting nobody has ever really tried for him in particular.

Goes completely against a mobile midfield and if we aren't looking at promotion this season anyway I'm sure someone else can be more use in a relegation dogfight.

He's gone end of the season anyway and if he extends we would then have him at nearly 32 running the midfield season after. Get a fee. 

I disagree on bannan, I would want to tie him down to a longer deal. He is easily good enough for a play-off team and one of our better players.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

which ones?

Stewart Downing , Ryan Shotton , Adam Clayton 

And I’m sure there’s a few more 

6 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

More pertinently Westwood has a history of claiming injury when asked to sit on the bench. First time he's dropped at Wednesday guess what.

I know what I believe.

Am not sure he’s ever faked injury 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Stewart Downing , Ryan Shotton , Adam Clayton 

And I’m sure there’s a few more 

Didn't karancka fall out with those as well? Maybe like Hutchinson it doesn't matter who the manager is?

10 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Didn't karancka fall out with those as well? Maybe like Hutchinson it doesn't matter who the manager is?

But it did matter who the manager was. Jos and Monk who have both had awful records as Wednesday managers fell out with them. Whereas Carlos and Bruce both played them and both had better records.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, donnyowl97 said:

But it did matter who the manager was. Jos and Monk who have both had awful records as Wednesday managers fell out with them. Whereas Carlos and Bruce both played them and both had better records.

Carlos let them do what they want, train when they liked and run the dressing room for him. Bruce wasn't here long enough to fall out with them.

The point I'm making is that when 2 managers fall out with the same few players, the evidence points to the players being the problem and not the managers.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, GLOwl said:

Carlos let them do what they want, train when they liked and run the dressing room for him. Bruce wasn't here long enough to fall out with them.

The point I'm making is that when 2 managers fall out with the same few players, the evidence points to the players being the problem and not the managers.

Was a major problem when they 'ran the dressing room' and we used to win most weeks. Thank god we have Monk running it now who knows what a winning dressing room looks like

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Was a major problem when they 'ran the dressing room' and we used to win most weeks. Thank god we have Monk running it now who knows what a winning dressing room looks like

Didn't turn out well though did it? We suffered for Carlos's attitude towards them for a long time. Still are with Westwood.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Didn't turn out well though did it? We suffered for Carlos's attitude towards them for a long time. Still are with Westwood.

We finished 6th and 4th, not sure what some people wanted when we had the 8th biggest budget in the league. Should we have beaten Newcastle to automatic promotion. We did the business then failed in the play off lottery

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We finished 6th and 4th, not sure what some people wanted when we had the 8th biggest budget in the league. Should we have beaten Newcastle to automatic promotion. We did the business then failed in the play off lottery

As I said, it didn't turn out well and we suffered for a long time after. You can't appease a few at the expense of the many. Short termism, it didn't work and set us back loads.