Wednesday - Millwall OMDT

From the way Monk was talking earlier I think the Da Cruz boy will probably make some sort of cameo from the bench. 

But clearly once he's up to speed he's a player that he's clearly wanting to have in the side.

• He fits the profile that we need.
  • He is young, athletic, quick and we don't have that option in the squad.
  • He comes with a hunger and a desire.
  • Those are the type of players you need when you are recruiting.
  • We are delighted he is in the building.
  • He is something that we have not got.
  • He can play in other positions but his main position is striker.
  • It was important that we added that type of player so I am delighted he is here

Garry Monk on Alessio Da Cruz

• Like 3

Oh great, a home game, the first of four in February - I bet it's a long time since we had home league games on 3 different February Saturdays.  It'll be tough, Rowett's doing a very decent job (does him appearing in the managers area at Hillsborough mean we'll all get paid out by the bookies?) and Millwall are one of those teams who'll be a nightmare to break down, quite happy to set up for a point but capable of snatching all three. They've already won at Bristol and Swansea, plus won at WBA in the cup and drawn there in the league and were unlucky not to get something at Leeds. Exactly the sort of game we struggle in. But Wednesday being Wednesday - who knows. 

Ref Watch

giphy.gif.6d0d53e6900e72c3af849b0bd26763c3.gif

No idea, no officials at all are named for our game, all still TBC. We'll do it ourselves.  I've got a whistle somewhere, I'll dig it out if somebody can bring a couple of flags along. As long as Colin "I'm a qualified referee you know" Warnock, George Courtney or Neil Swarbrick don't turn up we'll be golden. 

Edited by alanharper
typo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Oh great, a home game, the first of four in February - I bet it's a long time since we had home league games on 3 different February Saturdays.  It'll be tough, Rowett's doing a very decent job (does him appearing in the managers area at Hillsborough mean we'll all get paid out by the bookies?) and Millwall are one of those teams who'll be a nightmare to break down, quite happy to set up for a point but capable of snatching all three. They've already won at Bristol and Swansea, plus won at WBA in the cup and drawn there in the league and were unlucky not to get something at Leeds. Exactly the sort of game we struggle in. But Wednesday being Wednesday - who knows. 

Ref Watch

giphy.gif.6d0d53e6900e72c3af849b0bd26763c3.gif

No idea, no officials at all are named for our game, all still TBC. We'll do it ourselves.  I've got a whistle somewhere, I'll dig it out if somebody can bring a couple of flags along. As long as neither Colin "I'm a qualified referee you know" Warnock, George Courtney or Neil Swarbrick don't turn up we'll be golden. 

Well, as long as it's not boring, win lose or draw, it's all entertainment with the Wednesday, might even get promoted they say