International Uni Students experience of SWFC

It's cold, you rarely see the sun...many people at the back of the kop are more interested in their nicotine addiction than the football

the football is not what you call cultured

we haven't scored that many goals have we and usually huff and puff our way to a result

£2.50 for a paper cup, a tea bag and some hot water

we are still pssing in troughs in a cold concrete hut behind the stand

its full of miserable n@bs that feel they need to boo like kids at a pantomime when the opposition don't roll over after 10 minutes

singing and standing is kinda frowned upon nowadays

whats not to love?

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

10 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It's cold, you rarely see the sun...many people at the back of the kop are more interested in their nicotine addiction than the football

the football is not what you call cultured

we haven't scored that many goals have we and usually huff and puff our way to a result

£2.50 for a paper cup, a tea bag and some hot water

we are still pssing in troughs in a cold concrete hut behind the stand

its full of miserable n@bs that feel they need to boo like kids at a pantomime when the opposition don't roll over after 10 minutes

singing and standing is kinda frowned upon nowadays

whats not to love?

have a rough night?!

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

And that really is the kicker we have 40,000 seater stadium that in good weeks is 15,000 empty seats the club have back themselves into such a corner with pricing and fear of upsetting their only match day ticket income, the season tickets holders, that the over price everything. Don't get me wrong those people keep the club going through thin and thinner but we need to get attendances up because we are not getting income from anywhere else. 

We have very little sponsorship because again of the pricing structure and don't sell any players.

For me start with a student deal, the tram ticket, the match ticket, half time soft drink/warm drink all for- £20. And build it up from there, Even if we only get an extra 500 people that's £10,000 a game extra revenue, then they tell their friends so many students in sheffield. If the people coming are anything like us they will get hooked quickly and the attendance will grow. Not to mention they may buy some merchandise and that free advertising for the club around the uni campus.

Agree^^

When I was at Uni I used to take an closet Arsenal fan and two Italian Inter fans. Was only cheap even though we were in the PL. Loved it and said the atmosphere and buzz was great. Work with a bloke who lives in Lincoln. His son went to Uni and has stopped in Sheffield after. Because of the cheap tickets on offer at the stain he has ended up supporting them. Many aspects of building up a club and in our case many opportunities missed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bramall Lane nearer the city centre and student accommodation blocks. We are on the way out of town. 

There is a massive international student area at the bottom end of shalesmoor nearly all the student accommodation in this area consists of asian and a few eastern European students so I'm not so sure the location is the issue as the tram would take all of 10 mins to get to Hillsborough the main stumbling block I see is that we don't seem to promote ourselves as a club particularly well 

Also to go against your location argument one of our buildings backs onto bramall lane and another onto shoreham street and very few of the international students we have living in these buildings ( very few) could even tell you where the football ground is