International Uni Students experience of SWFC

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Our new scouting team seem a little green.

You've really set someone up for a ban with a joke based on that one.

Guest Grez Bez

This is amazing.

Superb content, we should do more these on our SWFC Channel

International students, new to Sheffield, immigrants to Sheffield

I work for a company who have various accommodations around the city and Wednesday are very slow when it comes to tapping into the international student market we have a couple of buildings on shalesmoor which are 90% Asian students and apart from a handful none of them know about us even thou it's only ten mins away 

1 hour ago, westy365owl said:

I work for a company who have various accommodations around the city and Wednesday are very slow when it comes to tapping into the international student market we have a couple of buildings on shalesmoor which are 90% Asian students and apart from a handful none of them know about us even thou it's only ten mins away 

They sound American, their American English is too perfect for them to have been born anywhere else, or raised at least, but in

the USA, no "accent" whatsoever, well sort of an accent, a Midwestern (neutral) accent, not New England, NYC, upper Minnesota/Wisconsin, Chicago....  I like the video, just another instance of Wednesday getting more support, from overseas.  There is no American "look", we are a Nation made up of all Peoples, since 1776.  Like how they showed the train-ride, still wonder how they got press-passes.

Like to see more, from them, if, when, and as they can attend a Wednesday match, home and/or away.

5 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Isn’t that a shock 

We’re slow at everything 

1 hour ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

How many students can afford our prices? :ph34r:

And that really is the kicker we have 40,000 seater stadium that in good weeks is 15,000 empty seats the club have back themselves into such a corner with pricing and fear of upsetting their only match day ticket income, the season tickets holders, that the over price everything. Don't get me wrong those people keep the club going through thin and thinner but we need to get attendances up because we are not getting income from anywhere else. 

We have very little sponsorship because again of the pricing structure and don't sell any players.

For me start with a student deal, the tram ticket, the match ticket, half time soft drink/warm drink all for- £20. And build it up from there, Even if we only get an extra 500 people that's £10,000 a game extra revenue, then they tell their friends so many students in sheffield. If the people coming are anything like us they will get hooked quickly and the attendance will grow. Not to mention they may buy some merchandise and that free advertising for the club around the uni campus.

9 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Yep. A lot of Asian students love football but end up at Bramall Lane. They have done for years, not just now they’re in the Prem.

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They can’t. We lose a lot of students to Sheffield United. It’s something we really need to look at. 

The thing is they can afford to go if you ever see what they spend on other things then football for most of them would be a drop in the ocean