My take

vulva

1st half showed them far too much respect. Murphy may not have been playing well but he gets us up the pitch. We missed his pace. If he’s playing one up top and one behind, that one should be Harris. Fletcher is brilliant in the air, and needs someone closer to him. 

Monks teams that have come here in the past have been pragmatic, tough to beat, organised. We are already morphing into such a side. It’s a strategy that works really well when you get the first goal. If you don’t, you need a bit of luck.  

Good result, against a team that will be top 3. Bringing Arter and Odoi on and taking Sessengon and Cavelerro off changed it from a game of football into a scrap, and played right into our hands. 

MOTM was Borner. Kept the best striker in this league very quiet. Personally, and nothing against Bannan, I’d have made Borner captain.  He lacks a bit of pace, but is starting to look a class act. Wasn’t convinced at first, but I reckon he could turn into a cult hero. And he looks like Emerson Thome. 

Edited by vulva
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

1st half showed them far too much respect. Murphy may not have been playing well but he gets us up the pitch. We missed his pace. If he’s playing one up top and one behind, that one should be Harris. Fletcher is brilliant in the air, and needs someone closer to him. 

Monks teams that have come here in the past have been pragmatic, tough to beat, organised. We are already morphing into such a side. It’s a strategy that works really well when you get the first goal. If you don’t, you need a bit of luck.  

Good result, against a team that will be top 3. Bringing Arter and Odoi on and taking Sessengon and Cavelerro off changed it from a game of football into a scrap, and played right into our hands. 

MOTM was Borner. Kept the best striker in this league very quiet. Personally, and nothing against Bannan, I’d have made Borner captain.  He lacks a bit of pace, but is starting to look a class act. Wasn’t convinced at first, but I reckon he could turn into a cult hero. And he looks like Emerson Thome. 

Agree on Borner and on their subs' Parker got it completely wrong in that respect. Also agree to a certain extent on the tactics. I think we will play the same way next week and in a fair few away games but I think Monk will look to be a little more on the front foot at home when we are not playing what are expected to be top 6 sides.

Don't agree about moving Harris, whether it be a version of 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 he has been our most effective attacking player and is ideally suited to playing out wide.

43 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree, he's a handsome bugger.

Already one of my favourite players. Strong in the air, intercepts the ball so often and very good on the ball.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

I'd say the same, only reason why not is because his English is very poor at the moment.

20 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

I'd say the same, only reason why not is because his English is very poor at the moment.

His English is good.

And it’s pretty easy to make yourself understood on the pitch even if you don’t speak the lingo. 

Capello wasn’t wrong with his 100 words theory IMO

1 hour ago, Hitcat said:

The way out of this league is attack.

We haven't got the players to attack; apart from Harris we are slow and pedestrian. Fletcher works his heart out every week but we are still lacking a pacy forward, somebody who can do something diffetent.