Lee Cattermole

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

He’s not a sh1thouse though, he’s more of a ratter, or a rat Doesn’t really have the strength or height that Hutchinson brings

He is very much one. If there is anyone getting bullied on the pitch, Cattermole takes it on himself to sort it. He will compliment Hutchinson in that role.

‘Lets release the older players for young, fresh blood who will improve’.

:Signs - Cattermole, 31 and had 2 relegations in 3 years. Have a day off! Already got 2 players doing a similar job. No from me

Slept on it and would still be very underwhelmed by this signing. 

I just don't see the positives or how/why he'd drop his wage by 50% or more even though Sunderland paying off his final year. 

If Bruce thinks he's necessary, good enough for me and starts with a clean sheet and my support, but think we can do better.

Edited by striker

5 minutes ago, modboy said:

surprised we arent linked with Whelan. Wasnt he his captain at Villa?

We probably were along with Cattermole and Morsey, all 3 can do the same job.

It appears Cat wanted the gig most and took it upon himself to engineer a departure from Sunderland to make it a no brainer financially for SB to offer it to him!

As long as he isn't on ridiculous wages, not sure why there's such bedwetting on here about signing an experienced midfield stopper who played his entire career bar the last two seasons in the Premier League on a free transfer to bolster the squad.

Teams that get promoted generally have an older experienced head in the team, which we've missed since Loovens' legs went.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Would rather Diame if we are going for an experienced CM, but if Bruce thinks he improves the team then so be it.

The Diame who's just gone to play in Qatar and is getting £100k pw? 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The Diame who's just gone to play in Qatar and is getting £100k pw? 

Has this been confirmed anywhere, nothing on his Wiki (not saying that it's a reliable source).

3 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Has this been confirmed anywhere, nothing on his Wiki (not saying that it's a reliable source).

There was a report last week saying he'd agreed a deal.  Maybe not official yet as his Newcastle contract will have only just expired.

I reckon we could still hijack the deal and get him to agree to play for us for £99,500 pw

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

There was a report last week saying he'd agreed a deal.  Maybe not official yet as his Newcastle contract will have only just expired.

I reckon we could still hijack the deal and get him to agree to play for us for £99,500 pw

From a reliable source?  Not saying for a minute it hasn't happened.  He'd be a mug to turn down that sort of money.