Morgan Fox and George Boyd

With fox and Boyd in the team it has to be the weakest left side in the league, certainly bottom 3 material. Read earlier that it's fox's decision making that hampers him, I'd say its his all round ability! Watching Boyd it looks like he's just out for a leisurely job and enjoys what's going on around him.  Can't wait for the day I see on the website that they have "left the club and we thank them for their service, wishing them all the best for the future". 

Both laboured and slow. Fox hasn't got an inch of desire in him. His closing down is abysmal and sooo slow, their winger always has time to get a cross in or time to start sprinting at him. Boyd is like a long distance runner, one pace but always that pace from the 1st to the 90th minute. He does get through some work though I'll give him that. 

2 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Both laboured and slow. Fox hasn't got an inch of desire in him. His closing down is abysmal and sooo slow, their winger always has time to get a cross in or time to start sprinting at him. Boyd is like a long distance runner, one pace but always that pace from the 1st to the 90th minute. He does get through some work though I'll give him that. 

Personally I think Fox has the desire but not the ability. He lacks aggression but think he does want to do well.

He tries his best but wouldn't we all.

Sadly we need better.

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

Personally I think Fox has the desire but not the ability. He lacks aggression but think he does want to do well.

He tries his best but wouldn't we all.

Sadly we need better.

By desire, I meant to get out to close down but aggression is probably a better word for it :D although aggression is football is always misconstrued as being dirty or too combative à la Hutch. 

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, A12owl said:

He did at least get his boots dirty by kicking the ball occasionally.

Boyd's flashy green boots were as clean when he got back to the dressing room as they were when he left it.

No effort shown apart from the dive near the end in their box.

We have done brilliantly under Bruce but have been playing with 10 men when Boyd is on the pitch. 

Did absolutely nothing today. Should have his wages withheld for fraud. 

I could almost put him in the Bothroyd category. Big time Charlie who thinks he's better than he is and thinks he's above championship football. 

Bet he spends halftime adjusting his headband and looking at his reflection in his shiney clean boots.

Aaaaarrghh. 

And before anybody asks......no I don't like him. 

Fessi had more touches on the ball in the minutes he was on the pitch than Boyd had the whole match. 

Fessi ran at speed    ..... Boyd just watched the game from the pitch. 

Aaaaarrrgghh

Stop me please I'm losing it.......WTF:

Playing with 10 men. Exactly.

If there was ever a thread for a team of them worst signings we ever made, he'd be in there.