Morgan Fox and George Boyd

So so limited. No team pushing for play offs or, dare I dream, automatic promotion can afford to field these two. 

Yes Boyd has had a minor purple patch but they are simply too limited. 

Shame because without that dufus in charge at the start of the season and with a modicum of luck on the injury front Leeds aren't a million miles away from us.

3 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

So so limited. No team pushing for play offs or, dare I dream, automatic promotion can afford to field these two. 

Shame because without that dufus in charge at the start of the season and with a modicum of luck on the injury front Leeds aren't a million miles away from us.

Perhaps not a million miles but way way ahead of us today.

To be fair to Bruce though, Aarons and Lazaar will surely replace Boyd and Fox when fully fit.

Not sure where it leaves Palmer when Iorfa’s pace and strength can come back in either.

For me, Fox doesn’t complement Boyd atall. There where times today when hector was coming way over to do fox’s job. Fox is just not good enough for the division. If you’ve ever played a game of football you no one bad player on field can hamper the team. And for me that’s exactly what fox does. How can boyd get up there when he’s got that liability behind him. And I’m not a big Boyd fan but however today showed fox is just out of his depth.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Fox had a decent game 

Really!!?

I do love the vastly differing opinions on Owlstalk, that’s what makes it so entertaining....as long as we respect each other’s views.

For what it’s worth I thought that he was tragic today. I admire his commitment to the cause but I despair at his lack of ability.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Really!!?

I do love the vastly differing opinions on Owlstalk, that’s what makes it so entertaining....as long as we respect each other’s views.

For what it’s worth I thought that he was tragic today. I admire his commitment to the cause but I despair at his lack of ability.

I agree. He was positionally all over the shop today. I'm not sure where he was for their goal. 

Disappointed that we did not go FF and Lazaar on the left today in a game we had to win. Fox has the physicality to be a championship player but is hampered by his decision making which is league 2 standard at best. Boyd has the decision making of a premier league player but is hampered by his speed which again is a few leagues below where he needs to be.

2 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Disappointed that we did not go FF and Lazaar on the left today in a game we had to win. Fox has the physicality to be a championship player but is hampered by his decision making which is league 2 standard at best. Boyd has the decision making of a premier league player but is hampered by his speed which again is a few leagues below where he needs to be.

This is where Chansiri's genetic modification programme will start to pay dividends...

I can't wait for the unveiling of our new left-sided destroyer Morgan Boyd.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Haha 1

Fox has done ok recently...... BUT

when he’s had the ball he’s done ok n not much too wrong. Which people then think he’s done ok. 

Pits without the ball u need to watch. Today he was nowhere near Hernandez on numerous occasions leaving us so exposed. 

For the goal he was with wrong man n finally moved towards Hernandez n ball went through his legs. 

Hector ended up going out to help him n then out of position. 

Boyd does odd thing good n runs about but not good enough for level we need to be at. Lazaar n Aarons down left would be sooooo much more effective. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

Not a million miles on tonight's performance...more like a light year.