FFP and Us

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

This is why people won't seriously engage with you.

When you say something daft.. just own up.

Why is it daft? You’ve still not said, in fact you’ve almost agreed.

Nothing would change in terms of players getting contract, not good enough and you don’t make it 

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Why is it daft? You’ve still not said, in fact you’ve almost agreed.

Nothing would change in terms of players getting contract, not good enough and you don’t make it 

Your starting position was that ffp is a good Idea...then got the premier League muddled up with the football league..

FFP or p+s isn't credible or workable while the premier failures are immune.

It's nothing to do with contracts for players... you're conflating two different issues... you must see that?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Your starting position was that ffp is a good Idea...then got the premier League muddled up with the football league..

FFP or p+s isn't credible or workable while the premier failures are immune.

It's nothing to do with contracts for players... you're conflating two different issues... you must see that?

I got nothing mixed up, my suggestion goes along way to addressing the disparity.

And of course FFP is a good thing if it protects clubs, in the current climate it’s clearly needed. If they changed it to you can spend what you want but owners can’t regisyrr it as debt then fair enough, I expect though that owning s football club would be nowhere near as attractive 

2 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

I got nothing mixed up, my suggestion goes along way to addressing the disparity.

And of course FFP is a good thing if it protects clubs, in the current climate it’s clearly needed. If they changed it to you can spend what you want but owners can’t regisyrr it as debt then fair enough, I expect though that owning s football club would be nowhere near as attractive 

FFS.

40 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

They get a real job like every other f4cker 

It doesn't work like that tho' Ash....

Chelsea will put forward the argument that THEY are prepared to pay for these lads to be in employment..To stop that would simply be restriction of trade...

I do know what you are espousing, and it would be ideal, but its pie in the Sky mate...

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

It doesn't work like that tho' Ash....

Chelsea will put forward the argument that THEY are prepared to pay for these lads to be in employment..To stop that would simply be restriction of trade...

I do know what you are espousing, and it would be ideal, but its pie in the Sky mate...

It may we’ll be, my point was it would improve the game and would address the widening gap that exists between top 6 PL and the rest, the PL and championship and so on 

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Ok... I'll put it another way... I think you're on something... and that's why you post incoherent nonsense and then get into bitter spats with other posters that have led you to sober apologies in the past.

Only thing I’m on is OT, wasting my time engaging with you 

Just now, Ash76 said:

It may we’ll be, my point was it would improve the game and would address the widening gap that exists between top 6 PL and the rest, the PL and championship and so on 

It would improve the whole league mate....

Parachute payments reward failure...Its a mechanism that will eventually make...or attempt to make The Premiership a closed shop...allied to FFP now , it gives a Prem team a massive advantage over a championship club like us.

If run properly, the club that comes down has a MASSIVE advantage over Wednesday, Forest , birmingham etc....because its supposed to.

Garside the late Bolton manager wanted relegation from mthe Prem banned...Well you can't do that straight away , would cause a right furore...but gradually.......................?

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It would improve the whole league mate....

Parachute payments reward failure...Its a mechanism that will eventually make...or attempt to make The Premiership a closed shop...allied to FFP now , it gives a Prem team a massive advantage over a championship club like us.

If run properly, the club that comes down has a MASSIVE advantage over Wednesday, Forest , birmingham etc....because its supposed to.

Garside the late Bolton manager wanted relegation from mthe Prem banned...Well you can't do that straight away , would cause a right furore...but gradually.......................?

With my suggestion wages would fall, outside of the very best, and then there may be no need for parachute payments 

The reason FFP and P & S were brought in was to stop a rich owner buying promotion. That's got to be a good thing hasn't it?

We don't want another Abramovitch buying a club and spending 100's of £M to buy up all the best players. It's happened in the Premier league and it's not fair on all the other clubs.

The situation in the Championship is distorted by the relegated clubs getting parachute payments but if they stop that and stick to P & S it should be possible for most Championship clubs to get promoted if they are well run and buy players wisely or develop their own.

There will be pain until clubs accept they should stick to the rules but once they do inflated salaries for players will be forced down so will transfer fees. You never know maybe ticket prices will come down to prices ALL fans can afford.

I'n not happy we are going to suffer under P & S but if the league could stop parachute payments I'd accept it as good for the game in the long run.

I know we are coming out badly in P&S but you can understand what EFL was trying to do. The problem for them is the PL and tv income has made P&S unfair and unworkable in practice.

If football was normal business there is no way that it would be tolerated and there would be litigation aplenty.

As we are part of a kind of private club however we are bound by their rules.

The EFL should look after it's members by sending a rocket up the parachute payments by excluding these from the allowed losses and have an annual spending cap.

Next season Huddersfield will have 42m in their pocket in tv alone and will be able to lose 35m. Plus their revenue that will be about 90m to play with.

Huddersfields spending power to get back up will be over £90m.....

All from an own goal and a penalty shoot out.

Absolutely agree with all the comments here. Everything is so very unfair to reward a team relegated so they have the best chance of getting back up again. If you have an owner like ours who has limitless funds at his disposal (in terms of spending 50 million on transfers a season easily) and he is the sole owner so any debts are in effect his own then we should be able to do whatever we want. I do like the idea of making contracts have relegation clauses in as standard for every single club including the big boys and every club should have a financial year zero balance I.e owner puts in the money to make it so. Trust us though we get an billionaire owner who loves our club and has done so much being hinded because Morecambe can't afford the tea lady or paying loans to Bolton it's bloody poo... I also don't see why clubs should get parachute payments when most of them have a massive clear out of hi earners and star players anyway so that is extra upon extra income coming in...should be parachute if you keep all the team together or no payments if you sell players up to the parachute amount 

Edited by owls_wawaw

So what exactly is fair about FFP ?

Relegated Prem teams are gifted £26-£42m... for what ?

This in itself is wrong.

Championship teams dropping into league one (and so on) don't get anything, why should those dropping from the top table be rewarded?

System is bent and regardless of this if a wealthy owner can afford to subsidise a club out of his own private funds why on earth would he be prevented from doing so?

The playing field is far from level and badly needs an overhaul.

I hope it comes soon.

3 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

Much like the premier league did, what’s to stop a load of championship clubs saying “sod you if you won’t let us spend our own money, we are off” ?

Theres a large group of clubs kicking off at the TV money and pointing their fingers at the EFL,no idea what their next move will be,approach the FA re a second break away? Prem 2 possibly.

If 10 or 11 clubs break ffp are the efl going to sanction them all.

Its all ifs n buts,but theres a fair bit of unrest in the boadrooms at championship clubs and no doubt they will be looking for a resolution collectively,could be an interesting summer.

2 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

Think it will be Birmingham mate who will be made an example off 

Honestly mate..I hope you are right...but thats based on "You HOPE it will be Birmingham"..Why..cos they did it first?

If thats the case...Why shouldn't we follow?...The EFL would be held to ridicule..even litigation should that happen.

DC has no answer..he will deal with it as it comes, on the hoof..

Us?..Well we just make stuff up don't we...?

The pessimists say "oooh 10 point deduction"

The optimists..."Nah the rules will be chnged because  err...

Well because what exactly?

Because we want 'em too?

because "We are Sheffield Wednesday"

because.."Its not fair?"

I would honestl;y hope that the club has some definitive informatioin about what could happen, cos otherwise I think it as reckless as f.ook and could put Bruce miles behind the 8 ball should we be sanctioned