FA Cup replays

Watched this the other day on youtube:

You dont have to be a supporter of the clubs involved to get a sense how big the FA Cup was and the semi finals and how much it meant.
Now cup semi finals are just another game to fans of the big clubs.
Yes agree giving the winner a Champions league spot would help put some life back into it. 

54 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wouldn't mind betting that Wednesday fans above 35 still value the FA Cup and are sorry that many clubs dont take it seriously anymore.

While fans below 35 see it as a second rate competition and would rather get to Premier League then win the FA Cup.

No Wednesday fans just want to see us win something. And for most supporters winning a cup would be more memorable than getting a promotion. 

12 minutes ago, alanharper said:

When I was younger I could instantly name every team, result and goalscorer in every final from 1970 up to around 2000. Probably still can. 

But if you ask me who won the cup in any year from 2001-2018 I'd be struggling.

I could from 06 till now. Maybe old people have just gone off the FA cup but young people still value it. 

4 minutes ago, flo said:

No Wednesday fans just want to see us win something. And for most supporters winning a cup would be more memorable than getting a promotion. 

i think most clubs and maybe a fair few fans would rather us finish 6th than get to the cup final

Which says it all, when finishing 6th in the second tier is more appealing than a cup final 

7 minutes ago, torres said:

i think most clubs and maybe a fair few fans would rather us finish 6th than get to the cup final

Which says it all, when finishing 6th in the second tier is more appealing than a cup final 

No most clubs would rather get to the cup final. 

3 minutes ago, flo said:

I could from 06 till now. Maybe old people have just gone off the FA cup but young people still value it. 

Hey I'm not that old! First Cup Final that I remember was 1981 Spurs v Man City and I've watched every one since. It just hasn't been the same since the turn of the century though, with teams disrespecting the competition and the general lack of excitement and spectacle around the final compared to how it used to be, it was always a huge occasion before then. I haven't gone off it and still value it, and get immensely annoyed when clubs put out weak teams, but young people will just see this as normal whereas for the older generations it's devalued because it's a shadow of what it was.

I think I'd genuinely take an FA Cup win this season over promotion, it'd be an occasion that would be remembered and in the history books forever whereas promotions happen at various intervals. In 50 years nobody will remember that Wigan, WImbledon and Coventry were in the top flight for years but they'll remember that they won the FA Cup.

• Like 1

Be an interesting question ask people whether they would prefer seeing Wednesday in a play off final or an FA Cup Final this season.

Think many would rather see us in a play off final as getting to the Premier League is seen as the Holy grail.

I am 99.9% sure Chansiri would much rather go up then anything else. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Be an interesting question ask people whether they would prefer seeing Wednesday in a play off final or an FA Cup Final this season.

Think many would rather see us in a play off final as getting to the Premier League is seen as the Holy grail.

I am 99.9% sure Chansiri would much rather go up then anything else. 

Promotion has to be the preferred option in the long run but I would sacrifice going up this season for a trip to Wembley for the FA cup final as long as we brought the cup home and got promoted next season . 

57 minutes ago, torres said:

sorry Torres but I have been lucky enough to watch Wednesday in the top flight from 1984-2000, I would much rather us win the FA Cup than get promotion to the premier league.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

When I was younger I could instantly name every team, result and goalscorer in every final from 1970 up to around 2000. Probably still can. 

But if you ask me who won the cup in any year from 2001-2018 I'd be struggling.

Same here