FA Cup replays

Only four so far with one game left to play:

Luton vs Owls

Blackburn vs Newcastle

Stoke vs Shrewsbury

Saints vs Derby

Anyone know how many games get televised?  If so what are the chances of us getting on TV and getting a big of extra cash in for the rights?

BT/BBC will def choose Saints vs Derby because they love Frank Lampard (though in future the fact we have a manager with a big national profile might help us get more exposure and revenue too) and probably also Blackburn vs Newcastle, even though it will be a terrible game and Rafa will basically throw the match by putting out a load of reserves.  After that we're surely next in line.

Let them keep their broadcasting to themselves.  Look what happens when the Broadcaster take over - Wed - Utd derby now on a Monday Evening. Stuff TV  Convenience should be given to those that want to attend the match, with broadcasting by TV being done live at the proper time. And for anyone who says they can't attend, use the club website to keep up to date, or purchase ifollow!

I am one who would much prefer to go, but ave had to get used to following my team this way, and fthere is no way I can agree to the Sheffield derby game on a Monday night:mad::mad::mad:

Just now, WelshOwl74 said:

They already have after later rounds

Another nail in the greatest cup in world football

I don't see any positives in having replays - never have.

How can it be good for a one off CUP tie when another team can just go for a draw to make some money.

The competition is on it's backside as it is, replays should have been scrapped 10 years ago 

38 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Let them keep their broadcasting to themselves.  Look what happens when the Broadcaster take over - Wed - Utd derby now on a Monday Evening. Stuff TV  Convenience should be given to those that want to attend the match, with broadcasting by TV being done live at the proper time. And for anyone who says they can't attend, use the club website to keep up to date, or purchase ifollow!

I am one who would much prefer to go, but ave had to get used to following my team this way, and fthere is no way I can agree to the Sheffield derby game on a Monday night:mad::mad::mad:

Well this isn't quite the same is it?  Its a midweek fixture away at a team based a long way away without a big away end.  There'll be loads of our fans who want to go but won't be able to for these reasons, so having it on TV which wouldn't even change the KO time, is good for everyone isn't it? 

Guest LittleG
23 minutes ago, torres said:

I think they should scrap all replays  - finish it on the day

Can't agree. From Lutons point of view they deserve to have another crack at us after gaining a creditable draw away from home at a team in a higher division.

Just now, LittleG said:

Can't agree. From Lutons point of view they deserve to have another crack at us after gaining a creditable draw away from home at a team in a higher division.

Exactly.  A rule could be introduced whereby if two teams in the same division draw each other their game is decided on the day (if Liverpool draw with Wolves tonight no one wants to see that replay) but you can't take replays away from the smaller teams.  The money they can get from taking on a big PL team twice can keep them afloat for a year.

Pretty sure if we'd been drawn away at, say, Chelsea and got a draw we'd love the chance to bring them back to ours rather than let it go to a lottery of penalties. 

Just now, LittleG said:

Why not carry it on to a finish. It's CUP football.

The fans have to pay out for a ticket again, more travel costs, another game etc

Surely it would be more exciting if we knew there would be a winner on the day 

Guest LittleG
Just now, torres said:

Why not carry it on to a finish. It's CUP football.

The fans have to pay out for a ticket again, more travel costs, another game etc

Surely it would be more exciting if we knew there would be a winner on the day 

Again, sorry but don't agree. If Wednesday had gone to Old Trafford and held the mighty reds to a draw, I would want and love to have a replay at Hillsborough and it would be something we have deserved

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Again, sorry but don't agree. If Wednesday had gone to Old Trafford and held the mighty reds to a draw, I would want and love to have a replay at Hillsborough and it would be something we have deserved

It's a cup competition!!

So we could sit back for 90 minutes, bore everyone to tears just to make a few extra quid.

This is why it's on it's backside.

It's dull, some teams would rather draw than go through! Ridiculous 

10 minutes ago, torres said:

I don't see any positives in having replays - never have.

How can it be good for a one off CUP tie when another team can just go for a draw to make some money.

The competition is on it's backside as it is, replays should have been scrapped 10 years ago 

The competition is 'on it's backside' because of all the changes that have been made to it over the last 20 years.

Not a patch on what it used to be.

No replays

lol

7 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

Exactly.  A rule could be introduced whereby if two teams in the same division draw each other their game is decided on the day (if Liverpool draw with Wolves tonight no one wants to see that replay) but you can't take replays away from the smaller teams.  The money they can get from taking on a big PL team twice can keep them afloat for a year.

Pretty sure if we'd been drawn away at, say, Chelsea and got a draw we'd love the chance to bring them back to ours rather than let it go to a lottery of penalties. 

2 sets of rules depending on which league you are in.

Seems the perfect idea 

Just now, BIG D said:

The competition is 'on it's backside' because of all the changes that have been made to it over the last 20 years.

Not a patch on what it used to be.

No replays

lol

What is different from 20 years ago then?

It's no good because the league has taken over and is MUCH more important.

The teams don't want it, the players are not that fussed and the nail in the coffin the fans couldn't give 2 hoots about it  - as shown in the attendances 

Guest LittleG
4 minutes ago, torres said:

It's a cup competition!!

So we could sit back for 90 minutes, bore everyone to tears just to make a few extra quid.

This is why it's on it's backside.

It's dull, some teams would rather draw than go through! Ridiculous 

Wow, didn't realise it's a cup competition. If  It's on its backside its mainly because of the money thrown at the league's by Sky etc. which have focused clubs towards their league status. You try telling the fans of Newport, Oldham, even Luton etc it's not important.  Stopping replays may be another nail in the coffin and does no good for the competition

Ridiculous!!

Just now, LittleG said:

Wow, didn't realise it's a cup competition. If  It's on its backside its mainly because of the money thrown at the league's by Sky etc. which have focused clubs towards their league status. You try telling the fans of Newport, Oldham, even Luton etc it's not important.  Stopping replays may be another nail in the coffin and does no good for the competition

Ridiculous!!

If it's so important  - why does hardly anyone go?