Remember...

If Bruce does come in it will no doubt not please some. Just being the manager of the lot 3 miles south will be enough.

Impossible for it to happen but just hope the majority of fans can accept it and we pull together for a few weeks at least

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

If Bruce does come in it will no doubt not please some. Just being the manager of the lot 3 miles south will be enough.

Impossible for it to happen but just hope the majority of fans can accept it and we pull together for a few weeks at least

Didn’t he disrespect them S2 people?

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I dont think being an ex Sheff U manager will count against him.

I bet a lot of fans are too young to remember as its 20 years ago now.

It was only for a season and he walked out on them. 

The only thing about his time at Sheff U I can remember is that cup game at Arsenal that got replayed in unusual circumstances.

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I dont think being an ex Sheff U manager will count against him.

I bet a lot of fans are too young to remember as its 20 years ago now.

It was only for a season and he walked out on them. 

The only thing about his time at Sheff U I can remember is that cup game at Arsenal that got replayed in unusual circumstances.

Was it really 20 years ago WTF

I'm astonished by the OP.  Steve Bruce is an outstanding Manager in this division.  We needed Jos to go; this is time to look forward.  

Who cares about him managing the blunts?  It was a decent early job for him and he left for a better offer.  He's not got an affinity with them.

This looks a superb match to me.  Like has been said, Villa proved difficult but he will lift us.  I'm sure Forestieri will remember him trying to sign him.  

Play offs are on! 

Edited by cagOWL
Typo

14 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Just looked it up he was manager of Sheff U 1998-99 season.

Forgot he managed Huddersfield, Wigan (twice) and Palace.

Also said in wikipedia he wrote some fictional books about life of a football manager call Steve Barnes, which made me laugh.

Jeez I am getting old 

2 hours ago, cagOWL said:

I'm astonished by the OP.  Steve Bruce is an outstanding Manager in this division.  We needed Jos to go; this is time to look forward.  

Who cares about him managing the blunts?  It was a decent early job for him and he left for a better offer.  He's not got an affinity with them.

This looks a superb match to me.  Like has been said, Villa proved difficult but he will lift us.  I'm sure Forestieri will remember him trying to sign him.  

Play offs are on! 

I do hope you are right.

3 hours ago, addedtime said:

Try reading what Villa fans think of him 

Or alternatively what Wigan, Hull, Birmingham etc fans think of him. Most managers have failures on their cv’s if losing a play off final is him at his worst it ain’t bad. Saying that he wouldn’t be my first choice but I wouldn’t complain if we ended up with him 

Guest addedtime
13 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I read what people said about Carlos. Then I read what the same people said about Carlos after a couple of years. Things change 

I know. I'm just going on what his recent reputation was. Just as people here would with Carlos. Whoever it is will be a gamble I suppose.