‘We Must See The Reality’

Last season he was on track at rebuilding the squad and the team.

We were getting results and he was getting more out of average players like Nuhiu

He needed to continue being consistent with his team selections, most notably in the back 5, wheel and deal, offload some of the high earners and players not in his plans and to bring in some key signings

Unfortunately this season Jos isn't combining both on the pitch performances together with some what consistent approach last season ..

everything has changed again .. like it did under Carlos in Season 2.

Failed promises by the chairman haven't helped neither. 1 permanent signing in 2 transfer windows is shocking for a chairman wanting this club to be challenging the top 6

3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Mate. We say "Baker is nowhere near first choice standard at Championship level"

Fair point but Liam Palmer is far worse, Palmer played at Blackburn and we conceded 4!

So I revert back to and stand by my comments......circumstance depicts he can not be backed!......THE SAME CIRCUMSTANCE WOULD FACE A NEW MANAGER!

Jos is waiting to be backed!

If he was to bring in 5 or 6 players, imagine the boost in competition!. They're all playing like they're extremely comfortable. 

Liam Palmer played plenty of games under previous managers and didn't look as poor as he has done under Jos - he does not have the ability to get the best out of the team he has taken on.

He has signed 3 players. One is full of effort but lacking the ability to be a competitive Championship midfielder, one is a defender who looks class during games but makes mistakes that regularly result in us conceding and the other is a midfielder that cannot get game time despite us being abysmal for the past two months.

Yes, these signings have all been restricted by having next to no budget but other clubs have had financial restrictions and transfer embargos and have made a better fist of things. We were only able to sign 2 loan players in the last transfer window - given this was the case, perhaps he should have tried to ensure that both would be players that would improve us.

A new manager may be able to:

• define a clear tactical approach
  • nail down his preferred formation 
  • decide upon his best 11
  • Use all of the above to work on in training as opposed to chopping and changing every week
  • provide some support and guidance to the inexperienced players from the sidelines when things aren't going well

6 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Last season he was on track at rebuilding the squad and the team.

We were getting results and he was getting more out of average players like Nuhiu

He needed to continue being consistent with his team selections, most notably in the back 5, wheel and deal, offload some of the high earners and players not in his plans and to bring in some key signings

Unfortunately this season Jos isn't combining both on the pitch performances together with some what consistent approach last season ..

everything has changed again .. like it did under Carlos in Season 2.

Failed promises by the chairman haven't helped neither. 1 permanent signing in 2 transfer windows is shocking for a chairman wanting this club to be challenging the top 6

Sorry but it is nothing like season 2 under Carlos. Yes, the 2016-17 wasn't as exciting in terms of the brand of football but we at least had a defined way of playing which was effective and we got results. How many times did we get beat at home that season? This season I haven't got a clue what our tactical approach is and don't know what the formation is half of the time. I do know plenty of the players are being played out of position too often and none are playing as well as they can do.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A new manager may be able to:

• define a clear tactical approach
  • nail down his preferred formation 
  • decide upon his best 11
  • Use all of the above to work on in training as opposed to chopping and changing every week
  • provide some support and guidance to the inexperienced players from the sidelines when things aren't going well

I find it comical.

So a new manager walks in and says "Marco Matias, I'm building a team around you, I think you've got beautiful teeth" 

Following week, Matias is out for 2 months. 

You can not decide upon a best 11, stick to the same tactical approach when we have a squad full of biscuits and very little character!

You make do with what you've got mate. Why can't nobody else see it.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I find it comical.

So a new manager walks in and says "Marco Matias, I'm building a team around you, I think you've got beautiful teeth" 

You can not decide upon a best 11, stick to the same tactical approach when we have a squad full of biscuits and very little character!

Are you joking?

He keeps putting square pegs in round holes even when other options are available. He hasn't had major defensive injuries this season but has had a tendency to change defensive formation and personnel at will. The vast majority of managers will look to address poor form or a depleted squad by shoring up the defence and have consistency of selection and approach, especially when the team has a rookie keeper and other inexperienced players.

If you think Jos is getting the best out of any of our players then you are in a significant minority.

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you joking?

Not allowing myself to get emotional about it, see it from both sides.

Not many at all sympathize with the problems Jos faces! 

They just want a new manager with a magic sponge.

Edited by bigash_swfc

2 hours ago, David Somni Jennings said:

He isn't wrong though is he? We have blown our load, and the reason we were able to scrape through the embargo was likely an agreement that all the high earners out of contract would not be played, would be released at the end of the season (or sooner), and their appearance fees, clean sheet bonuses, etc, wouldn't be outgoings as they would never have a chance to earn them.

I don't get whats taking our fans so long to realise this - We can't afford to play these guys and pay their appearance fees and bonuses, we can't afford to keep them after this season. We need them off the books asap and are hoping someone will take them in January.

Jos is not the right guy to get this team going, but in his above statements, he isn't wrong at all - Our expectation levels need to drop massively, and we need to open our eyes to the reality that each time one of those guys walks onto the pitch, they are paid a hefty appearance fee.

This is possibly one of the biggest loads of nonsense I've ever read. Total bollyocks.

27 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I find it comical.

Stop talking daft. Once a new gaffer arrives, we'll have £20m to spend, westy back in sticks, FF, Lee, Hooper, Winnall won't be injured, Hutch will be captain, Nuhui rediscover last seasons form, our full backs will be clones of Roberto Carlos and Kafu and we'll thrash everyone. 

7 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Stop talking daft. Once a new gaffer arrives, we'll have £20m to spend, westy back in sticks, FF, Lee, Hooper, Winnall won't be injured, Hutch will be captain, Nuhui rediscover last seasons form, our full backs will be clones of Roberto Carlos and Kafu and we'll thrash everyone. 

Best we can hope for...

Chansiri to seek additional investment. I'm hoping this is his intention for the Fans Forum.

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

I just think....look where Carlos and his favourites got us....Into a right mess, bottomed out and a broken team.

Look at Jos and his massive b@lls, if players cannot be relied upon, or cannot be motivated due to being 33/34 and out of contract - they're gone. Finally we get a manager with abit of principle and circumstance depicts he can not be backed.

You mean Westwood then I presume ? 

1 minute ago, Semedo's ferret said:

What's he going to do with additional investment? He's maxed out the CC and isn't allowed to pay it off for 3 years. 

Sell 50% to his son, so he can gift Att - 20m 

Which Att will magically say "go on then Jos, you wanted a fair crack, now you've got one"

:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You mean Westwood then I presume ? 

I mean Westwood, Boyd, Abdi, Jones via age,

Hutchinson, Palmer unable to rely on.

Hooper and Lee are won't play again

Preston, Nielsen, O'Grady are also out of contract,

Pudil and Matias are trying for new contracts.

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I mean Westwood, Boyd, Abdi, Jones via age,

Hutchinson, Palmer unable to rely on.

Hooper and Lee are won't play again

Preston, Nielsen, O'Grady are also out of contract,

Pudil and Matias are trying for new contracts.

Would you pick any of those you’ve mentioned ? 

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I'd keep Fraser Preston.

Wipe off roughly 10m off the wage bill.

Be nice if that could happen but aren’t a few still on decent contracts length wise , Hutch alone has 18 months left I believe . They will need paying off so some of the £10m you mention will be used to see them off and as for the crocks !! What do we do with them ?