Next SWFC Manager

Next SWFC Manager  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Who should Mr C appoint as next SWFC Manager?

• Holloway
    • Megson
    • Waddle

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/12/18 at 00:00

Can you give us some sensible options.

Stuart Gray is tailor made for the situation we are in 

Slavista Jokanovic proven at this level getting two teams promoted

Roberto Di Matteo a former champions league winner has experience in the championship and good links in the premier league, if we look at Derby with Lampard could be the next route DC decided to try

Gus Poyet similar to Matteo good links in football and a lot of experience of English football at both player and manager level, Got fired from Bordeaux because he criticized the club for selling a player under him, something he does not have to worry about with DC he never sells players.

Jaap Stam came so close with Reading, Dutch and could be a short term option (almost signed for the Owls in the 90's as a left back about the time we decided Cantona was not for us)

Dan Petruscu - Romanian international as a player and an ex Owl, striking resemblance to Fox Mulder in his playing days and was the manager choice when we were connected to the agent company that apparently have no involvement with the club, currently managing in China where the money seems to be so may not want to come to England unless he has aspirations of managing in the premier league

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst Foreign manager, won the league and cup with Feyenoord looking for a move to England and will play an attractive style of football this one a bit left field but with DC we could get anyone.

All these are left field but we won't get a British manager so why not, Stuart Gray may have a chance because even though he was treated badly first time round he is genuinely a nice bloke and if given the chance I can see him returning. With the talent in our squad and him in charge i can only see the club moving onwards and upwards because he is a really good coach, It is noticeable how he tightened up Fulham defense and help another choice improve them into a team that got promoted but his ability to get good loan players will have been a factor with some of the players Fulham signed to get them over the line.

Edited by room0035
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Blasphemy. HE is the only football manager/coach with a Cult. 

See you in Grenoside Woods for your punishment. At least twenty miles awaits. 

garymegson

Be happy with the strawberry blonde, if only for knowing the shower of poo that is our squad won’t kniw what hit them. Imagine if he came back and did a mind the gap on wilder and his merry band of gruntbags. If Carlsberg did football appointments:goalie: 

To be fair, I’d take Irvine and Richardson back over the clowns we have at the moment.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

5 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Yes he is a bit of a "cult"!

Holloway is a funny guy, and life would be interesting with Holloway as Manager. I don't think we've had that since  Big Ron was here. He'd get us creating chances again, but the defence would still be wide open I'm sure. At least we'll have more than half a chance of winning 5-4 with Holloway, instead of giving up and losing 4-2 under Jos.

Megson however, will sort the defence and attack, set pieces and the whole club, given the chance. The last part may work against him with Mr C. With Megson, they'll be chance enough to look back and laugh at this mess when we're WINNING.

garymegson

2 hours ago, PeteG_1984 said:

Random manager who has spent his career in the French second division.

I'm sure he has won the French second division with 100 points and he's never lost a Derby game against their rivals who are much bigger than Dem Trotters

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, room0035 said:

Can you give us some sensible options.

Stuart Gray is tailor made for the situation we are in 

Slavista Jokanovic proven at this level getting two teams promoted

Roberto Di Matteo a former champions league winner has experience in the championship and good links in the premier league, if we look at Derby with Lampard could be the next route DC decided to try

Gus Poyet similar to Matteo good links in football and a lot of experience of English football at both player and manager level, Got fired from Bordeaux because he criticized the club for selling a player under him, something he does not have to worry about with DC he never sells players.

Jaap Stam came so close with Reading, Dutch and could be a short term option (almost signed for the Owls in the 90's as a left back about the time we decided Cantona was not for us)

Dan Petruscu - Romanian international as a player and an ex Owl, striking resemblance to Fox Mulder in his playing days and was the manager choice when we were connected to the agent company that apparently have no involvement with the club, currently managing in China where the money seems to be so may not want to come to England unless he has aspirations of managing in the premier league

Giovanni Van Bronckhorst Foreign manager, won the league and cup with Feyenoord looking for a move to England and will play an attractive style of football this one a bit left field but with DC we could get anyone.

All these are left field but we won't get a British manager so why not, Stuart Gray may have a chance because even though he was treated badly first time round he is genuinely a nice bloke and if given the chance I can see him returning. With the talent in our squad and him in charge i can only see the club moving onwards and upwards because he is a really good coach, It is noticeable how he tightened up Fulham defense and help another choice improve them into a team that got promoted but his ability to get good loan players will have been a factor with some of the players Fulham signed to get them over the line.

I agree Stuart Gray was treated badly, and this is the karma which was obvious for most people to foresee when trusted players and the Manager were ditched in favour of the Castle built on Sand bought by Spendageddon we now have. The football side of Wednesday has no Soul.

I think the rest of the Managers on your list, apart from Dan Petrescu  wouldn't want to live in Sheffield and manage our club unless hell froze over, or a substantial eight figure sum was deposited into a Swiss bank account in the name of their wife's poodle.

The thought of Jaap Stan as manager makes me want to vomit. His demise at Reading sounds a lot like what is happening at Wednesday on the playing field. It also reminds me of all the criticism Louis van Gaal received at Man Utd.

You may also be aware of the conspiracy that Dan Petrescu was the first Doyen face Mr C was after, so if you don't like the current problems, Mr P may well be just another face of the current regime.

Our only hope: Megson will tutor Mr C in the ways of righteousness and all will be well on the ancient playing field of Hillsborough.

garymegson

23 hours ago, Plonk said:

None of the above???

It's an interesting vote. Megson and Holloway currently have more votes than your agreements for none of the above on your post, but you still have a sizeable number more votes than Chris Waddle.

I guess it shows the club have no obvious choice, that's why we'll get Pier Nunovebouve from the French second division.

12 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I agree Stuart Gray was treated badly, and this is the karma which was obvious for most people to foresee when trusted players and the Manager were ditched in favour of the Castle built on Sand bought by Spendageddon we now have. The football side of Wednesday has no Soul.

I think the rest of the Managers on your list, apart from Dan Petrescu  wouldn't want to live in Sheffield and manage our club unless hell froze over, or a substantial eight figure sum was deposited into a Swiss bank account in the name of their wife's poodle.

The thought of Jaap Stan as manager makes me want to vomit. His demise at Reading sounds a lot like what is happening at Wednesday on the playing field. It also reminds me of all the criticism Louis van Gaal received at Man Utd.

You may also be aware of the conspiracy that Dan Petrescu was the first Doyen face Mr C was after, so if you don't like the current problems, Mr P may well be just another face of the current regime.

Our only hope: Megson will tutor Mr C in the ways of righteousness and all will be well on the ancient playing field of Hillsborough.

garymegson

They were all really left field but that seem to be the way DC goes, Maybe we should all be looking who is currently out of work from the Albanian and Romanian league for our next manager Nristo Stochkov would be a great manager and he has not managed for nearly 6 years so fits the profile we look for.