BCFC U18s 0 v 3 SWFC U18s

Guest Kagoshimaowl
22 hours ago, dfoster said:

Fantastic. You must be so proud of your lad who seems to score or assist every week.

Wish we'd get some of these lads tied down to pro deals. Am sure there must be serious interest from other clubs by now in at least three or four of them. 

It’s probably a load of rounduns and this O’Brien lad does nowt!!!

Just kidding, really like these reports 

What I like about this bunch of young lads is there is several with real pace and energy which is something we have not had for quite a while and we lack in first team.

The other is we have a new name starring each week which suggests its not all down to one lad.

The Grant free kick was excellent. The other two goals looked well worked and a real understanding was shown between the players.

Love these updates - hope your lad keeps progressing and makes the breakthrough in the future! 

I see we are top of the league. Is it the ‘top’ league for U18s? Or will we get promoted somewhere if we stay top? Or is it just regional?

Apologies for my ignorance, probably been covered a million times on here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Quist said:

What I like about this bunch of young lads is there is several with real pace and energy which is something we have not had for quite a while and we lack in first team.

The other is we have a new name starring each week which suggests its not all down to one lad.

The Grant free kick was excellent. The other two goals looked well worked and a real understanding was shown between the players.

You are absolutely correct Quist. They all work for one and other.

27 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Love these updates - hope your lad keeps progressing and makes the breakthrough in the future! 

I see we are top of the league. Is it the ‘top’ league for U18s? Or will we get promoted somewhere if we stay top? Or is it just regional?

Apologies for my ignorance, probably been covered a million times on here.

The higher league is the Premier league U18 for category 1 acadamies. Ours is a category 2 academy, so play in the U18 PDL. Can't get promoted till we apply for, and get, Category 1 status. Which, the way things are going, with added investment in the Academy, is a few years away. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

The higher league is the Premier league U18 for category 1 acadamies. Ours is a category 2 academy, so play in the U18 PDL. Can't get promoted till we apply for, and get, Category 1 status. Which, the way things are going, with added investment in the Academy, is a few years away. 

Its difficult to get Cat1 status and Wednesday would almost certainly need to move from Middlewood to achieve that. The way forward is to maybe sell the Academy. 

14 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Its difficult to get Cat1 status and Wednesday would almost certainly need to move from Middlewood to achieve that. The way forward is to maybe sell the Academy. 

Could be wrong, but I think Middlewood Road is council owned, and we just lease it. Wasn't there something mooted about purchasing Niagara, obviously would be some years away under current constraints. 

4 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Could be wrong, but I think Middlewood Road is council owned, and we just lease it. Wasn't there something mooted about purchasing Niagara, obviously would be some years away under current constraints. 

Correct, but I understand it was shelved until we reached the top flight. If we have changed tack, as some suggest, and we are taking a more long term approach, then maybe we should go ahead with the original plan After all, if we are hamstrung by FFP, then money spent on academy stuff is not included

58 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

No, im talking about selling the Academy lock stock and barrel and who ever bought it would certainly want to move it.

Pick of the best players in return Wednesday pay a fee back to the Academy. Celtic. Derby County and numerous others do not own their academies. Celtic sell Academy players to other clubs around the country and indeed the leagues around the country are littered with Celtic Academy products.

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You’ve lost me John, how does that benefit us?

13 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Pick of the best players in return Wednesday pay a fee back to the Academy. Celtic. Derby County and numerous others do not own their academies. Celtic sell Academy players to other clubs around the country and indeed the leagues around the country are littered with Celtic Academy products.

2 hours ago, John O'Brien said:

No, im talking about selling the Academy lock stock and barrel and who ever bought it would certainly want to move it.

Who would buy it? Another club? Who owns Celtic's and Derby's then? This is totally new on me mate I must say....

1 minute ago, dfoster said:

Who would buy it? Another club? Who owns Celtic's and Derby's then? This is totally new on me mate I must say....

I think the guy that owns Derby Country Academy  was the lad that was a partner in the game company ‘King’ that done Candy Crush, Celtic Boys Club was started by a group of fans and are still a separate entity to the Club with Celtic getting pick of the players for a small fee i would imagine and in return use Celtic Fc training facilities etc. The Thai family that own Leicester City originally only came in to buy the Academy and ended up buying the club as well. Those lads at Leicester play and train on hybrid pitches and is on another level.