BCFC U18s 0 v 3 SWFC U18s

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Celtic must own their academy - it's a UEFA requirement to play in european competition at 1st team level

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Celtic must own their academy - it's a UEFA requirement to play in european competition at 1st team level

They dont. They put out a statement last week saying that they are both separate entities.

30 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

They dont. They put out a statement last week saying that they are both separate entities.

Can you give the link please John?

Don't see what advantage there is whatsoever in a club putting their name to an academy that isn't theirs 

Celtic Boys Club is the feeder for Celtic Fc who I believe don’t have an Academy for younger players under 17. The coaching staff for Celtic youth coach the boys club and pick the best players as they get older for the development squads at Celtic and can sign boys up on schoolboy forms for when they hit 16. Im pretty sure Huddersfield use a similar system now.

Huddersfield are Cat 4 - Scotland has a different system

Celtic recruit players from 6 yrs upwards - they run teams up to u17 then a reserve squad which is u20 basically - this is the structure of youth football in Scotland (which more closely mirrors european age groups)

Celtic Boys Club are a different and independent entity

Just called my mate in Glasgow his lad plays with Celtic U16s. He is officially with Celtic boys club as are most of the players in the team. Celtic Devlopment or Academy starts at U17 level and those are the ones run by the Club. His lad finds out next month if Celtic want him or not to join up. Celtic put a lot of money into CBC to develop talent and as i said pay for the coaching of players as young as 5. They use Celtic youth which i belive is just the coaching staff.

8 minutes ago, scram said:

Huddersfield are Cat 4 - Scotland has a different system

Celtic recruit players from 6 yrs upwards - they run teams up to u17 then a reserve squad which is u20 basically - this is the structure of youth football in Scotland (which more closely mirrors european age groups)

Celtic Boys Club are a different and independent entity

1 minute ago, John O'Brien said:

Just called my mate in Glasgow his lad plays with Celtic U16s. He is officially with Celtic boys club as are most of the players in the team. Celtic Devlopment or Academy starts at U17 level and those are the ones run by the Club. His lad finds out next month if Celtic want him or not to join up. Celtic put a lot of money into CBC to develop talent and as i said pay for the coaching of players as young as 5. They use Celtic youth which i belive is just the coaching staff.

1 hour ago, scram said:

Celtic Boys Club isn't Celtic's academy - although their is an affiliation

Celtic do have their own academy which is an integral part of the club - as per UEFA requirements

I remember when my lad went up there to speak to Celtic after he left Leicester City they said he would need to go straight into the U17s development due  to his September 2000 birthday and not the boys club.