January

13 hours ago, Eastern said:

Answer.

chansiri buys a Latvian second division club.

they pay 25 million for trio of Jones, Abdi and Fox.

Is that really any worse than sponsorship from a non-operating drinks company and taxi firm?!

13 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

I dont know if its the case anymore because we came out of the transfer embargo without selling anyone apart from Hunt. 

We were let off embargo essentially for good behaviour, for adhering to embargo terms and showing efforts to reduce spending. 

We're still very much in breach of ffp and need a cash windfall to avoid embargo again. Listen to that podcast from a few months back, it's depressingly thorough. 

1 hour ago, CF83OWL said:

Dude....you are talking out of your rear end.

If i want to buy a business or a football club who are financially unbalanced.....the EFL are not gonna put off investors coming in by slapping a team with a 12 pts deduction or binding them to FFP / PSR from day zero and punishing them for previous owners. 

If that were the case then no new investor would risk coming in to buy a football club anymore. 

Once new owners come in, buy shares and say...... I here by invest £10m. It balances the books. 

Maybe you should look up the Hull City and their talk of January investment with the new owners. Currently Hull are up for sale because they are in trouble.....but in January they seek new players. 

I actually did as you said and looked up Hull City and their new owners. You are basing your argument on their being up against the FFP limits and the new owners being able to inject money to buy new players.

They aren't near the FFP limit. Full article here

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2018/sep/05/hull-city-ehab-allam-emotionally-detached-fans-championship-football-league-blog

“We must be one of the most attractive clubs in the Championship, because we have been so well managed. If anybody wants to invest in a club to get promoted, I don’t see any club that is better placed than Hull. We have the biggest amount of head room, in terms of financial fair play – more than any other club in the division.”

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Depends, come January, on current form, we will probably be in the bottom three. If we get rid of our better players, we’ll likely stay in the bottom three. Do we just accept likely relegation, and cash in, because we may not achieve the same prices as a third tier club? I’m hoping we take action before January, and get someone in, who can get the best out of these players.

i'm glad you've raised that issue, because i was about to. i think we're setting up to sell the 'better' players and look to survive on loans, IF we can't achieve the 'survival' part of the plan, then jos is allegedly 'the man to have' to get you out of a lower division.

that would be a pisspoor plan, but it would be a plan.

13 hours ago, Eastern said:

Answer.

chansiri buys a Latvian second division club.

they pay 25 million for trio of Jones, Abdi and Fox.

Yep, then sign Bannan, Reach and Forestieri for another £60 million before loaning them back to Wednesday with a bulk of their wages paid by the Latvian club.

Pure genius!

:Chansiri: