January

Huge huge month for the future of our club. With our finances in shambles, we really need to shift some players (and manager if need be) out and start rebuilding this club from the bottom up. 

Get our finances in order, stabilise the team, slowly bleed some of the youth into the team again, and build a strong squad for the future.

I feel that could well be last chance saloon for Chansiri to show us he's learning from his mistakes. 

Just now, CF83OWL said:

I dont know if its the case anymore because we came out of the transfer embargo without selling anyone apart from Hunt. 

If I remember right, its next season where the issues are in regards to FFP.

I believe we have to balance our books.

A transfer embargo next summer would kill us off I think, especially with a fair few out of contract

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

If I remember right, its next season where the issues are in regards to FFP.

I believe we have to balance our books.

A transfer embargo next summer would kill us off I think, especially with a fair few out of contract

We came out of the embargo out of the blue. There were whispers of new ownership, so maybe DC sold some of his ownership to a friend. 

I guess January will reveal all. 

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Some educated guesses say we need to generate 20 million to be within the limits. 

2 or 3 of our best players then 

I'd like to value Reach at around £12m-15m in todays markets, fessi around £8m-10m. 

If we sold those two, realistically we could keep Bannan and build a future squad around him. He's what really makes us tick and we need to keep him at all costs

16 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Reach, Bannan, Fessi will probably all go.

FFP issues sorted....team decimated. 

Well that would be great. And guarantee I won’t have to fork out for a season ticket. I can then come on here and moan about potg  prices

Edited by Plonk