Adam Reach

28 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I have never seen a Wednesday player abused by his own fans as much as Reach

The reaction to him was ridiculous.  His supposedly high price tag didn't help.

But he's bulked up, gotten more involved in matches after playing further forward and in my eyes proven a lot people wrong..

You could see he had the skill and energy but just needed to have the confidence to assert himself on the matches more.

Somebody was totally lambasted when they suggested he could play for England.  If he was better at tackling or learnt how to then he could go a long way in the game.

To be fair England is a bit lean in the midfield department going by who we had to pick from in the world cup. 

But if Jonjo Shelvey isn't getting picked, I don't see Reach getting in. 

On 01/09/2018 at 22:37, roaminowl said:

Neil has told us not to merge threads, so never...unless he changes his mind.

First thing I'd do if someone told me not to do it.

I reckon I wouldn't last 2 minutes. How much do you get paid as a mod? If the answer is nowt, I wouldn't be a mod either.

I'll stick to £10 per week for stirring up activity in threads and increasing revenues from advertising.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

First thing I'd do if someone told me not to do it.

I reckon I wouldn't last 2 minutes. How much do you get paid as a mod? If the answer is nowt, I wouldn't be a mod either.

I'll stick to £10 per week for stirring up activity in threads and increasing revenues from advertising.

He pays me much more than that and I get a cut of the advertising revenue.  You should renegotiate, I'm signed up with Doyen so they sort it for me, they reckon Neil just crumbles and pays up. 

2 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Blimey. Carlos will be held responsible for global warming next. 

Hot air?

Ive no gripe with how Carlos dealt with Reach. Played him wide as a LW and LB. He’s doing a good job in midfield but for me he is a top wide player first and foremost.

On 02/09/2018 at 09:35, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Well has tha seen eg Villa talk? You can trace fan views on Jack Grealish back to his youth days and there is only one heading for all things connected to Steve Bruce. Instead, we have about fotty different threads about Jos when each team sheet is announced. It would involve a bit of basic cataloging.

Yeah seen that

It's terrible

We're about five times bigger and busier than they are too so I would guess we're doing it right

What would happen  (for instance) if there was a news story about Adam Reach and Fernando Forestieri getting dropped for a game? 

Would it go in the Adam Reach thread?
Would it go in the Forestieri thread?
Would it go in a team lineup thread?
etc

Just doesn't work

News stories need to be accessible and easy to find. Trying to find a story about Adam Reach signing for the club would be a nightmare - you'd have to go into the Adam Reach thread and start hunting for it, whereas you just use search on here and find the Adam Reach signs for SWFC thread - 10 second job

I hear what you're saying but I really don't want a Villa Talk style system - it's messy and it's too much hard work as a reader to find what you are looking for

Owlstalk Shop