Liam Palmer

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

For me, that’s two high quality performances in a row, following his stint against Sunderland. 

Jos leaving him out against Brentford was a bit of a mystery

It’s a long tough season and at the moment games are coming thick and fast. Shuffling the deck is necessary especially with a squad that loses so many players to injury. 

10 hours ago, dani_armo said:

dont rate palmer one bit but he was good tonight...prob the best iv ever seen him play simply because he looked like he put a shift in and actually sprinted, showed effort, went for 50/50s

whether he can do it again saturday we will see but well done tonight

This, i criticise him a lot because I feel it’s deserved.

Played well last night though so credit where it’s due. Saved us 2 points late on by putting his body on the line.

Well done Liam

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

For me, that’s two high quality performances in a row, following his stint against Sunderland. 

Jos leaving him out against Brentford was a bit of a mystery

No mystery whatsoever. Palmer played poorly against Wigan so was dropped for Baker (for the Hull game) who performed ok, nothing more nothing less.

Palmer played ok (nothing more, nothing less) against a lower league side in the cup as Baker was rested. There was no reason to drop Baker for the match against Brentford, none whatsoever. 

Palmer returned to the side last night and put in a cracking performance, full of energy, commitment, fully switched on as to what’s going off around him and some good quality touches, that’s probably the best I have seen him play. The shirt is now his to lose. Which takes me on to my next waffle.

If you take the line up last night on face value, no injuries to FF or Hutch,  no interference from above on who Jos us allowed to pick etc. It looks like Jos won’t tolerate half arsed (effort) performances not matter how established the player is and will drop them sharpish. It may prove his undoing with chopping and changing players every game (and upsetting the old guard)  but for me that line up last night was either very brave or stupid. I think it sent a very clear message out to what is expected from the players. Owt less than 100% effort and you will be dropped. 

Palmer had a good game last night, certainly looks like he's lost some timber around the middle and bulked up his upper body, some great tackles and good forward play. 1 comment I would make though was twice balls were played towards him and from the kop looked within a few feet of him and he stopped dead and made no effort to reach them. 

Other than that a very solid performance.

Edited by damianb1

13 minutes ago, damianb1 said:

Palmer had a good game last night, certainly looks like he's lost some timber around the middle and bulked up his upper body, some great tackles and good forward play. 1 comment I would make though was twice balls were played towards him and from the kop looked within a few feet of him and he stopped dead and made no effort to reach them. 

Other than that a very solid performance.

Think he was in an offside position when he just made no attempt to get the ball. It certainly looked that way from where I was in the Notth Stand.

Just now, Walt said:

Think he was in an offside position when he just made no attempt to get the ball. It certainly looked that way from where I was in the Notth Stand.

Ok thanks for that, couldn't see that from kop so that explains that one cheers.