Joao Injury?

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Where did this get announced? I try to keep up with team stuff on club social emdia etc - and I dont recall hearing he was injured from the Jos presscall - even the press were all expecting him to play on the morning of the game

Has it been confirmed what the injury is?

1 minute ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Where did this get announced? I try to keep up with team stuff on club social emdia etc - and I dont recall hearing he was injured from the Jos presscall - even the press were all expecting him to play on the morning of the game

Has it been confirmed what the injury is?

Radio interview

Groin injury

He trained all week then told Jos he couldn't play yesterday

Think he left with Nuhiu in the car or something someone said

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I'm very sceptical about this injury. I wonder if there is some loan interest that we are considering if Westwood is digging his heels in about leaving.

Thought  this too but would surprise me as if we are able to extend his contract, one of the few players with decent asset value.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Thought  this too but would surprise me as if we are able to extend his contract, one of the few players with decent asset value.

I think if under an embargo, we're not allowed to extend contracts. This is a real concern as Bannan, Joao and others are in the final year and they will probably leave for nothing. 

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

If that's true then whole thing is ridiculous .

Kick a man when he's down doesn't even come close..

I stand to be corrected mate but I believe that is the case. It's part of forcing a club to get the wage bill costs down. We're in for a few years of pain. Again 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Many injured players dont watch games

If I was manager Id make them

Guest Maxine

I just thought it was a groin injury.  I'm beginning to get paranoid myself reading this. some of you don't believe a word that is said. I'm wondering if you are like it in life generally or just regarding Sheffield Wednesday. :Chansiri:

28 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I'm very sceptical about this injury. I wonder if there is some loan interest that we are considering if Westwood is digging his heels in about leaving.

Would letting Joao go out on loan make that much difference financially? I doubt he is on the kind of wages that the likes of Westwood and more experienced players are on. 

Also, who do we think the prospective loan club might be? It's not like he has done anything consistently since coming back from a loan at relegated Blackburn 18 months ago to suggest he would be worth taking on loan by a club above our current standing in this country. Maybe a permanent move back to Portugal?

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

If I was manager Id make them

I'd go a step further. If they're out injured long term, they should do the corporate meet and greets, visit schools and SCH.

If I was in their shoes, I'd want to contribute something for the massive wage.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I just thought it was a groin injury.  I'm beginning to get paranoid myself reading this. some of you don't believe a word that is said. I'm wondering if you are like it in life generally or just regarding Sheffield Wednesday. :Chansiri:

Thats not true. I don't believe you.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Would letting Joao go out on loan make that much difference financially? I doubt he is on the kind of wages that the likes of Westwood and more experienced players are on. 

Also, who do we think the prospective loan club might be? It's not like he has done anything consistently since coming back from a loan at relegated Blackburn 18 months ago to suggest he would be worth taking on loan by a club above our current standing in this country. Maybe a permanent move back to Portugal?

Loan with a permanent transfer agreed?

Could be any Championship club then. Perish the thought - The Blunts? :Pelupessy: