Fletcher

1 hour ago, Owls2k said:

If you take his wages out of the equation Fletcher has been a very good signing and he has performed well. 

He looked decent when he came on today but his touch was off, he should have bagged a couple. 

I don't agree that Nuhiu was off it, him and FF caused them real issues in the last 15 mins of the second half.

Fair one, I just didn’t think he had his usual impact didn’t seem to put himself about as much but it was a pre season game I suppose 

Fletcher and Nuhiu with Fessi just behind ?  But to be fair I am a fan of what Joao brings with his pace if nowt else 

Fletcher is a miles better player than nuhiu. It’s why we bought him in the first place.

just needs to stay fit 

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Let's give them all a chance eh lads?

I know where you're coming from but we've got a box fresh squad to start a new season.

Something wonderful is going to happen.

Agreed. Think the players look alot fitter than last pre season so lets give them a chance. 

The worrying thing for me was when palmer went off injured. Dont think baker is quite ready to step up yet. Dont think hunt set the world alight, but thought after he left we might have brought someone in to take his place. 

Great OP.

Not sure why some of us feel the need to compare Fletcher with Nuhiu. Does anyone think we are going to get anywhere near 46-52 games out of either?

If we are going to play with a targetman leading the line, I would love to think these two stay healthy enough to see them share that role all season. We would be in very fine shape.

The first issue with Fletcher is whether he will still be here at the end of August.

If he stays fit for the next few weeks I can see one of the affluent Championship clubs, ie with parachute money looking to loan him. 

They will have a lot of players on his kind of money and more.

If somebody offers to we will let him go I presume because of our money issues.

10 hours ago, wilyfox said:

The only thing I don't like about Fletcher is his fitness record. His pedigree is there for all to see. Could be a bit more clinical, but the chances will keep coming for him because of how he plays. 

His ability to miss from almost the goal line is pretty special too 

The long and short of it we are in the poo financially and is manly down to players like Fletcher, sign for a free, but on £30,000 a week costing us £1.5m a season score only 3 goals last year costing £500,000 a goal.

Nuihu, I am one of his biggest critic but when given a chance played half fit and got fitter as the season went on. Paid a fraction of what Fletcher on scored 11 goals in 33 games.

With the financial mess we are in we simple cannot afford to carry players like fletcher. For if we can find anyone to take him then sell.

Joao and Nuihu with Fessi are out first choice strikers they deserved it. Fletcher if stays need to stay fit and score goals and prove he is worth all the money that to this point we have wasted on him.