Bundesliga 2 - it's not the Championship, is it?

23 minutes ago, bobness said:

Not when you consider the average takes this season into account, which currently stands at ~1.28 points per game. If the average increase to 1.83 thru next season the end of season points total will be a lot higher than you've calculated.

Last season we finish 4th with 84 points we still would have finished 4th which is the play offs, Cardiff currently have 85 points and are second so 84 points would be at best 3rd which is the play off.

17 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Who are you talking about, Wolves? 

They’re within FFP thank to 2 years previous where the posted profit.

They’ve not cheated at all

They haven't cheated ffp rules. There's something dodgy with that agent guy who says he wasn't part of their management group but actually he is.

Guest Ash76
16 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They haven't cheated ffp rules. There's something dodgy with that agent guy who says he wasn't part of their management group but actually he is.

How is he part of Wolves management? He sources players for them as he does for other clubs worldwide, as Doyen did for us. It’s not dodgy 

What you may be referring to is Wolves owners having shares in his agency but I don’t see what difference that makes? It’s sour grapes in my opinion

And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t particularly like Wolves and hates the manager  

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

so 46 games x 1.84 is not 84 points then please pray tell your much higher calculation 

For the sake of argument, if we take this season's average from 21 games (27 points), and want to achieve a total average of 1.83 across both season (67 games), it means next season we will have 95 points, not 84

season-average.PNG.0e7218f032b2a036bfcd4863e349e9e5.PNG

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

For the sake of argument, if we take this season's average from 21 games (27 points), and want to achieve a total average of 1.83 across both season (67 games), it means next season we will have 95 points, not 84

season-average.PNG.0e7218f032b2a036bfcd4863e349e9e5.PNG

The stats said he got 1.83 points a game in the bundeligue or am I on another thread.

I am confused if you get 27 points from 21 games with only 46 games in a season how do you get 95 points as in the UK we only play 46 games in a season so on the above we would get 46/21 x 27 = 59 points.

15 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

How is he part of Wolves management? He sources players for them as he does for other clubs worldwide, as Doyen did for us. It’s not dodgy 

What you may be referring to is Wolves owners having shares in his agency but I don’t see what difference that makes? It’s sour grapes in my opinion

And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t particularly like Wolves and hates the manager  

Its not so grapes as I couldn't care less and we wouldn't have won the league anyway.

Basically what happened was he lied about being a part of the takeover of the club, when he in fact was a part of the new ownership group. He has a conflict of interest in the club right now. He owns man of their stars and the club too. Be interesting to see how quickly Ruben Neves and the like disappear.

He also owns players on third-party ownership, which I would not be surprised to see happening at Wolves. But less said about all this the better, I'm, certain Mr Mendes is not the type of guy who accepts criticism lightly!

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

The stats said he got 1.83 points a game in the bundeligue or am I on another thread.

I am confused if you get 27 points from 21 games with only 46 games in a season how do you get 95 points as in the UK we only play 46 games in a season so on the above we would get 46/21 x 27 = 59 points.

Anyone else want to give this a shot?

lol

Just now, bobness said:

Anyone else want to give this a shot?

lol

Lets see if I can lol

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

To achieve an overall average of 1.83 at Wednesday, we'd need to add together his current record (1.29) and the hypothetical average from next season. By the end of next season he'll have managed 67 matches at Hillsborough.

67x1.83 (the overall average we desire) = 122.61 points. Using the example above, minus the 27 from this season off the 122.61. 

So 122.61-27=95.61 points. Divide that by the 46 games next season, means we have to achieve points at a rate of 2.08 per game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Lets see if I can lol

To achieve an overall average of 1.83 at Wednesday, we'd need to add together his current record (1.29) and the hypothetical average from next season. By the end of next season he'll have managed 67 matches at Hillsborough.

67x1.83 (the overall average we desire) = 122.61 points. Using the example above, minus the 27 from this season off the 122.61. 

So 122.61-27=95.61 points. Divide that by the 46 games next season, means we have to achieve points at a rate of 2.08 per game.

Couldn't have done it better myself!

lol

• Thanks 1

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Its not so grapes as I couldn't care less and we wouldn't have won the league anyway.

I meant generally, not you specifically 

Not sure where you get you’re other info from mind 

6 hours ago, room0035 said:

So over an 18 year managerial career he has managed 178 matches or in England thats about 3 full season and managed 1.83 points per game

Putting that into a championship season he would get 84 points in a season so just about make the play offs.

I would be interest to compare Jos stats with some one like Steve Bruce or Chris Houghton for the championship.

Steve Bruce averages 1.75 points per game in the Championship (over 216 games); Hughton averages 1.86 points per game (over 206 games).

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Who are you talking about, Wolves? 

They’re within FFP thank to 2 years previous where the posted profit.

They’ve not cheated at all

Their financial director admitted yesterday (The Sun) that they would have "failed" FFP big style if no promotion this season. They would have been embargoed next season.

Edited by ReluctantNicko

10 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I

Reading that and seeing that managers have come to this league with no experience and got clubs promoted, I’ve come to the conclusion that managers are responsible for about 20% of a clubs fate, the other 80% is down to the players and what they do on the pitch 

And the manager is responsible for at least 50% of that.

7 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Lets see if I can lol

thanx for that Raechel (wink)