Bundesliga 2 - it's not the Championship, is it?

Well, no it isn't. 

But King Jos is still the 3rd most successful manager in the history of Bundesliga 2.

And look who trails behind him in 6th place? He's not doing too bad for himself now, is he? He made the step up.

Jos is the man. Jos will take us up. I'm putting £100 on it.

5ad5b87ddb038_ScreenShot2018-04-17at10_00_14.thumb.png.e659f295e6e5fa61ab3029342cdf434a.png

• Like 1

I don't know much about betting

But I'll have a pop

If you put £100 on at 16-1

Pretty sure that means you will lose £100

Just kidding, I think he will take us up too, depending on how much leeway he gets with player recruitment this summer

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Strong teams coming down from the prem. It'll be a a difficult task to get into the top 6. Sadly, we'll never again be presented with the golden opportunity as in 2017. Beat Huddersfield and Reading to get promoted. FFS Carlos. 

7 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Strong teams coming down from the prem. It'll be a a difficult task to get into the top 6. Sadly, we'll never again be presented with the golden opportunity as in 2017. Beat Huddersfield and Reading to get promoted. FFS Carlos. 

I disagree - I think next year is a bigger opportunity.

I am more worried about Wolves, Fulham, Cardiff and Villa (3 of those will defos go up imo), than I am about Stoke, West Brom and Southampton.

I think next years league will be weaker.

Some good bargains in Germany who would cope with Championship football, as Huddersfield proved last season. If Jos stays, expect it is a market we would look at. Would also hope we use the loan market to better effect both here and in Europe.

People may say its weaker compared. Maybe so. But isnt that irrelevent? 

Doesn't that make it harder to get promoted? Isn't it relative to the situation that all the teams seem to be closer in standard meaning its hard to get promoted. The top of Bundesliga 2 at the moment are dusseldorf and they have lost nearly 1/3rs of the games. (9 losses in 30). Doesn't that show its tougher with the resources available to get the teams over the line? You can't just say its an easy league because it isnt the Championship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

I don't get why people say this. We finished behind Reading, and we would have finished behind Huddersfield as well if they hadn't been resting for the last month of the season. (And maybe if they hadn't had a man sent off in our home win against them in the regular season as well.) Nothing like the golden opportunity Brighton had against us, for example, when they lost after finishing 15 points clear of us. Also, Huddersfield, Brighton and Newcastle all look likely to stay up this season, so you can't say the three promoted sides look weak from that point of view. 

2 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Anybody thought that bundesliga 2 might actually be better than the championship???....Germany always does a lot better than England in every footballing competition 

Wonder how many have actually seen any games from that league

I don't think the standard in the championship is that great tbh 

22 minutes ago, Sova said:

I don't get why people say this. We finished behind Reading, and we would have finished behind Huddersfield as well if they hadn't been resting for the last month of the season. (And maybe if they hadn't had a man sent off in our home win against them in the regular season as well.) Nothing like the golden opportunity Brighton had against us, for example, when they lost after finishing 15 points clear of us. Also, Huddersfield, Brighton and Newcastle all look likely to stay up this season, so you can't say the three promoted sides look weak from that point of view. 

I watched both Reading and Huddersfield a load of times last season. Neither of them scared me.

We missed the boat.

2 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

Well, no it isn't. 

But King Jos is still the 3rd most successful manager in the history of Bundesliga 2.

And look who trails behind him in 6th place? He's not doing too bad for himself now, is he? He made the step up.

Jos is the man. Jos will take us up. I'm putting £100 on it.

5ad5b87ddb038_ScreenShot2018-04-17at10_00_14.thumb.png.e659f295e6e5fa61ab3029342cdf434a.png

So over an 18 year managerial career he has managed 178 matches or in England thats about 3 full season and managed 1.83 points per game

Putting that into a championship season he would get 84 points in a season so just about make the play offs.

I would be interest to compare Jos stats with some one like Steve Bruce or Chris Houghton for the championship.

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Regardless of the quality of opponents, we have to earn promotion...

The championship is one of toughest leagues in Europe and think it takes a realgood manager to do well. Bundesliga 2 is not a good standard if you watch games some are really poor. however it is about blending a group of players together to function as a unit and if you can doit with players available in this league possibel to do elsewhere. keyisnot where you have managed but to have had repeated success at different clubs. Hence why Paul Cook and Paul Hurst were ggod shouts for managers jobs as they have done well at more than one club.

Jos has shown he learns quickly as he was left with a right mess and he has moulded a team mainly out of those who had been discarded by previous incumbent and one which is showing unbelievable togetherness compared with how it was a few months ago. He has mended lots of fences but still a lot to do and unless we have influx of players next season will be difficult again.

A great thread by the OP!

I've always been fully behind Jos and got annoyed at some of the anti threads on here.

Those stats are better than they appear because Jos has managed more games over a longer time than the rest so to maintain that average is quite something.

I reckon our future is in good hands.

Lets say thank you for keeping us up Jos but you don't have the cv we need to get a team promoted from the championship to the premier league.

We then need to go and get Nigel Pearson, Steve Bruce or Gary Megson in. We need a ,manager with a proven track record of promotion from this league, one who improves the players he has, get them fit but can also build a team ethic and get rid of the dross that don't/can't play. 

• Haha 1