Have we got enough? The embargo thread

21 hours ago, room0035 said:

The limits are £39m over 3 years yr 1 £9.8m loss, yr2 £21m loss yr3 is going to be similar to yr2 we have broke FFP and will be under embargo.

DC unfortunately has been burying his head in the sand with FFP and it would appear too many have been believing it.

If we manage to stay out of FFP trouble this season we have the dilemma of what to do in the summer - because the £9.8m loss will drop out to be replaced by, at current levels, another £20m+ loss which would surely drag us into bother. 

I know the accounts didn't look too good but wasn't it said that £8M of the losses was down to things other than the football side and wouldn't be counted toward FFP. I reckon we will have between £8M and £10M to play with next season unless we sell some players.

56 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If we manage to stay out of FFP trouble this season we have the dilemma of what to do in the summer - because the £9.8m loss will drop out to be replaced by, at current levels, another £20m+ loss which would surely drag us into bother. 

thing is its based on last two season and the current season I was not expect a loss of £21m I though it would be the £15-18m sort of region, but this really puts us in the brown stuff as we have been on sky less this year, we have though had a few games in the cup on tv, I don't know how much more we have made from bringing the catering in house, the shirts etc but the amount of mistakes and errors made I don't think it will be a lot different than if we had left them where they were so we will be looking at £20m loss again.

So we break FFP for the start of next season,2018/19

Then this time next year we have a loss of £21m with say this a loss of £20m we would need to make a £2m profit to stay within FFP, if we are still carrying the big salaries we will break FFP again, if we have also continue DC policy of not selling players we could still post a loss of £10-15m so we continue under an embaro.

2019/20 - losses of £20m + losses of £15m cannot make losses of anymore than £4m - all these figures are estimate but you can see unless DC starts running the club properly we could be under transfer embargo for the next 2 to 3 season. You only have to look at what has happened to clubs like Blackburn, QPR, Coventry, Notts Forest of how they have gone backwards under the embargos and had to sell all of their best players and start again. All have done one thing though valued youth and given them a chance. We haven't and will probably let the best two young players we have had in a long time leave with the hope of a tribunal fee.

But look at it another way Sheff Utd have had a reported £20m bid for Brooks - think if we valued youth kept it developed it, in 18 months selling Hirst/Clare could sort the FFP issues for good. This is just my thoughts yours can and will probably differ

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/896442/Sheffield-United-News-David-Brooks-Everton-Liverpool-Tottenham-EFL-Championship 

13 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I know the accounts didn't look too good but wasn't it said that £8M of the losses was down to things other than the football side and wouldn't be counted toward FFP. I reckon we will have between £8M and £10M to play with next season unless we sell some players.

£8m of the cost were presumable down to running the club, the only things that don't count are infrastructure improvement like a new pitch, stand, training ground. I don't think any of this has happened unless the club have spent millions getting the stadium up to scratch for SAG, but I seem to remember in one of the meeting DC saying no money would be spent on the stadium.

34 minutes ago, room0035 said:

£8m of the cost were presumable down to running the club, the only things that don't count are infrastructure improvement like a new pitch, stand, training ground. I don't think any of this has happened unless the club have spent millions getting the stadium up to scratch for SAG, but I seem to remember in one of the meeting DC saying no money would be spent on the stadium.

So,if £8 million or however millions can be adjusted from the announced losses this season,then surely using your method of maths,we aren't at total losses of £30 million for the two seasons ?

53 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I can't remember wher I read it but the assumption made was that £8M would be down to other than running costs.

7 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

So,if £8 million or however millions can be adjusted from the announced losses this season,then surely using your method of maths,we aren't at total losses of £30 million for the two seasons ?

I don't think there is anything that can be adjusted i though you could only remove infrastructure improvements and I don't think we have had any. 

But you could claim for the new pitch and scoreboard in previous years but this would be a few million max, we still need to be no more than £10m loss this year. I hope we are but I cannot see a revenue stream that would have caused this, and we did not get rid of many players last year have got Boyd, Pelupessy, Van Aken this season and paid £4m for van Aken so would expect this years acccounts to be similar to lasts. 

3 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I can't remember wher I read it but the assumption made was that £8M would be down to other than running costs.

If you can find anything it would be interesting but - if this is the running costs for a stadium, training ground etc it is all included in the running of the club and is included for FFP. I only know of expenditure on training facilities and improving the clubs infrastructure that is allowable for FFP, like hiring 10 new coaches to train the youth team, or new training pitches.

Anything of note and expense would be capitalised to the fixed assets anyway I would expect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't think there is anything that can be adjusted i though you could only remove infrastructure improvements and I don't think we have had any. 

But you could claim for the new pitch and scoreboard in previous years but this would be a few million max, we still need to be no more than £10m loss this year. I hope we are but I cannot see a revenue stream that would have caused this, and we did not get rid of many players last year have got Boyd, Pelupessy, Van Aken this season and paid £4m for van Aken so would expect this years acccounts to be similar to lasts. 

just found this.....

Clubs are permitted to exclude some expenditure (Youth development spend, Charitable Community spend, and Women’s Football spend). For a Championship cub this rarely exceeds £500k per season (and is usually less).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Whys that then ?

Because it’s a comically bad waste of wages (possibly with a large sign-on fee and agent’s fee that you would expect an ex-Premier League striker to command).  This was on a player in the autumn of his career.  Fletcher was arguably signed as an upgrade on Nuhiu, which he probably was at the time.  But was that really what we needed?

We already had 5 first team forwards at the club.  Fletcher made it 6, then we signed Winnall and Rhodes in the next transfer window.  Two years later, all those players are still here.  No wonder why our accounts show an unsustainable level of losses.

Perhaps a one or two year contract would have been a bit more prudent of the club.  Fletcher is contracted to be here until 2020.  He’s an alright player.  But it’s not like he’s going to improve with age now is it?

Meanwhile we have neglected making signings in other areas of the squad.  The result - the club have really overspent beyond it’s means.  And yet, we have a squad of talented players that, barring the odd exception, lack the required pace, strength, mobility and fitness to challenge for a top 2 finish in this division.

Depends how we wheel and deal in the summer... if we can manage to get some big players out for money or wages then yes.. we are only a few players off as we have been for 2 year...

But those players cost big money in the most part so we have to do some proper recruiting!! As in looking for good players under the radar, loans or swap deals.

Wages of our players will make it tough tho !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Because it’s a comically bad waste of wages (possibly with a large sign-on fee and agent’s fee that you would expect an ex-Premier League striker to command).  This was on a player in the autumn of his career.  Fletcher was arguably signed as an upgrade on Nuhiu, which he probably was at the time.  But was that really what we needed?

We already had 5 first team forwards at the club.  Fletcher made it 6, then we signed Winnall and Rhodes in the next transfer window.  Two years later, all those players are still here.  No wonder why our accounts show an unsustainable level of losses.

Perhaps a one or two year contract would have been a bit more prudent of the club.  Fletcher is contracted to be here until 2020.  He’s an alright player.  But it’s not like he’s going to improve with age now is it?

Meanwhile we have neglected making signings in other areas of the squad.  The result - the club have really overspent beyond it’s means.  And yet, we have a squad of talented players that, barring the odd exception, lack the required pace, strength, mobility and fitness to challenge for a top 2 finish in this division.

Shame ya didn't pop your head above the parapet when he signed,can't be doing with this fakery with regards to fletcher.