Jones and Butterfield

1 minute ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Jones played well last night and the ball through for our goal was superb. 

I think some attackers are afraid of his ears. 

Butterfield is tug. In fact double tug. 

Agree he did ok but tbh the through ball was quite badly overhit and curving away from the goal - Joao did incredibly well to bring it under control IMO. Still, it was a very positive ball, and for that we do indeed have to be grateful.

I thought Jones did quite well last night and broke up Ipswich's play quite a few times.  He is very limited from an attacking point of view though.  Butterfield - it's hard to believe that he was getting rave reviews when at Barnsley a few seasons ago and had a few decent games for Derby, initially.  Now he looks like he can't run, can't tackle, can't pass, can't shoot.  What else is there that a professional footballer needs?

We certainly need Bannan back as soon as possible, although I would use Hutchinson at Centre Back in place of Loovens, should he be fit.

6 hours ago, DielnaFromDistance said:

Worst I’ve seen in any team at any level this season. 

No courage or application to either be on the ball or win the ball back - the core requirement of a central midfielder, in the supposed “engine room”. Jaw dropping and embarrassing considering the level they have played at throughout their careers - and the opposition last night.

Manager Dave Jones once said that he had dropped Prutton because “all he does is kind of help the ball on”. I’d have took Prutton in there for either of them last night. 

Unforgettable and certainly unforgivable 

I agree, and that includes my lad's U11s team and all the other teams they've played this season.

Our results last season with Jones in CM were excellent. Better in fact than with Hutch their. As part of a very good team, and alongside a good partner, he was successful. As an example he played in the first 4 games of our six win run.

But right now Jones has no Bannan by his side, and inevitably our midfield is all the weaker for that. But Jones himself is still a good player, and was one of the better guys last night.

Butters is just plain poor. He even looked poor more often than not when Bannan or Lee were fit! 

9 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Players available right now Jones is our best option in central midfield. 

By far.

When people post “xyz should never wear the shirt again” they miss the fact that x y or z’s available fit replacement is worse!

Edited by Holmowl

9 hours ago, neo hippy said:

Jones and Loovens have an excuse, age creeps up on you and they just don't have it anymore.

I've just looked and Buttercup is only 27! That reeks of just not being bothered anymore. No wonder Derby were happy to let him go

Hmm maybe another Luis McGugan springs to mind. Lazy and lacks application, but does show glimpses every now and then there's a quality player in their if he can be bothered. 

Maybe he just needs the right manager and environment just as LM did under Sg. 

Edited by shezzas left peg