Bobby Reid

Yeah....come here............the team that has a young England International.....scoring for fun......Premier bid of several million......we banish him for 7 months.....now pressure him into being a potential saviour .......we know how to look after players......C'mon Bobby the doors open

2 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

The bright lights of the prem will be all over him.

You would have thought so Greengrass. 

Last year, when he was playing in midfield, I thought he would end up in L1 at best and would have not been surprised to see him leave but moving him up front has been a masterstroke, a totally different player! 

He's gonna cost someone a lot of money!

23 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Probably sign Peter Reid

Cheer up Peter Reid. 

One of my favourite footie songs.

5 minutes ago, ciderup said:

You would have thought so Greengrass. 

Last year, when he was playing in midfield, I thought he would end up in L1 at best and would have not been surprised to see him leave but moving him up front has been a masterstroke, a totally different player! 

He's gonna cost someone a lot of money!

How much would you expect to get for him ?

Is he the type of player that "money talks" or is he a loyal servant ?

Just now, Greengrass said:

How much would you expect to get for him ?

Is he the type of player that "money talks" or is he a loyal servant ?

I haven't really got a clue on the first one Greengrass, £20M? I really don't know. As for the second one, he's been with us since he was very young and we're his hometown club. I would guess he would want decent money from us to sign a deal but he's quite a quiet, family oriented character so I wouldn't think he would have the club over. We need to make him a reasonable contract offer (I should think we're talking) with some kind of assurance that we won't hold him back if a big offer comes in and see what transpires. We've got our other top players signed up to new deals AFAIK and it's just Bobby left to sort out. 

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I haven't really got a clue on the first one Greengrass, £20M? I really don't know. As for the second one, he's been with us since he was very young and we're his hometown club. I would guess he would want decent money from us to sign a deal but he's quite a quiet, family oriented character so I wouldn't think he would have the club over. We need to make him a reasonable contract offer (I should think we're talking) with some kind of assurance that we won't hold him back if a big offer comes in and see what transpires. We've got our other top players signed up to new deals AFAIK and it's just Bobby left to sort out. 

With all due respect mate, if he had 5 years left on his contract he wouldn’t be worth £20M. Think it will be around £10/11M personally. 

Lookman went for around 8m + addons. Can't see anyone paying 20m for Reid yet. Its a lot of money for a Championship player when most Premier League teams will just look abroad for better value. Depending on how the home grown rule gets enforced/changed/ stays the same that could all change.

1 hour ago, lancashireowl said:

With all due respect mate, if he had 5 years left on his contract he wouldn’t be worth £20M. Think it will be around £10/11M personally. 

No worries at all. as I said, I haven't got the foggiest TBH, it was a total guess. I'm sure you're right.