Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Decent stats, young, out of contract in the summer............potential target? Although he may get a nosebleed coming this far north :tango:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jos' Philtrum said:

Decent stats, young, out of contract in the summer............potential target? Although he may get a nosebleed coming this far north :tango:

 

We'd break him...

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why on earth would he come here ? 

 

 

These 'could he do a job' threads are getting out of hand again.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I’d rather play for Bristol City than SWFC at the moment, Can’t see us signing many decent players this summer with the state the club is in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SIgning the out of contract George Hirst would be a lot cheaper

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prem teams will be all over him. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah....come here............the team that has a young England International.....scoring for fun......Premier bid of several million......we banish him for 7 months.....now pressure him into being a potential saviour .......we know how to look after players......C'mon Bobby the doors open

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jos' Philtrum said:

Decent stats, young, out of contract in the summer............potential target? Although he may get a nosebleed coming this far north :tango:

He might be in premier league n summer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bobby is NOT out of contract, we give all our players a further years' option. If he doesn't sign a deal in the summer I'm sure he'll be off, he my be anyway, but not on a free transfer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

The bright lights of the prem will be all over him.

 

You would have thought so Greengrass. 

Last year, when he was playing in midfield, I thought he would end up in L1 at best and would have not been surprised to see him leave but moving him up front has been a masterstroke, a totally different player! 

He's gonna cost someone a lot of money!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Probably sign Peter Reid

 

Cheer up Peter Reid. 

 

One of my favourite footie songs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ciderup said:

 

You would have thought so Greengrass. 

Last year, when he was playing in midfield, I thought he would end up in L1 at best and would have not been surprised to see him leave but moving him up front has been a masterstroke, a totally different player! 

He's gonna cost someone a lot of money!

 

How much would you expect to get for him ?

 

Is he the type of player that "money talks" or is he a loyal servant ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greengrass said:

 

How much would you expect to get for him ?

 

Is he the type of player that "money talks" or is he a loyal servant ?

 

I haven't really got a clue on the first one Greengrass, £20M? I really don't know. As for the second one, he's been with us since he was very young and we're his hometown club. I would guess he would want decent money from us to sign a deal but he's quite a quiet, family oriented character so I wouldn't think he would have the club over. We need to make him a reasonable contract offer (I should think we're talking) with some kind of assurance that we won't hold him back if a big offer comes in and see what transpires. We've got our other top players signed up to new deals AFAIK and it's just Bobby left to sort out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

 

I haven't really got a clue on the first one Greengrass, £20M? I really don't know. As for the second one, he's been with us since he was very young and we're his hometown club. I would guess he would want decent money from us to sign a deal but he's quite a quiet, family oriented character so I wouldn't think he would have the club over. We need to make him a reasonable contract offer (I should think we're talking) with some kind of assurance that we won't hold him back if a big offer comes in and see what transpires. We've got our other top players signed up to new deals AFAIK and it's just Bobby left to sort out. 

With all due respect mate, if he had 5 years left on his contract he wouldn’t be worth £20M. Think it will be around £10/11M personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lookman went for around 8m + addons. Can't see anyone paying 20m for Reid yet. Its a lot of money for a Championship player when most Premier League teams will just look abroad for better value. Depending on how the home grown rule gets enforced/changed/ stays the same that could all change.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lancashireowl said:

With all due respect mate, if he had 5 years left on his contract he wouldn’t be worth £20M. Think it will be around £10/11M personally. 

 

No worries at all. as I said, I haven't got the foggiest TBH, it was a total guess. I'm sure you're right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£10m for an older Jordan Hugill. 

 

In this market Reid is worth £10m easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...