pay on dayers

54 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Bill Shankly maybe wouldn’t agree with you about taking it too seriously.

”People say football is not life or death, it’s much more serious than that”. 

:rolleyes:

Ps have quoted that from memory so probably not word for word.

it was bill shankly's way of life, in a time and place where football only played second fiddle to religion, and whilst getting one up on your neighbours is always preferable, we (at least the more educated amongst us) now know better, and in fact as we both know, bill said it tongue in cheek (well hopefully ha did).

On 11/02/2018 at 10:00, axolotl said:

I'm a pay on the dayer, and although I've been to many this season, I probably won't be going to many more for the remainder. I live in Coventry, have three young kids, and work shifts which means when I have been I've had to book annual leave to make it. 

Not particularly fussed if this makes me a Fairweather or not a TrueFan, but the expense, traveling, having to make arrangements with work, and barely seeing the kids on those days is a trade-off that I'm struggling to justify at the minute.

how the hell do you do it in the first place?

well done anyway.

On 12/02/2018 at 17:15, asteener1867 said:

The mark of a fan  is tipping up when you can mate, and when you can afford it....The pricing in the POTG is ludicrous, but some will still hit you over the head with the "Trufan" stick....

The club will preach loyalty and patience every f.ookin' year as things go t *ts..and some fans will preach the "I'm going out of sheer loyalty ..I don't really want to"....fookwhittery"

I go cos I enjoy the sheer bloody dogs breakfast...When I stop enjoying...I'll stop goin'...no apologies no excuses...When I'm priced out...I'll do what you are doing.

Its harder at the minute cos you can't see where the points are gonna come from....and to be fair, the POTG prices they charge....with half the f.ookin' first team missing, is daft.

but, they rely on us being daft...and we are f.ookin' daft...Wednesday fans always have been....

You have obviously put the time in...don't f.ookin' apologise for stuff you have no control over, and never look at yourself as a "fair weather fan"...

There are Owls fans who won't be happy until they are the only f.ooker in the ground shoutin' "Look at me!!!"

even though half the first team squad look as though they are laid up, they still have to be paid, i do think football clubs would be much healthier if they paid far less in wages, backed up by appearance and results bonus.

3 hours ago, dnhc said:

'IF' are we paying the likes of him that much?

He was a big purchase, 4m+. Supposed to be better than FF. 

Really doubt he's on less than 30k. The fact he hasn't cobtributed is sickening. He could have been the difference against Hudders in the play off semi

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

He was a big purchase, 4m+. Supposed to be better than FF. 

Really doubt he's on less than 30k. The fact he hasn't cobtributed is sickening. He could have been the difference against Hudders in the play off semi

i hope not too many are 'chucked' closed season, and jos can have the opportunity of developing all our players into an outfit, but the clock may have been ticking a while for a few.

on the abdi front, how many games has he payed, how long out injured?, i seem to remember us having to give a transfer fee back to qpr over vic mobley's fitness and injury situation.

POTG’ers are almost as bad as season ticket holders in my books. I mean at least a season ticket holder fronts up the measly amount of money it takes to watch an entire season’s worth of delightful football for low low prices but POTG’ers only go to maybe one or two matches a season (more often that not the big games). Neither are true fans in my eyes they are both parasites to the club the only truefans are those that stumped up the cash to buy the club. The rest of you are all freeloaders get your own club you freeloaders!

i would imagine a lot of potg'ers are like myself, they live over an hours drive away from the ground and/or have to work a lot of Saturdays.  If I break the speed limit by 20mph or so and get only light traffic, i can just about make 7.45 kick offs after work. Having some points on my licence already its just not worth attempting the latter, so its half a dozen home games, the same number of away games plus Hull City away (ten mins from home).