pay on dayers

14 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I wouldn't go if it was free next satday..just don't want to see cc with his fake hair and same coat on in our stadium

I bet he wears his flowery scarf thing too.

He was throwing meat in the bbq on MOTD last night as well.  

Fraudyfringeyfucker.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I bet he wears his flowery scarf thing too.

He was throwing meat in the bbq on MOTD last night as well.  

Fraudyfringeyfucker.

FraudyCringeyfucker more like and they press are hanging on his every word instead of recognising him for the gobshite that made Eric Cantona sound reasonable.

Edited by The Dukeries Owl

41 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I wouldn't go if it was free next satday..just don't want to see cc with his fake hair and same coat on in our stadium

So there’s no chance of you singing that old classic , you’ve only come to see the Carlos , then Am I right in thinking you don’t like the bloke ? 

14 hours ago, james o connor said:

The fact the club dares ask 39 quid for this tripe. They should be paying us 

Sadly , they have already had my money, so not much i can do about it, but im coming to the end of my three year ST ,and unless there is a dramatic reduction in ST prices , i wont be renewing 

Football fans in general are exploited because of their relationship with their clubs. Wednesday are not unique in this but I believe we’re an extreme example ATM.

Football clubs rely on the fact that supporters will  turn up and pay whatever is demanded come what may because it’s in our blood and often our heritage. We feel passionately connected to our clubs in a totally different way to “customers” of other service providers. We can’t and won’t change brands when we are dissatisfied. 

No one would pay c.£100 to take 2 kids to  the cinema to watch a movie sat on crap seats in the freezing cold with a pillar in the way, where the plot was completely different to the one advertised, played by actors who couldn’t remember their lines  filmed by a cameraman who couldn’t keep things in focus.

This is the equivalent of what Wednesday are doing to us at the moment. But the club doesn’t care and we still go.

Ay, there’s the rub

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Sadly , they have already had my money, so not much i can do about it, but im coming to the end of my three year ST ,and unless there is a dramatic reduction in ST prices , i wont be renewing 

If you bought a 3 year one you’ve still got a year left 

• Haha 1

Justification is not required for not going when it’s cheaper either . 

Lets be honest it’s not good . It’s not an enjoyable way to spend your hard earned spare time 

I know I’ll probably get one of the usual idiots on here pulling me to bits with classics like ‘you don’t go to be entertained’ Or ‘it’s stupid to expect to win’ . Whilst I’d never expect to win , I do at least expect something resembling entertainment . Watching Wednesday currently is boring , depressing and shockingly bad value for money even at 20 quid 

We're moving house all being well and that's me done season ticket wise. Which in all honesty might lead to me not even being a POTG customer as I can't justify 40 a game, and a membership just seems a further expensive exploitation with little reward.

It felt different when the club was on its knees and REALLY needed every penny. As a "supporter" it was my duty to help keep  the club turning over. Now days player earn more a week than my household combined, and the chairman's family combined wealth is probably more than the Kops.

Whilst money is an issue, time also is for me. I don't mind missing a couple of hours on a Saturday (living local to the stadium) but no way am I giving up half a day (when I move for)  another season like this. 

The danger the club is in now is never appealing to POTG fans ever again with their ludicrous (but when times are good and you finish on a high works) season ticket policy. 

Time for swfc to become customer focused after such a disaster of what should have been a memorable anniversary season.

Edited by modboy

I'm a Wednesday fan 

I've got a membership card

I can afford it at the moment

I will be going 

I dont judge the prices based on entertainment offered or the team being picked, because if I did there would be a backdated claim going in for about 25 years worth during my 40 years on this planet 

8 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

I'm a Wednesday fan 

I've got a membership card

I can afford it at the moment

I will be going 

I dont judge the prices based on entertainment offered or the team being picked, because if I did there would be a backdated claim going in for about 25 years worth during my 40 years on this planet 

I have a backdated claim for the last 50 odd years...PPI ain't got nothing on this lol 

• Haha 1

The thing to bear in mind is that, whether we are playing Barcelona  or Fleetwood Town, the cost of running the stadium is the same.. Youmay want to pay a little more for policing, but the administrative costs, the ground preparation, the ground upkeep   and many other little things we take for granted have still to be provided. The fact that the team is not playing well makes no difference to the cost of putting on the game. And NO, this is not trying to explain the high prices set originally. I like the occasional day at the races, and before I go, I budget to spend £X . This will include the cost of having a bet on al races. That figure I equate to having a night at the theatre, pictures whatever, and I expect to 'lose' that money. If I have a winner , I come away thinking that I have won not lost. We are playing crap at the moment, and one of the big arguments is that we have not spent any money on players in the Transfer Window. Who would have to pay for these players? It's like the old adage, the Government (whatever colour) should put money in. It is a known fact that NO government has any money other than what it takes out of your and my pocket.

Incidentally, I have a 3-year Season Ticket, albeit Concessionary since I'm retired, and have only been able to attend 3 or maybe 4 matches this season. mainly because of health, but next time I'm able and circumstances allow, I'll travel and see the match. 

Edited by Buxtongent
punctuation.