pay on dayers

7 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

Derby £28 members £33non members 

Villa £29 members £39 nonmembers 

Is any bought/buying any of these tickets

And why? surely money would could go on something better

#notatruefan

have to agree, it's up to each and every individual to weigh up what he/she can afford and act accordingly, the quality of football served up this season has been way short of £40's worth for me, but then it has for a while.

i can't remember the game last season, but having paid £42 to get in with 22 minutes of pure purgatory having slowly dragged itself past i was thinking if there'd be a gate open to get out, and if i could get the car out of the car park.

football needs to have a good look at itself, the capital injection from sky has fuelled an imbalance that is totally unhealthy in comparison to what we had 40 years ago, when a side could come out of the second division and challenge for the title the following year.

2 hours ago, WBridgfordowl said:

Or, maybe fans with young families and responsibilities meaning they can’t attend every game.

Or maybe they life away from Sheffield etc etc?

£40 a throw makes you 'consider' other things, i could half fill the petrol tank on the car for that.

11 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I wouldn't pay it and looking at the attendance yesterday neither would many Barnsley fans.....there London prices in one of the poorest of areas.

we are in competition with london and southern teams (although the big bucks are being spent in manchester in the premier), having read what you've posted though, do you think a return to the days of regional (third north/south) divisions outside the premier, or premier and championship could have to be considered in the end?

I'm a pay on the dayer, and although I've been to many this season, I probably won't be going to many more for the remainder. I live in Coventry, have three young kids, and work shifts which means when I have been I've had to book annual leave to make it. 

Not particularly fussed if this makes me a Fairweather or not a TrueFan, but the expense, traveling, having to make arrangements with work, and barely seeing the kids on those days is a trade-off that I'm struggling to justify at the minute.

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

we are in competition with london and southern teams (although the big bucks are being spent in manchester in the premier), having read what you've posted though, do you think a return to the days of regional (third north/south) divisions outside the premier, or premier and championship could have to be considered in the end?

we do have a lot of professional clubs for a smallish country but attendances at all 5 levels seem to be holding firm so probably my answer would be no ........

8 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

#notatruefan

How come for a member to watch derby it's 28 pounds and an extra 5 pounds for non members...

But to watch villa as a member it's 29 pounds but an extra 10 pounds for a non member. 

Where is the logic in that...

1 minute ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

How come for a member to watch derby it's 28 pounds and an extra 5 pounds for non members...

But to watch villa as a member it's 29 pounds but an extra 10 pounds for a non member. 

he knows villa will sell out the allocation so he can sting them. 

I think we Shud av a gold silver bronze like other clubs.  

South stand....

£45 blades and Leeds to rip their fans off.

£35 Villa forest derby wolves Barnsley hull etc

£25 reading Burton Brentford qpr etc.

Drop £5 for north and £10/5 for kop(min £20).  

However swans prices are fair, but folk will still not turn up.   Presume they'll say they aren't going while Carlos is at Hillsborough. 

Might be our only sight of a Prem lge team for a few years.  

8 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

It can't be..it's always a fiver more for none members..think the op must be wrong

3 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

It can't be..it's always a fiver more for none members..think the op must be wrong

Membership normally gives you a fiver off, but its a tenner off for selected games.  Villa was a tenner off last season as well.   Confusing to many.  

8 hours ago, welsOwl74 said:

#notatruefan

Last season I paid £49 to sit on my own in the South stand for the Villa game

Even though it a on TV and I'd already paid upwards of £500 to get to Sheffield

Sometimes it's just in your blood