Walked out

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Teething problems? I think it might be best to extract every tooth, prescribe a course of anti-biotics and measure up for dentures. When Chansiri took over we had an mediocre squad that was mid table and finished 13th on 60 points. After many millions spent we would ****** that now. The guy has screwed a great opportunity.

Wow, have you forgot play offs last 2years. He was the one that gave us the great opportunity, without his money that would never have happened. Also in your previous posts you go on about players, how many of those big name players did you not want? 

While things are garbage at the moment we need to calm down or risk losing someone who has pumped millions of his own money into our club (not like Richards who borrowed all he spent and left us with crippling debts). Nothing is ever guaranteed in football no matter what is spent. We are fans and should get behind the team in tough times. 

Ask yourself this question honestly, do we stand a better chance of getting promotion with or without him. 

By the way I was in the Riverside at half time before anyone calls me a happy clapper. 

Just my humble opinion 

On 03/02/2018 at 17:28, Wednesday Fan said:

Have to agree somewhat. Shocking display first half. I also felt like leaving at half time but that’s the defeatist attitude that wins nothing. Things will improve once the injury toll is reduced and we’ll be ok. KEEP THE FAITH!!

Up the Owls

What gives you that much confidence?

The stronger 11that  was embarrassed by United plus they lost twice when Bolton and Birmingham were at the bottom , the no show at Preston , the meagre point at Burton or the other one against Sunderland ?

I really do have my doubts about our squad as a whole, mainly their lack of fighting qualities along with an ageing lacklustre bunch of overatted players 

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

And you're loving the fact it's turned to sh.it aren't you, never understood that attitude, seems prevailant on here for some bizarre reason.

We need at least 16 points to stay up !

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

What gives you that much confidence?

The stronger 11that  was embarrassed by United plus they lost twice when Bolton and Birmingham were at the bottom , the no show at Preston , the meagre point at Burton or the other one against Sunderland ?

I really do have my doubts about our squad as a whole, mainly their lack of fighting qualities along with an ageing lacklustre bunch of overatted players 

cant argue with that, its fact

53 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Wow, have you forgot play offs last 2years. He was the one that gave us the great opportunity, without his money that would never have happened. Also in your previous posts you go on about players, how many of those big name players did you not want? 

While things are garbage at the moment we need to calm down or risk losing someone who has pumped millions of his own money into our club (not like Richards who borrowed all he spent and left us with crippling debts). Nothing is ever guaranteed in football no matter what is spent. We are fans and should get behind the team in tough times. 

Ask yourself this question honestly, do we stand a better chance of getting promotion with or without him. 

By the way I was in the Riverside at half time before anyone calls me a happy clapper. 

Just my humble opinion 

How could we forget our inept play off performances? How many millions have the fans pumped in with those sky high admission fees? Out of the players brought in the only one who I was excited about was Forestieri. The rest have been a but meh and performances merit that. Even the Rhodes signing I was wondering where the supply was coming from but we are worse off from a football point of view than before he took over. He persevered with a head coach that didn't improve one player and as for promotion do you honestly see that happening as we go from one bad decision to another?

13 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

(Teething problems? I think it might be best to extract every tooth, prescribe a course of anti-biotics and measure up for dentures. When Chansiri took over we had an mediocre squad that was mid table and finished 13th on 60 points. After many millions spent we would ****** that now. The guy has screwed a great opportunity.

you could say the same about most clubs Liverpool, spurs ,the arse  at the top end and lower down the scale , stoke,west brom , Newcastle ,derby,leeds,forest the list is endless) have all spent a fortune in the same period without any significant improvement  , the list is endless .....just because you splash out some cash it's no guarantee that you are going to be successful.he got close to achieving his aims ,failed and now as to strat agin to start again . 

Guest Willow Owl
On 05/02/2018 at 21:35, Ronnie Starling said:

How could we forget our inept play off performances? How many millions have the fans pumped in with those sky high admission fees? Out of the players brought in the only one who I was excited about was Forestieri. The rest have been a but meh and performances merit that. Even the Rhodes signing I was wondering where the supply was coming from but we are worse off from a football point of view than before he took over. He persevered with a head coach that didn't improve one player and as for promotion do you honestly see that happening as we go from one bad decision to another?

Fans have pumped in no where near as much as DC for one (even though I agree prices for match day are too high). Sorry but I don't buy that I was only interested in Foresteri bit, we were all happy for DC to spend his own money backing Carlos ( Rightly or wrongly ) 

In some cases. Nobody could have foreseen the current injury crisis and the way Carlos lost the plot. Putting it into perspective Gary Madine 6 million!!! 

DC Gambled on getting promoted,  it hasn't paid off so we start again. 

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but FFS let's reel our necks in a bit. 

As the saying goes don't bite the hand that feeds you. 

Also and probably the most important, what is the alternative?? 

23 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you could say the same about most clubs Liverpool, spurs ,the arse  at the top end and lower down the scale , stoke,west brom , Newcastle ,derby,leeds,forest the list is endless) have all spent a fortune in the same period without any significant improvement  , the list is endless .....just because you splash out some cash it's no guarantee that you are going to be successful.he got close to achieving his aims ,failed and now as to strat agin to start again . 

The money we have spent has been wasted big time. As I keep posting time after time key weak areas have not been addressed since the play off final. Instead we have spent money in areas that didnt require it or on signings that were no better than what we had. The prime example being the home play off leg against Huddersfield with just one different player from the play off final line up despite bringing in many new signings. Where was the strong commanding centre half, or the physical midfielder, the pace out wide, the quality left back? None of these areas have been addressed. The transfer fee counts for nothing as we could have brought in free transfers that are a mainstay in the team and likewise a multi million pound player that warrants a starting position every game. Instead we have an average squad and it seems the cash streams are drying up.

14 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

Fans have pumped in no where near as much as DC for one (even though I agree prices for match day are too high). Sorry but I don't buy that I was only interested in Foresteri bit, we were all happy for DC to spend his own money backing Carlos ( Rightly or wrongly ) 

In some cases. Nobody could have foreseen the current injury crisis and the way Carlos lost the plot. Putting it into perspective Gary Madine 6 million!!! 

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but FFS let's reel our necks in a bit. 

As the saying goes don't bite the hand that feeds you. 

Also and probably the most important, what is the alternative?? 

Well lets see how much money Chansiri pumps in this season then. But we come back to the old lets reel our necks in and we should be more patient. Well its getting on for nearly 20 years since we were in the top flight so how much more patient should we be? Another 5, 10, 15, 20 years? But biting the hand that feeds you works both ways doesn't it?

12 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Lots of teams have a sh.itter of a season following relatively successful ones, now go and pick your dummy up,  pour yourself half a glass of Prosecco, light some scented candles, throw an Ed Sheeran album on the turntable and think about whether those avocado bolster cushions go with the new rug you’ve just bought.  Football’s too complicated for you poppet.

There you go again trying to resort some sort off childish personal attack instead of debating the topic.

Guest Willow Owl
On 06/02/2018 at 09:32, Ronnie Starling said:

Well lets see how much money Chansiri pumps in this season then. But we come back to the old lets reel our necks in and we should be more patient. Well its getting on for nearly 20 years since we were in the top flight so how much more patient should we be? Another 5, 10, 15, 20 years? But biting the hand that feeds you works both ways doesn't it?

You already know we are close to FFP limits so will not be able to spend big in the summer. This should tell you he has given it a go by pumping in millions of his own money. It hasn't worked so we rebuild and go again. Nobody has a divine right to promotion and while ever we are up against teams with parachute payments it will be extremely difficult. 

Like I asked you earlier, what is the alternative?? 

I don't see that chansiri as done much wrong  on the playing front ,he wanted the prem in two seasons went for it and very nearly pulled it off that he didn't was his misfortune and now he's paying the price for it .it's easy to say he should have done this and he should have done that when the gamble of buying ageing players  failed but if he'd have gone for it in another way who's to say we'd have been any more successful ......like I say he gambled and it didn't quite come off . i'd like to think he'll stick around and try again probably with a different strategy on buying players and slowly build a younger team that can achieve success in 2 or 3 years time .

6 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

You want out of being a Wednesday fan, you’re flouncing, not debating anything with snowflakes such as you, now toughen up, get in the real world, then you can talk to the adults, until then, enjoy your knitting!

Where have I said I wanted out of being a Wednesday fan? However you highlight you can't debate with anyone on here that has different opinion on things. Not very adult is it? "snowflake"

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Wolves have gambled on getting promotion, what DC has spent is small fry in comparison 

23 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

You want out of being a Wednesday fan, you’re flouncing, not debating anything with snowflakes such as you, now toughen up, get in the real world, then you can talk to the adults, until then, enjoy your knitting!

Grow up !

Guest Willow Owl
On 06/02/2018 at 10:17, Watto said:

Wolves have gambled on getting promotion, what DC has spent is small fry in comparison 

How do you work that out. They are FFP like us. 

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

And they’ve bust FFP like you’ve never known!!

When they reach the premier they'll not give two hoots about ffp , they'll take their fine and away they go with and if they fail will have parachute payments to keep them afloat for another 3 years !

They've gone about it like we should have done, got the right people in to recruit the right players etc etc