Walked out

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

If some gimp can’t handle a sh.it season, they deserve taking the pi.ss out of in my opinion!

Are you OK though son?  if you want to talk, I’m right here, stay posive JOC, stay positive fella!

Are you ok Finlux ? It just seems you are quite angry ,  we are on here for the same reason , Sheffield Wednesday and our love / like of our club , I’m not having a go I just want us all to get on , we all want the same at the end of the day mate .

Edited by dewsburyowl58

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

It’s been far far far worse than this in recent years, we’ve become a spoilt brat fanbase, we can’t appreciate just how far we’ve come, the chairman has experienced teething problems but to tell him we’ve had enough and it’s tome to go???

Its embarrassing!

Teething problems:picnic: lolgarymegsonIve heard it all now and we are more or less where we were when Mr Chansiri bought us.

Is all this anger and frustration down to the fact we all thought we were going up and now we know it’s not happening ?  . We have been in far worse states than this  though . We know it’s gone pear shaped and so does DC , lets see how he deals with this big setback first I reckon .

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:14, Bronco Blue said:

I feel for you, Ironman. I once walked out of watching us losing 6-0 at Middlesbrough but gates were locked still so had no choice but to go back and watch us let in a seventh. Fortunately they opened the gates then and I got out and missed 'Boro getting their eighth.

Was that in the 1970's?.

If so I was there with a mate, we got back to the local WMC and the Compere got us up on the stage and gave us a Box of 'After 8' mints.

Barsteward.lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Teething problems:picnic: lolgarymegsonIve heard it all now and we are more or less where we were when Mr Chansiri bought us.

I see where Finlux is coming from though regarding ‘teething problems’.

When DC took over, he made it clear that he didn’t know much about football and how to run a club. Just like a lot of football people wouldn’t have a clue about the fish industry etc 

Anyway DC came in with good intentions and spent a lot of money on the pitch which was a success.

Some may say that DC made an error by appointing Doyen as advisors for transfers. That’s one decision that I believe he got wrong. The issue with that decision though, is that he has set a ball rolling which he will have to wait to stop- ie when contracts expire.  

Everyone was clamouring for us to sign Rhodes. DC spends £10M and buys him, the fan base are very happy. How many of us thought that Rhodes would struggle if you’re honest? As chairman, given the opportunity,how many of you wouldn’t have signed Rhodes? Not many. 

Then there was the kit issue. DC was going about it with the best intentions of the club.He wanted to make as much profit as he could to help with FFP. The decision backfired.

So the mistakes DC has made, with the benefit of hindsight, are in my opinion, Doyen, Rhodes and the kit. All decisions based with good intentions.

I truly believe that DC has learnt his lesson. He’s appointed a CEO to assist him. 

The issue with the Doyen and Rhodes mistakes, are that it’s impact regarding FFP is ongoing.

Prior to FFP, DC would have already have gone out and spent money rectifying the errors, no doubt we would be performing better in the league and people would be happy.

We just need to ride this season out, wait for the FFP to ‘reset’, clear out the dead wood, get players back from injury and the positivity will return. Too many supporters are getting hung up on this season. It’s been a huge learning curve for DC and has been painful and embarrassing at times. Things will get better.

3 minutes ago, Tudders said:

I see where Finlux is coming from though regarding ‘teething problems’.

When DC took over, he made it clear that he didn’t know much about football and how to run a club. Just like a lot of football people wouldn’t have a clue about the fish industry etc 

Anyway DC came in with good intentions and spent a lot of money on the pitch which was a success.

Some may say that DC made an error by appointing Doyen as advisors for transfers. That’s one decision that I believe he got wrong. The issue with that decision though, is that he has set a ball rolling which he will have to wait to stop- ie when contracts expire.  

Everyone was clamouring for us to sign Rhodes. DC spends £10M and buys him, the fan base are very happy. How many of us thought that Rhodes would struggle if you’re honest? As chairman, given the opportunity,how many of you wouldn’t have signed Rhodes? Not many. 

Then there was the kit issue. DC was going about it with the best intentions of the club.He wanted to make as much profit as he could to help with FFP. The decision backfired.

So the mistakes DC has made, with the benefit of hindsight, are in my opinion, Doyen, Rhodes and the kit. All decisions based with good intentions.

I truly believe that DC has learnt his lesson. He’s appointed a CEO to assist him. 

The issue with the Doyen and Rhodes mistakes, are that it’s impact regarding FFP is ongoing.

Prior to FFP, DC would have already have gone out and spent money rectifying the errors, no doubt we would be performing better in the league and people would be happy.

We just need to ride this season out, wait for the FFP to ‘reset’, clear out the dead wood, get players back from injury and the positivity will return. Too many supporters are getting hung up on this season. It’s been a huge learning curve for DC and has been painful and embarrassing at times. Things will get better.

Teething problems? I think it might be best to extract every tooth, prescribe a course of anti-biotics and measure up for dentures. When Chansiri took over we had an mediocre squad that was mid table and finished 13th on 60 points. After many millions spent we would ****** that now. The guy has screwed a great opportunity.

Edited by Ronnie Starling

36 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

:duntmatter:

You patronising so and so......

Yes I'm fine, l know we're all here for the same reason, but does that mean we give man hugs to people when they choose to throw the towel in because things aren't going their way?   Fv.ck that, if you're a Wednesday fan you stick with Wednesday, yes things get sh.it and we've all said never again, just like the morning after a heavy one, but within a week or two, you're back on it, for someone to say they're going to chuck the towel in, i'm sorry, that may be their choice but it's a bottling one in my opinion.

I can see you don’t need the man hug haha , Hope the patronising bit was a joke because if not you must have trouble realising  genuine , Perhaps those saying they are chucking the towel in are just reacting like you have to bad defeats , me nah I’ve never thought that this club is in my blood .

31 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Teething problems? I think it might be best to extract every tooth, prescribe a course of anti-biotics and measure up for dentures. When Chansiri took over we had an mediocre squad that was mid table and finished 13th on 60 points. After many millions spent we would ****** that now. The guy has screwed a great opportunity.

In my opinion,’teething problems’ are errors made in the infancy of a new project. 

He’s made mistakes shortly after taking over which have had a knock on, long lasting effect which has exacerbated the mistakes.

We came very very close to promotion 2 years in a row.  This raised expectations for this season. A culmination of unprecedented injury problems and a lack of strength in depth due to poor signings have compounded the problem. I can’t see it happening again any time soon.