Absolutely 100% The Right Decision

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I do so can you now admit the first season put a smile on your face , once or twice !! Ok once maybe then !!

The first season was absolutely awesome mate. Some of the best football I've seen in 40 years of watching us. That pressing, high tempo blitzkrieg style had me creaming myself.

I really started to question how a manager with such a poor CV was doing it. I almost thought I could be wrong about him.

Hence my vociferous posts, when it was abandoned for some of the worst football I've seen in 40 years.

Remember it's all about opinions, and if I post mine, I'll stand behind them rightly or wrongly.

Happy Christmas.

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

The first season was absolutely awesome mate. Some of the best football I've seen in 40 years of watching us. That pressing, high tempo blitzkrieg style had me creaming myself.

I really started to question how a manager with such a poor CV was doing it. I almost thought I could be wrong about him.

Hence my vociferous posts, when it was abandoned for some of the worst football I've seen in 40 years.

Remember it's all about opinions, and if I post mine, I'll stand behind them rightly or wrongly.

Happy Christmas.

Just having a natter  really , not sure the first season was the best in 40 years though , but I do believe if we are to go up we need to continue playing possession football . I honestly don’t know how Carlos knew enough about championship football and players to make us so good , was it luck ? ,  A Merry Christmas to you too !

Edited by dewsburyowl58

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Can't understand why he abandoned the attacking style, especially the harrying of the opposition when they had position forcing errors out of them then quickly hitting them on the counter.

For the first time in year's you watched the game instead of chatting with your mates, last season we started chatting again.

Comfort mate...Same happened with Dave Jones, he went what ws it 19 games to automatic promotion?...Then went into a bloody coma

Its a sort of timidity, it affected Carlos too...I was hoping he would come out of it.

I dunno whether the players get too comfy with the manager or vice versa

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Comfort mate...Same happened with Dave Jones, he went what ws it 19 games to automatic promotion?...Then went into a bloody coma

Its a sort of timidity, it affected Carlos too...I was hoping he would come out of it.

I dunno whether the players get too comfy with the manager or vice versa

Carlos should take out the Comfort chapter out of his coaching manual then. 

6 minutes ago, Watson said:

Can't understand why he abandoned the attacking style, especially the harrying of the opposition when they had position forcing errors out of them then quickly hitting them on the counter.

For the first time in year's you watched the game instead of chatting with your mates, last season we started chatting again.

That first season I never went to a game thinking we might lose today.

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

So why did he abandon the style?

Do you think he might have analysed it all too much?

Remember last season when it went t *ts up for a while?

We suddenly started playing again.

There were several posts on here that virtually apologised for calling for his head, we reached the play offs and...he turned it off again..

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Do you think he might have analysed it all too much?

Remember last season when it went t *ts up for a while?

We suddenly started playing again.

There were several posts on here that virtually apologised for calling for his head, we reached the play offs and...he turned it off again..

He could have done, over analysed it all, trying to tweak things here and there.  Sometimes the policy should be if it ain't broke don't fix it.  Well summat like that. 

12 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Good OP Simon and happy Xmas pal .

The thing is I dont think we will ever know what really went on and get the full picture on what the real Carlos is but the fact is that there were players out there that would have changed the dynamic of the side both defensively and attacking wise, instead we finished up with too many players of  the same Ilk whose decision that was who knows ?  I hope our chairman has learned from this abysmal recruitment policy . 

Merry Christmas to you Charlie and have a great New Year yourself mate. I’m slightly more optimistic for 2018. 

Oh, and I hope the fishing is going well too lol

5 hours ago, Watson said:

I think it was our lack of pace that cause the change . In the first year teams sat deep, in the second year they pushed right up knowing we hadn't the pace to get in behind them. That  compressed the game, even if we nicked the ball they had time to cover because of how far from their goal we regained possession and how slow we are. That's why some posters wanted Joao in the side so we had the pace to force the opposition deeper. If he had been any good it might have worked. Unfortunately he's nothing like as dangerous as he was in his first season.

Just my view.