Absolutely 100% The Right Decision

18 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Wrong appointment.

100% right decision even if it is too late.

He leaves us worse than when he found us.

Fully expect us to charge up the division with the new man in charge.

Happy days.  Can't wait to see this squad under a more forward thinking Manager.

We are in a worse state now than before CC ? How you make that out then ?. How will we manage a charge up the division if we are in a worse state ? 

25 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Probably best to have asked that before you dive in.

I was referring to our situation in the division, in the particular post you have issues with.

lol

Haha ok , just don’t like Carlos being slated , his time with us has given me some amazing times .

I do think that all this praise for Carlos’s performance in the first season is a little bit over the top. The truth of the matter is that he was funded like no other Wednesday manager before. As such the results were only acceptable and the writing was on the wall with the Wembley performance no width or penetration. 

Since then then the opposition have known what to expect from us and this has resulted in more and more sterile performances. For him to now claim that we miss Forestieri is a complete joke as he was far from being first on the team sheet when fit and when he did play him it was out of position. I feel that his favouritism of certain poor players such as Wallace and Loovens has driven a divide through the squad and things have spiralled out of control from this initial fault. 

It it would not surprise me if all these injuries suddenly clear up now this decisive individual is out of the club and these players will show their true potential no matter who takes over the reigns. 

The bottom Tom line is that given the funds CC was able to utilise he has underperformed just as his CV suggested he would. 

35 minutes ago, Bradway Owl said:

I do think that all this praise for Carlos’s performance in the first season is a little bit over the top. The truth of the matter is that he was funded like no other Wednesday manager before. As such the results were only acceptable and the writing was on the wall with the Wembley performance no width or penetration. 

Since then then the opposition have known what to expect from us and this has resulted in more and more sterile performances. For him to now claim that we miss Forestieri is a complete joke as he was far from being first on the team sheet when fit and when he did play him it was out of position. I feel that his favouritism of certain poor players such as Wallace and Loovens has driven a divide through the squad and things have spiralled out of control from this initial fault. 

It it would not surprise me if all these injuries suddenly clear up now this decisive individual is out of the club and these players will show their true potential no matter who takes over the reigns. 

The bottom Tom line is that given the funds CC was able to utilise he has underperformed just as his CV suggested he would. 

Can’t you just accept we had an amazing first season for goodness sake !!

20 hours ago, BlackGold said:

100% drivel....if Chansiri decides to not spend a penny more, run us into the ground and down the league ladder who stops him? The fans with 0% ownership? He can do as he chooses.

He doesn't serve the fans, he runs the club how he wants....better with fans onside but you and the rest of us fans are ultimately just spectators.

And this is different to before how? Oh yes the club was "owned " by the fans wasn't it? Or was it just just another closed shop Masonic lodge? Bear in mind the previous " stewards" of "our" club saw us in the high court almost wound up, whilst the man responsible was lost on a B road in bloody France. Yes the owning of shares by the supporters really helped then didn't it!

17 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

In his first season that's true.

I still believe that the style he played that season was his natural game.

He didn't think we had the resources to play that way and gain promotion, and I agree.

You have to be a Newcastle to do that.

I think the opposite, being dour and defensive was his natural game. 

The first season he had a free shot with no pressure where his only real remit was to play attacking football. 

As soon as there was a little bit of pressure he reverted to his defensive ways and then had nothing else in his locker to get out of ultra defensive mode. 

Edited by kingsidney

Good OP Simon and happy Xmas pal .

The thing is I dont think we will ever know what really went on and get the full picture on what the real Carlos is but the fact is that there were players out there that would have changed the dynamic of the side both defensively and attacking wise, instead we finished up with too many players of  the same Ilk whose decision that was who knows ?  I hope our chairman has learned from this abysmal recruitment policy . 

20 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Wrong appointment.

100% right decision even if it is too late.

He leaves us worse than when he found us.

Fully expect us to charge up the division with the new man in charge.

Happy days.  Can't wait to see this squad under a more forward thinking Manager.

Let’s hope this is the case, we don’t a appoint a bore fest manager a le Karanka.

We have proven talent with the forwards we hav here please please Mr chairman mak sure we get a manager that knows how to get the best out of these.

He ran out of steam but before that we still had a number of glaring issues even at our best, a lack of pace, physicality (still relying on Hutchinson for this years later) and a refusal to get some until his job was on the line. A squad was built without the mentality to make the top two pretty much by his own admission. He delivered some of the best days we have had and I am grateful but for at least a year many of us have felt he would prefer to stick to his principles rather than add those elements needed not just to get us up, but keep us up (as Karanka found out you need it).

It was the right decision and late in coming. Let’s hope the next appointment takes us forward.