Absolutely 100% The Right Decision

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll do my best.

To keep the nutty poster in this thread happy though, I’d best not make it too long.

Ignore him Owlsman, - I for one enjoy your posts, whether they be from the heart (as your OP on this tread clearly was) - or whether you are being your usual amusing self, with that sideways humour you have.  Carry On,  do carry on as you nearly always bring a smile and often a guffaw to my day!

Mr. Farrell isn't being hypocritical.

I'm not sorry for Carlos either.

I'm not sorry for anyone involved in football.

They must be the luckiest, most pampered people in society.

I'm sorry for nurses who work long hours on intensive care units for relatively little pay, or people who can't get work through no fault of their own.

Carlos this year will earn as much as most contributors to this board will earn in 30.

I wish he'd taken us up rather than anyone else, because I like him.

But please let's have a bit of perspective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

A toast to the best coach we've had in 20 years, a style of football that saw record season ticket sales. Bravo CC!

In his first season that's true.

I still believe that the style he played that season was his natural game.

He didn't think we had the resources to play that way and gain promotion, and I agree.

You have to be a Newcastle to do that.

31 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Were you saying that at Wembley or after the Arsenal game or the Brighton home leg?   Were you fv.ck!

In a way, he was too good for us.

By that I mean that his natural game, the game he understood implicitly, was unsuited to a club of our resources.

As Fulham discovered, it's very difficult to play that way and go up.

6 hours ago, edwinowl said:

I like this post. 

You talk a lot of sense and to be fair I'd noticed you had kept out of things. 

Suppose there's only so many dumps one can take to help things along 

Didn’t want to be accused of it all being my fault, like has happened before. Let everyone else get on with pointing out where it was going mammaries up this time. 

5 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Good post mate.

Cheers mate. Agree we all need to work as a family as the Chairman puts it, but without us he has nothing, and its about time the fans got some proper recognition rather than being taken for granted and blamed for others’ mistakes.

Edited by theowlsman

8 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Good post mate. Been some criticism of the chairman today but if what he’s saying is that we’re family and that family has had its say (and not always pleasant) then that I don’t see that as such a bad thing. Like you say what matters now is that we move forwards together. 

Agreed. Agree to disagree then move on.

10 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Wrong appointment.

100% right decision even if it is too late.

He leaves us worse than when he found us.

Fully expect us to charge up the division with the new man in charge.

Happy days.  Can't wait to see this squad under a more forward thinking Manager.

I hope you’re right- and I’ve no doubt we’ll improve on the last 3 months’ results, but it’s still an imbalanced, ageing squad desperately lacking pace and athleticism.

We need a new man in quick who knows how to work the transfer market- and more importantly is as heavily involved as is posssible in the transfer dealings.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I hope you’re right- and I’ve no doubt we’ll improve on the last 3 months’ results, but it’s still an imbalanced, ageing squad desperately lacking pace and athleticism.

We need a new man in quick who knows how to work thebtansfer market- and more importantly is as heavily involved as is posssible in the transfer dealings.

Agreed.

Be amazed if a change doesn't bring about some immediate improvement though.

Even with just Bully I'd expect improvement. The players just weren't playing, and the tactics were ineffective.

10 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

In his first season that's true.

I still believe that the style he played that season was his natural game.

He didn't think we had the resources to play that way and gain promotion, and I agree.

You have to be a Newcastle to do that.

Maybe there was abit of inexperience and meddling from DC, saying we have to play 2 strikers. Who knows. 

I swear blind Bannan, Wallace, Lee, Forestieri are 4-5-1 midfielders because of their body type, they needed Hutch or Lopez to play without fear of losing the ball

2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Maybe there was abit of inexperience and meddling from DC, saying we have to play 2 strikers. Who knows. 

I swear blind Bannan, Wallace, Lee, Forestieri are 4-5-1 midfielders because of their body type, they needed Hutch or Lopez to play without fear of losing the ball

Yes, a very good point.

But I still worry about some fans understandably putting entertainment first, yet wanting promotion too.

In my opinion that's a very difficult thing to achieve for the non-parachute clubs.

It's not impossible, but it's very difficult.

Perhaps it's better to say that there are easier ways of going up.