Sheffield Wednesday - V - Millwall : Matchday Thread

At times I thought we looked really good, especially when we moved the ball quickly, but we don't carry on doing it, we have 10 minute periods where its simply lethargic, samey and predictable...TBH the fans don't help at times, ironic cheers when Bannan finally finds Fox out wide....Shouts of "Move it quicker"...Bannan tries to do that with a backheel...cries of "Take yer f.ookin' time Bannan"

Bannan was excellent again tonight I thought..along with Reach, Butterfield looked composed, but always plays the easy ball, which worked well at times, but carries no real threat.

Atmos was turgid..but I think that was mainly worry.

Its crying out for pace.,...somewhere, even through the middle...The number of times we have 3 players in a triangle 5 yds away from each other on the byline and it looks like a f.ookin' pinball machine is remarkable!

Millwall should have heading home in the first 10 minutes, worst side ive seen at Hillsborough....(Yes I am including the obvious lol)

6 hours ago, Dylan93 said:

A win is a win. Strikers did okay, but didn’t retain the ball enough. Reach had a decent game. Wallace was.. crap. Bannan and Butterfield had lots of the ball but didn’t utilise it enough. They never challenged for first/second balls and gave them time in midfield (needs sorting). Palmer was my man of the match, closely by Lees. Loovens and Fox were shakey at times but had good games. Westwood came into action when needed.

Crossing needs to be better and press more. We made a crap team look average! But I’m happy we have won, onto Villa

I thought Lees was reasonable defensively, but was very poor with the ball.

Loovens was better, but not by much.

With Loovens and Lees at the back, we can play some very ugly football at times.  I wouldn't be averse to seeing five at the back with Van Aken added just so we have some much better distribution of the ball and quickness to the transition.

OK - back to being a 13 year old again. 

So 3 points off the play-offs!

Back to reality:

11 points off autopro and even worse is that the top three (inc them) are already looking like they are an iceberg starting to break away from the rest of the continent. Hopefully Utd are doing their usual autumn gallop before tanking around Christmas. Certainly praying for that!:laugh:

Guest Manwithastick

Was at the match so missed all of this fun and games. The black bands were in  place of a poppy. 

Would now be a bad time to point out that Bannan was the only (Wednesday) player to actively NOT wear one?