Sheffield Wednesday - V - Millwall : Matchday Thread

Sat here shivering in the dark of the lodge. The only light from my phone.  My mind a whir as I try to fight the cold.  The Barnsley game still fresh in flashes behind my eyes.

We were better.  We dominated the first half against a side that matched us up.  We created chances.  But not many, what I would call, clear cut chances. They were the sort of chances you score when you're full of beans.  And we're not full of beans at present. 

Still.... we should have been out of sight.  We scored. Ironically with a bit of luck. 

God , I'm cold in here. 

Anyway, for all our play as soon as Barnsley came out in the second half with a 4-1-4-1 we knew. We did didn't we. I did. The people around me did. The shoulders around me in the stands dropped as people noticed the change.   And of course ,having weathered the storm they then made a double sub with the more adventurous Moncur and Isgrove coming on and offering more support to their front man.

No automatic alt text available.

And frankly... sadly... no one was surprised when they scored. 

In fact, I must make the confession that though I thought Lee's could have done more, and I was surprised with how easily Lee got turned, I clapped the goal.  Not because I'm a sadist. Not because I don't want us to win.  But because, what a lovely hit it was. A player turning and with his head up curling a shot to the far side. Not just twatting it, but curling it.  

Of course, there was a chap behind me giving me the daggers and I did wonder for a moment if I might be about to be introduced to this terrace violence that I've been hearing so much about. Luckily I had a spare Werthers and the episode was quickly resolved. 

But it was better.  And I have to believe that we can beat Millwall.

Wednesday  V -  Millwall

We can do it. I know we've been poor against sides at the wrong end.  But surely that cannot last. Surely some team is going to be the one that we end our run against, as we so often are the team that help other struggling teams end their runs.

We do have some good news though.

Yes, another team who play 4-4-2.  I know, I know, I said this pre-Barnsley too. But if they don't change anything and go about it like they did against Cardiff then we really must get into them before they do change it!

Its a game being billed the most important one of the season.  Though to be honest, we've said that about every game since Preston. I think that is going to be the theme of the season.  "This week is THE game. Make or break"  .

The Chairman has come out this week and said he's 100% behind Carlos.  Now usually that means the manager is about to get the boot but we all know in the case of Mr C that his vote of confidence will be exactly that. Especially if some folks don't like it!

Now this is a good thing. No, no Mr Farrell, Mr Bluesky, hear me out.  Of late the manager has looked tense. The players have looked tense. But they need to be relaxed to play their best. Maybe this vote of confidence will relax Carlos, and that will be transmitted to the players.

Ok. Maybe I am pushing it. But at this stage I'm willing to try anything.

And so.  I'm going back to basics on here too. Doing the things I was doing at the beginning of the season when I went unbeaten in four.  So you'll have to forgive me and indulge me, but I'm bring  Daisy back into the fold.

59d0ee104f5cb_jf3fpGq(1).jpg.2a99f084455d08815186940724d2fc94.jpg

Maybe Carlos needs to bring another talisman back too

Atdhe Nuhiu Swfc GIF - AtdheNuhiu Nuhiu Swfc GIFs

COME ON WEDNESDAY

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Well said that man @Lord Snooty

Throw everything at this boys!! Let’s fight them an the beaches etc etc!! I want Hillsborough to look like a battle scene from Game of Thrones when the final whistle sounds!! 

Set something special to one side from the wine cellar, we got this!! 

Edited by Morepork

2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

I wonder how many of us would take a defeat if CC was guaranteed to go after.

Think we'll actually win this as Millwall poor and nothing local about it like Barnsley had.

I expect the agony of CC to be prolonged.

I would.

I make no bones about it.

If you've got gangrene you have to be prepared to lose a leg.

It's all about the greater good.

The only caveat to that is that DC seems content to let the infection spread unchecked.

Defeat tonight probably won't change anything.