TOP HEAVY SQUAD AND FFP.

3 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Just my humble opinion based upon a 3-5-2 formation. Incidentally a formation that we have the best players for in my opinion.

For the wide areas I feel that the usual suspects Hunt & Pudil are perfectly suited to this job. FF could not play wing back in 3-5-2 and if we weren't to get the marquee centre half then Hutch gets the nod.

I like Adam Reach but as I said re. FF, fir me he's not suited to 3-5-2, neither is Wallace.  As for Boyd, I've never seen him play other than for opposition sides so can't make an informed decision yet.

55-60 game season gives scope for everyone in the squad to stake a claim.

As I said it's just an opinion.

Im not slating the idea mate just the players... I'd go:

westwood 

Loovens Lees New

Lee Hutch Abdi Reach

Forestieri Boyd

Joao

Now I know Joao has done little to justify selection but we would need pace 

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Im not slating the idea mate just the players... I'd go:

westwood 

Loovens Lees New

Lee Hutch Abdi Reach

Forestieri Boyd

Joao

Now I know Joao has done little to justify selection but we would need pace 

Fair shout that line up. My worry with Hutch in middle of park is that he's too rash and is injury prone in CM because of this. What formation are you going for here? 3-4-3, 3-4-2-1?

Such a good squad!

53 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Fair shout that line up. My worry with Hutch in middle of park is that he's too rash and is injury prone in CM because of this. What formation are you going for here? 3-4-3, 3-4-2-1?

Such a good squad!

The Chelsea formation with Forestieri Boyd/Matias doing what they want ! 

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:32, Blue and white said:

With the squad as top heavy as it is and Carlos saying he wants two players per position would you be happy with this.

GK Westwood/Wildsmith

RB Hunt/Hutton

CB Lees/Loovens

Dean/Hutchinson

LB Fox/Pudil

LW Forestieri/Reach

RW Boyd/Wallace

CM Lee/Abdi

Bannan/Woods

CF Rhodes/Winnall

Hooper/Fletcher

Anyone not mentioned in the above needs to be on the transfer list and shipped out of the team, a bit of a cull is just what we need to get the wage bill down, free up some funds and ensures we have quality throughout the team.

With the 3 highlighted additions that squad should be able to go for top 2.

Now that squad would be different gravy.

21 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Anyone wanting to get rid of our only pace option (Joao) needs to have a long hard think back to how they felt in the play off semi when our throw the kitchen sink at it last throw of the dice was to bring Nuhiu on.

Huddersfield brought pace on in the shape of Quainer or whatever his name was and it led to their goal and caused us loads of problems with Pudil being out in his feet.

We brought on the lumbering oaf. 

Yep great plan let's get rid of our only unpredictable player. 

I assume Dave came in not as a "throw the kitchen sink at it, last roll of the dice", but as size to allow the defense to spend less time in the ball, and to bypass the midfield players who were also completely gassed.  Huddersfield ran us into the ground.

I agree with you about keeping Joao though.

I think the problem with our squad is too many players in CM and up front. 5 midfielders for 2 places and 6 strikers for 2 places. Never get a settled side, always changing. How Nuhiu is still anywhere near thd1st team is beyond me. 

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

We can't be anywhere near FFP, £39 million loss over 3 years. No way.

It's just a way to talk down crazy centre back prices and wages.

Plus , John West can come in with massive sponsorship dosh. 

I wish they would, the T.U.G stadium has a certain ring to it.

On 7/24/2017 at 05:44, handworth52 said:

This is the point I've been making for ages ,our transfer policy is going to get us into a lot of trouble and then we will end up like forest and stagnate for 2-3 years until those ageing players leave when there big contracts finish.the club just ain't been run well in all departments .we ain't even got any home games for sale other clubs have 1st 3 league games for sale and league cup.and at this rate we be wearing last season's kit by Aug 5th.we need to build for future  not for tomorrow signing 30yr old plus players on there last big pay day isn't the best way forward.

Our transfer policy has been shaped around getting us promoted, hence the emphasis on tried and tested at this level, albeit we have not yet achieved our goal. If we had gone down the route of relatively unproven players like Huddersfield last season and still not gone up the moaning would still be the same.  The club will always be damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The playoff semi was very disappointing but as most sensible fans will acknowledge we aren't very far off being able to challenge for the top 2.