This Summer - Ins and Outs

32 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

as was Hutchinsons

but he's the golden boy and people rather chant his name when he missed

unbelievable some of you lot

I don't believe people are having a pop for missing, that's not the discussion, the issue is that he didn't want to take one period and as an expensive striker with goals galore to his name (including penalties), with his price tag people are finding that less than palatable

Think our fitness and medical areas need a review.

Players were not as fit as last season and too many injuries. We didn't have bone injuries, all pulls, strains and niggles.

I remember the guy Carlos brought with him in 2015 as Fitness Coach left near the end of that first season. Maybe that was key in this area.

2 hours ago, WayneTheOwl said:

I think it's going to be a summer of many comings and goings, the comings not as many as the goings hopefully.

Key positions to sign players: Right Back, Left Back, 1/2 Centre Backs, 1 Midfield monster and 2/3 Wingers.

2 players I would like to see come to us are Charlie Taylor and Aaron Mooy. These 2 would instantly improve our starting 11. Unrealistically now I think but Harry Maguire would have been perfect for us, however, he will end up at a Prem side next season but we need someone very similar to partner Lees at the back.

I know he's been out of the game for 18 months but Judge is out of contract and should be worth considering, not sure how much longer he is out for though!

Izzy Brown would be worth a cheeky loan bid as well, not necessarily for the first team but would be a good option and a cheap one on the bench.

The key to our signings will be getting shut of players from the wage bill. Whilst I am not sure who is actually out of contract, the following must be got rid off:

Erby

Mcgugan

Melo

Sougou

Dielna

Bus

Mathias

Joao

Nuhiu

Fletcher (too much of an expensive luxury who offers nothing different IMO)

Disposable players: Pudil, Loovens, Palmer, Jones.

I reckon we have seen the last of Fernando in a Wednesday shirt, can see a big money bid coming in for him.

Without Fletcher the last few weeks we wouldnt have been in the play offs!  I cant believe he got taken off last night to be honest

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

I don't believe people are having a pop for missing, that's not the discussion, the issue is that he didn't want to take one period and as an expensive striker with goals galore to his name (including penalties), with his price tag people are finding that less than palatable

read the previous comment on Thi thread '30k aweek shouldn't miss from 12 yards' ,other threads 'doesnt want to be here'

Fernando could donate 10 million to charity and some would have it in for him still

Guest gizowl

Get off FFs back,he's had a poor season fo various reasons,let's see how he is next season,I'm more worried about paying 10 million for Rhodes,pudil loovens abdi nuhui fox jones semado reach all need showing the door first as well as the 1 year loans

These are not good enough. 

Jones 
Matias
Urby
Sasso 
Fox
Nuhui
Dilena
Joao
Sougou
Melo
Pudil

Lachman - Never had a chance

Mcgugan - would get another chance under me. He has a lot of ability and carried us under Gray. What's happend with him this year has been discusting.

Return all loanees

Nobody has mentioned Westwood and Lees leaving. We'll have a very good job keeping these two. Our best two players by a mile. These two go, hello mid table! 

3 hours ago, chizumgeorge said:

Without Fletcher the last few weeks we wouldnt have been in the play offs!  I cant believe he got taken off last night to be honest

Exactly, there's an argument that he's first choice striker currently. I said it in another thread but there is no possible way Fletcher will leave, even if we received an acceptable bid nobody would be willing to pay him anywhere near the wages he currently receives from us, he's 30, this is his last big contract, no way would he walk away from that at his age.

If one of the attacking players needs to be sold then unfortunately it will be Forestieri.