So after letting the dust settle I can honestly say I'm livid.

Livid at the team selection.

Livid that we played the same team that played in last years final with the exception of Fletch for Hooper.

Livid that there was over 20m pounds worth of talent sat on the bench.

Livid that our tactics were a disaster waiting to happen.

Livid that we went down without a fight.

Livid at the fact we have blown a golden opportunity.

Livid that we have managed to take quality players like Abdi, Rhodes, McManaman and make them look poor.

For me there is only one outcome and that is to replace Carlos ASAP, lets get someone in with a proven track record of promotion and lets go for it next season.

Livid....  is the word of the day

SACK HIM    should be the next two words

Abject coward of a manager who could have walked that game last night, and chose the same turgid tactics that cost uslast years playoff final.

How....how the hell, when fresh legs are needed for a final push, can you bring a big donkey on ? And leave the bench as it was ?
He'd have been better bringing the bloody ball boy on than big Dave.

No matter how you dress it up... 6th one Season 4th next..

His decision's cost us automatic this season. Best chance we'll ever get, and the coward blew it.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

5 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Livid....  is the word of the day

SACK HIM    should be the next two words

Abject coward of a manager who could have walked that game last night, and chose the same turgid tactics that cost uslast years playoff final.

How....how the hell, when fresh legs are needed for a final push, can you bring a big donkey on ? And leave the bench as it was ?
He'd have been better bringing the bloody ball boy on than big Dave.

No matter how you dress it up... 6th one Season 4th next..

His decision's cost us automatic this season. Best chance we'll ever get, and the coward blew it.

the look on peoples faces when nuhiu came on the pitch,choice of winnall or nuhiu and he picks nu-hope

dc has alot of thinking to do

1 minute ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

the look on peoples faces when nuhiu came on the pitch,choice of winnall or nuhiu and he picks nu-hope

Probably the strangest decision this season. Winnal was the best option on the bench as we were getting a grip on the game at that point. Brings on Nuhiu and we ship a goal, I know there's a love in for him but he needs to go if were leaving a player with Winnal's talent on the bench.

1 minute ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

How in the name of everything holy, given the choice of Winnall and Nuhiu do you pick the wrong one. You can't even begin to defend it.

Disappointment more like it. If Carlos stays, that's fine with me. If he walks, I'm cool with that too; as long as we find the right manager to get the best of our players. He doesn't need to be a big name manager or whatever, just someone who will ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK.

5 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Stop being such a bunch of fannies.

look at Brighton and look at Birmingham and tell me if switchingmanagers is a good idea.

The only bunch of fannies I've seen was that god awful display last night.

Edited by Blue and white

Carlos' way of doing things works fine when Hooper plays. When he doesn't it goes awry. We need another player of that type. Shift the dead wood and strengthen defence. We need a CB and two full backs. We've got too many players. Give Carlos while Xmas and if it's not working look elsewhere.

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Carlos' way of doing things works fine when Hooper plays. When he doesn't it goes awry. We need another player of that type. Shift the dead wood and strengthen defence. We need a CB and two full backs. We've got too many players. Give Carlos while Xmas and if it's not working look elsewhere.

He has had close to 50m to spend and most of that Mr Chansiri may as well flushed it down the pan, I doubt very much that he will get another week here nevermind another penny.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

He has had close to 50m to spend and most of that Mr Chansiri may as well flushed it down the pan, I doubt very much that he will get another week here nevermind another penny.

Maybe not, but I agree with Carlos on one thing. We're not good enough at the back to go on all-out attack...which is what he'd do if we were parachute/ex-PL.

The non-parachute teams which have gone up recently tend to have been the conservative ones, rather than the flamboyant ones such as Fulham. And 'Udders aren't up yet either. I've no doubt Jovanovic or Wagner would get Newcastle up at a canter, but they've got better players than we can afford. Would Benitez have got 'Boro or Brighton up, for example? It's horses for courses. Carlos has got the defence right, and we've got a lethal strike force (on paper). We're lacking the link between the two when Hooper ain't fit. Wagner's a lucky boy. If Hooper had been playing tonight we'd have done them.