Guest ka58
2 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Probably the strangest decision this season. Winnal was the best option on the bench as we were getting a grip on the game at that point. Brings on Nuhiu and we ship a goal, I know there's a love in for him but he needs to go if were leaving a player with Winnal's talent on the bench.

Nuhiu wasn't on the pitch when they scored.

In the most part the manager has always taken a measured approach, I don't think losing Wallace helped but having got the first goal we looked all set. Then one mistake cost us and we didn't really recover, it wasn't in the script.

Presumably Nuhiu came on because all we seemed capable of in extra time was launching it, and apparently he'd been decent in pen training. 

But without a proper link player our system seems to become flawed against high intensity teams. The managers aversion to tricky wingers is a bit of a bug bear.

We played our best football and were at our most consistent when key favourite players were injured.

Once they came back I feared the worst - CC just reverted to what didn't work earlier on.

The two matches were a microcosm of the season - poor team selection, lousy tactics and an unbalanced team that played to about 60% of its potential.

We need a change if we are to get out of this league.  Carlos isn't the man.

Carlos has done a good job. If you're happy with us in and around the top 6 of the championship then he is your man.

If you want us in the Premierleague, we need to go up automatically and Carlos just isn't the guy. He has had two cracks at the play offs and his tactics blew it.

He inherited a solid team spine.

Has had two full seasons

and more money than nearly all previous managers combined.

Thanks Carlos, you took us from consolidation to contention, but we need another approach.

10 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

We played our best football and were at our most consistent when key favourite players were injured.

Once they came back I feared the worst - CC just reverted to what didn't work earlier on.

The two matches were a microcosm of the season - poor team selection, lousy tactics and an unbalanced team that played to about 60% of its potential.

We need a change if we are to get out of this league.  Carlos isn't the man.

I feared the worst too. So depressingly predictable. 

He panic bought a 9 million striker who we didn't need, and left other areas of the team weak and/or disjointed with the wrong pegs.

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

So after letting the dust settle I can honestly say I'm livid.

Livid at the team selection.

Livid that we played the same team that played in last years final with the exception of Fletch for Hooper.

Livid that there was over 20m pounds worth of talent sat on the bench.

Livid that our tactics were a disaster waiting to happen.

Livid that we went down without a fight.

Livid at the fact we have blown a golden opportunity.

Livid that we have managed to take quality players like Abdi, Rhodes, McManaman and make them look poor.

For me there is only one outcome and that is to replace Carlos ASAP, lets get someone in with a proven track record of promotion and lets go for it next season.

100% right and correct how can we turn a proven striker in Rhodes into a 1 goal in how many?? Winall for me should have had a look in too all goals he scored before us. When he does score week after he on bench How's that fair. Proper takes confidence out of players that

2 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Are you sure about that? Look at the cost of their players and come back to me. 

Fulham had a net spend this season on transfers of MINUS 1.5 million. Tell me again, where did they finish in the table last season and then tell me the manager there hasn't worked wonders....

2 hours ago, RobHowe said:

This.

Football fans are fickle, always have been always will be. Wednesdayites are no different.

As tough as last night's defeat was, and IMO we didn't deserve to win, it should be remembered that we have finished in our highest position since we dropped out of the Premier League 17 years ago. And we were just a couple of spot kicks away from a second consecutive Playoff Final.

I wonder how many of the negative posts made in threads like these would have been made had we won the shoot-out last night?

I think we all know the answer to that.

Carlos gambled on not having a shot in anger in the first leg, and sneaking a 1-0 win at home. It didn't come off and he's being rightly called out on it.

No one forced him into this ultra negative way of playing. 

Fulham showed they have a weak underbelly if you get at them. 

It's a fine line between being a "tactical genius" and a villain. I dare say had we hung on at 1 nil it would've been the former. 

With Carlos, when it works it looks great but when it doesn't it looks like a lack of tempo cost us. 

Id say it's a fine line on the managers future too, with no clear answer. Prior to these games I wanted him to stay and part of me still does, depending on whether he is up for doing it all again/ picking everyone up. But our reliance on one link man despite having quality throughout the squad is pretty concerning.

3 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Why is he a better option??

We don't know if he would be but at least the football would be entertaining. I think Carlos has gone a good job in his time here but I'm not sure I can face another season of grind it out football.

1 hour ago, heppers said:

For me the bazaar decision was taking off Fletcher our in form striker. It was too early and when they drew level left us with no threat. 

Fletcher had worked hard to get himself into the game last night, Twenty min in he looked out of sorts, 51 min absolutley bouncing after scoring then on 61min taken off,

Confused the hell out of me that,

They guy had literally shown exactly what quality he was to adapt through the first hour to put himself right in the game...to then be taken off!,

I can't accept at all,

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Probably the strangest decision this season. Winnal was the best option on the bench as we were getting a grip on the game at that point. Brings on Nuhiu and we ship a goal, I know there's a love in for him but he needs to go if were leaving a player with Winnal's talent on the bench.

Eh?  Pretty sure Nuhiu came on in extra time - when it was already 1-1 - to blame him for the goal is a little extreme...