48 minutes ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Stop being such a bunch of fannies.

look at Brighton and look at Birmingham and tell me if switchingmanagers is a good idea.

This!

so we drew away, drew at home and after two hours, two of ours missed a penalty as opposed to one of theirs. So the world has caved in and it's all the fault of Carlos who deliberately injured Wallace..

Fantastic goal from Fletcher, Rhodes unlucky three times.

and the benefit of moaning is what exactly????

30 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The non-parachute teams which have gone up recently tend to have been the conservative ones, rather than the flamboyant ones such as Fulham. And 'Udders aren't up yet either. I've no doubt Jovanovic or Wagner would get Newcastle up at a canter, but they've got better players than we can afford. Would Benitez have got 'Boro or Brighton up, for example? It's horses for courses. Carlos has got the defence right, and we've got a lethal strike force (on paper). We're lacking the link between the two when Hooper ain't fit. Wagner's a lucky boy. If Hooper had been playing tonight we'd have done them.

ha, a parting shot! We'll beat you next time with our dragon punch Mr Wagner!

1 minute ago, Elderly Owl said:

This!

so we drew away, drew at home and after two hours, two of ours missed a penalty as opposed to one of theirs. So the world has caved in and it's all the fault of Carlos who deliberately injured Wallace..

Fantastic goal from Fletcher, Rhodes unlucky three times.

and the benefit of moaning is what exactly????

to get rid of CC

Have to agree with livid.

We set up to defend yet again in a play off semi final 2nd leg at home after drawing the first leg.

I gave Carlos he dues in the first leg, it was a good tactical move.last night was the complete opposite.

How the hell does he expect to win by instructing loovens to play it Lee, play it to hunt, play it to Pudil and give with back Westwood. Then we play back into defence who decide to play into midfield by this time Huddersfield have moved up and we ultimately give them the ball under pressure. 

It's been same most of the season.

Only time it wasn't and we attacked with purpose was against Birmingham at home, thrashing Norwich at home and going on a 6 winning run.

The squad we have is talented and set up to attack so I'm astonished why we set up to defend. Rhodes is a goal scorer where ever he's been and looks a lost player with us. 

Tell you something if we had Wanger as manager last night we would be going to Wembley soon again or we could have possibly gone up automatic.

Last season and this season are polar opposites and we are our own downfall. Even last night we had the odd 5 minute attacking threat and Huddersfield struggled to cope so why did we go back to slowing the game down in defence, we looked scared and nervous to unleash our talent.

We got EXACTLY what we deserved from these play offs and frankly the season..... Nothing. 

I like Carlos and supported him but I don't see him changing his attitude and I don't see us progressing anymore with him. It was clear to see but the man who needed to see it, refused too again. 

I'm livid too. Livid how after having the best manager for many a year, some of us want him sacked.

18 clean sheets this season. One shot away from another Wembley final.

Be careful what you wish for.

Sad to say, but the buck must stop here... We've had some good times and some great football at times, maybe not so much this year, but we have. The truth is though players as we know have a level, good championship players don't make it in the premier and the fact is managers have a level too. Sometimes you get a guy in that takes your team to a point, but no matter what he does he reaches his level and you stop there, you have to get someone in to take you onwards and onto that next level. Therefore it needs to be goodbye Carlos and thank you for getting us here now bring in a boss that can handle the pressure and get us over the line. 

We never really had a go all season.

Let the opposites have too much play and although we looked decent defensively there have been times where we rode our luck.

I bet we are the only championship side that can make Rhodes look poor.

We need a few players in still and I hoped we'd have got them during last summer's window.

I'm livid we just tried to keep it tight, cross our fingers and hope our way to promotion for most of the season really.

I love Carlos but he needs to have a rethink.

Its not a given for me he should go but I think he needs to do something different next season.

Edited by Eightace

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

So after letting the dust settle I can honestly say I'm livid.

Livid at the team selection.

Livid that we played the same team that played in last years final with the exception of Fletch for Hooper.

Livid that there was over 20m pounds worth of talent sat on the bench.

Livid that our tactics were a disaster waiting to happen.

Livid that we went down without a fight.

Livid at the fact we have blown a golden opportunity.

Livid that we have managed to take quality players like Abdi, Rhodes, McManaman and make them look poor.

For me there is only one outcome and that is to replace Carlos ASAP, lets get someone in with a proven track record of promotion and lets go for it next season.

Hard to argue with anything you have said there. We were saying pretty much the same thing on the way home. 

As much as we all love Carlos, he's made a lot of baffling decisions this season and when you look back, with what he's had at his disposal, the season has been abject failiure  

im not calling for his head, but I won't be gutted if he does go. 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Jokanovic.

I'd get him in , plays attacking football I want entertainment not to be bored out my brains like this season.just totally had enough of Carlos and all the money he has wasted and crazy tactics. Even now I'm still livid he put the donkey on instead of winnall.  Plz now you have slept on it Carlos resign.

11 minutes ago, marconi said:

I'm livid too. Livid how after having the best manager for many a year, some of us want him sacked.

18 clean sheets this season. One shot away from another Wembley final.

Be careful what you wish for.

This.

Football fans are fickle, always have been always will be. Wednesdayites are no different.

As tough as last night's defeat was, and IMO we didn't deserve to win, it should be remembered that we have finished in our highest position since we dropped out of the Premier League 17 years ago. And we were just a couple of spot kicks away from a second consecutive Playoff Final.

I wonder how many of the negative posts made in threads like these would have been made had we won the shoot-out last night?

I think we all know the answer to that.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Maybe not, but I agree with Carlos on one thing. We're not good enough at the back to go on all-out attack...which is what he'd do if we were parachute/ex-PL.

No he wouldnt. He is a very negative manager.

He has had riches this season and wasted them.

When the chips are down, its defend defend defend.

Got to go, and will go. Chansiri must be livid.

Everybody gets over emotional about football win or lose.  Today we are livid, angry, disappointed, unhappy etc etc...

That's the nature of of the beast.  So, after the initial reaction, we take stock, consider the options and move on.

I believe Carlos, in many respects, has been a breath of fresh air.  His approach to the game, his press conferences, his broken English has kept us amused.  However, it looks like he's met his match.  He's had a lot of money to spend, some quality players at his disposal and a stronger squad than this time last year.  He's also had a chairman, who promised Premiership football in 2 years, breathing down his neck.  So, I think its inevitable that he'll leave the club in the very near future.  It's a high pressure situation and he knows all about the expectation from his chairman, the fans and the local media.  The chairman hasn't pumped all his money into our club for nothing.  He's determined to get us promoted and if that means a new direction/manager than so be it.  I believe Carlos, a proud man, will walk before he's pushed.

So, whose next.  I would expect the next guy to be tried and tested.  Unfortunately there's not much to choose from:  Pardew is constantly mentioned - not for me,  I like the Fulham guy but he's unlikely to move up here, Steve Bruce is still finding his feet at Villa, MacLaren - no, Pearson - takes no prisoners and lives in the city but it's said he doesn't want it.  My choice would be Gary Monk whose Leeds contract is up in the Summer.

Up The Owls

53 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Have to agree with livid.

We set up to defend yet again in a play off semi final 2nd leg at home after drawing the first leg.

I gave Carlos he dues in the first leg, it was a good tactical move.last night was the complete opposite.

In the first leg Huddersfield had a 21 year old reserve keeper who didn't have a shot to save. Our negative tactics there cost us badly.