Settled sides (some stats)

Here's the % of total minutes played of the total minutes available in the league, at least according to what I have been tracking, alongside total number of league appearances (as of 11th April 2016)

Reach came in late in the season, but has played more minutes than everyone, other than Westwood and Bannan. Despite being injured for quite some periods, even Lees and Hutch have played in 7 out of every 10 mins we have played this season

% of tot         Apps
Westwood 92.2% 39
Bannan 88.0% 39
Reach 79.6% 35
Lees 74.7% 31
Hutchinson 71.0% 33
Wallace 67.8% 37
Forestieri 64.8% 31
Hunt 64.7% 29
Loovens 61.6% 29
Lee 52.8% 23
Pudil 48.2% 22
Fletcher 48.1% 35
Jones 43.8% 27
Palmer 35.4% 19
Hooper 31.0% 19
Rhodes 27.9% 13
Sasso 26.5% 12
Winnall 20.4% 13
Abdi 19.5% 16
Fox 18.5% 9
Joao 16.0% 9
Nuhiu 10.3% 17
McManaman 9.2% 11
Buckley 9.1% 10
Dawson 7.8% 4
Semedo 3.8% 6
Matias 0.7% 1
Hirst 0.5% 1
Wildsmith 0.0% 0

6 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

That has much more meaning. Thank you for your effort.

With regard to Wednesday, Hutch and Forestieri have both missed matches through Suspension and the latter through being rested.

additionally, I believe that all or nearly all of the matches missed by Pudil and Reach were through the choice of Carlos. Therefore, I still suspect our figures are inflated more than some.

What is clear is that Huddersfield have had a stroke of luck. Their spine is Schindler, Mooy and Kachunga - they've hardly missed a match.

Without our squad size and resources I guess they need it.

Will you stop making things up just to have a go at Carlos 

It was stated clearly on Saturday by Carlos that Pudil was injured early in the season which meant he lost all the benefits of the pre season training . He tried to play again but couldn't do it so had to go through another pre season routine.

This made sense as Saturday was the first time Pudil has looked fit and it showed in his performance 

7 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Will you stop making things up just to have a go at Carlos 

It was stated clearly on Saturday by Carlos that Pudil was injured early in the season which meant he lost all the benefits of the pre season training . He tried to play again but couldn't do it so had to go through another pre season routine.

This made sense as Saturday was the first time Pudil has looked fit and it showed in his performance 

I've not made anything up.

And I am not trying to make Carlos look bad, I am purely commenting on the validity of the statistics.

I simply hadn't seen that statement from Carlos.

This looks at how many games have been missed by the 11 players in each side who have clocked up the most appearances, in theory those making up their 'starting 11'

Number of games missed by… Newcastle Brighton Huddersfield   Reading Leeds Owls
…..Player with most appearances 1 1 0   0 0 2
Player with 2nd most appearances 1 1 1   0 1 2
Player with 3rd most appearances 2 1 1   3 2 4
Player with 4th most appearances 4 3 2   4 4 6
Player with 5th most appearances 6 4 2   5 4 6
Player with 6th most appearances 8 7 3   5 7 9
Player with 7th most appearances 9 9 4   6 10 10
Player with 8th most appearances 9 10 5   9 11 10
Player with 9th most appearances 9 10 8   10 11 12
Player with 10th most appearances 10 11 8   11 11 12
Player with 11th most appearances 13 11 16   11 12 15

Total no of games missed by 'starting 11' 72 68 50   64 73 88

Would I be right in saying @davetherivelinowl that the total number of games that could have been missed, so far, would be 451 (41 games played x starting 11)? If so, that means we have lost 19.5% of our total playing time to injuries and that exludes the long term absentees who don't make the first 11 list.

Leeds, the nearest to us in terms of games missed are 3.3% better off than us (16.2% game time lost).

I'm not too sure how accurate my thinking is with regards to the table below, but based on your first post (I know you have posted more stats since) I have worked out the % of total player games lost. I have then applied this factor to the current number of points each team in the top 6 has (excluding top 2), and the results are shown in the "Handicap Applied" row and reflected in the League Position based on the new number of points. I guess it shows just how tight it is at the top, and what a huge impact a few % of difference can have, be it performances, goals, injuries etc. We really are working at improving such small margins now to gain promotion. It's the business end of the table I much prefer to be at.

Newcastle Brighton Huddersfield Reading Leeds Owls
Games Missed 72 68 50 64 73 88
Total Games 451 451 451 451 451 451
% Missed 15.96% 15.08% 11.09% 14.19% 16.19% 19.51%
Current Points     74 73 72 69
Handicap Applied     82.20 83.36 83.65 82.46
League Position     6 4 3 5
Edited by ChapSmurf

22 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I think the OP has the basis of interesting stat but they don't really show anything as it is.

For instance, Charlie Taylor is Leeds' first choice left back and in the Summer was unquestionably their player with the highest market value.

However, because he has missed most of the season, his absence isn't even included.

Take this as an example:-

Club A:- £10m left back misses entire season

£500K reserve left back plays every match.

In the OP's example this would count as a ZERO.

Club B:- £10m left back misses 5 matches through injury

£500K reserve left back just plays those 5 matches.

In the OP's example this would count as 5.

Therefore, the OP's stats would show that club B had the worse injuries when quite clearly it is Club A.

The only way to accurately measure this would be for each manager to tell you his strongest XI, then calculate how many times those players were unavailable through injury (and not include rotations and/or suspensions)

Youd also have to account for transfers. So for instance, Carlos may say my strongest team had Fletcher in it until I bought Rhodes.

So basically, the OP's stats are meaningless as they are and don't show who has had the worst injuries at all.

Doesn't make the data completely useless, but i would like to see stats on each teams full playable squad (minus players like mcgugan where missed matches are due to other reasons). So I think for all of this to be 'completely' worthwhile, you would need all those stats. I think if we did that, we would look even worse on paper. Matias, Abdi ect.

+ You could have a left back that is worth 500k who drops in for a multi-million left back. You can even look closer to home with Urby and Fox. I think basing players worth to the team on their market value when bought isnt useful enough.

What it does show, along with @davetherivelinowls data, is that theres a trend with injury data; that we have on average, more injuries than the rest of the top sides. In some cases, quite a significant amount more. 

From running some averages on the data on this page, we can say that Huddersfield have had a very low amount of injuries this season and on the flip side, we have had a very unlucky season. Leeds have had a bit of bad luck over the season, Reading a bit of good luck. While Newcastle and Brighton seem to be about average. 

Even though we probably could have guessed this, its nice to have numbers to know that Carlos isn't chatting complete breeze; these injuries make a lot of difference. 

On 11/04/2017 at 14:50, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

That has much more meaning. Thank you for your effort.

With regard to Wednesday, Hutch and Forestieri have both missed matches through Suspension and the latter through being rested.

additionally, I believe that all or nearly all of the matches missed by Pudil and Reach were through the choice of Carlos. Therefore, I still suspect our figures are inflated more than some.

What is clear is that Huddersfield have had a stroke of luck. Their spine is Schindler, Mooy and Kachunga - they've hardly missed a match.

Without our squad size and resources I guess they need it.

A fair summary 

On 11/04/2017 at 15:13, owlandished said:

Here's the % of total minutes played of the total minutes available in the league, at least according to what I have been tracking, alongside total number of league appearances (as of 11th April 2016)

Reach came in late in the season, but has played more minutes than everyone, other than Westwood and Bannan. Despite being injured for quite some periods, even Lees and Hutch have played in 7 out of every 10 mins we have played this season

% of tot         Apps
Westwood 92.2% 39
Bannan 88.0% 39
Reach 79.6% 35
Lees 74.7% 31
Hutchinson 71.0% 33
Wallace 67.8% 37
Forestieri 64.8% 31
Hunt 64.7% 29
Loovens 61.6% 29
Lee 52.8% 23
Pudil 48.2% 22
Fletcher 48.1% 35
Jones 43.8% 27
Palmer 35.4% 19
Hooper 31.0% 19
Rhodes 27.9% 13
Sasso 26.5% 12
Winnall 20.4% 13
Abdi 19.5% 16
Fox 18.5% 9
Joao 16.0% 9
Nuhiu 10.3% 17
McManaman 9.2% 11
Buckley 9.1% 10
Dawson 7.8% 4
Semedo 3.8% 6
Matias 0.7% 1
Hirst 0.5% 1
Wildsmith 0.0% 0

Terrific to see Fletcher fit for 35 of our 41 games. Given the battering he gives and gets, that shows great strength of commitment.

I know some on here don't like him, but I want him playing or used from the bench every match. Quality.

Transfer also have had an impact.

I think with a full squad, a full pre season and a steady ship we could do a Brighton next season.

I'd love to scrape promotion this year but I'd also love to see us dominate the league next year and go up in style.