9 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

What makes you think he is the better player having only shown it once?

It's just what I think.  That's the point.  I guess as well that my judgement is based on what he has done in the past, but in the Forest game he bossed the midfield, went forward when he had the opportunity, never gave the ball away and seemed like the real deal. I like Bannon, but he has his limitations.

3 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

He simply hasnt shown that with his form this season. 

Abdi hasn't imposed himself on many of the games I've seen. He's had a few good 15 min spells in possession but I don't think he's the kind of player you really notice as they just keep things moving. 

3 hours ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Because he's been out of position. On the rare occasion he's been down the middle he's been quality

To be fair, he did make most of his Premier League appearances for Watford playing wide midfield. If he can cut it at that level, he should be more than capable of doing a job for us.

Just now, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Yeah but Watfords style was v diff to ours last year

True, but it's not an alien position to him. Our 'wide' midfielders frequently come inside and get involved in the centre of the park. I'd have thought an intelligent technical player like Abdi would have been a perfect fit, but it appears that he's struggled for fitness since he got here.

Hopefully we'll finally see the best of him next season, regardless of which division we're in.

Overrated and has been a passenger for large parts of the season.  A favourite of CC and often played out of position which hasn't helped - and lucky to have played as many games as he has.

Depends on who is in charge next season, CC stays so will Bannan.

If he goes I think Bannan will be gone quite quickly.

He never cut it in the Prem and is mid upper Champ at best - we need better if we are to go up and prosper.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 16:15, Fibonacci91 said:

To say you would prefer Abdi in there shows some real nativity. I think you just want our big image big money signing to be in the side because he's fashionable. He has done nothing, absolutely nothing, even one time, to suggest he is anywhere near Bannan's level.

I would love to be proven wrong and on being proven wrong, I would want Abdi in over Bannan. At the moment I do not have a single reason to think Abdi is anywhere near Bannan's level.

hi bannan

could you spend less time playing FIFA and practise your shooting

as it makes nuhiu look like henry

I just don't understand. He looks really poor to me. Often gives ball away and no creativity to go through the lines. Light weight and has nothing done anything particularly impressive baring an admitedly world class goal. 

Other than the goal I havnt seen a single positive moment from Abdi.

You have got to be kidding me ?? 

Look at the difference he makes - it's not about killer balls or silky skills he plays higher up the pitch never gives the ball away and always passes forward this puts us in stronger positions than Bannan 

There are some fundamental flaws in his play which make him a good player and not a great player. The most obvious one is playing a ball and then failing to move into space. I watched the game from home on Saturday and it was so obvious that if he passed and moved he would get us in much better positions. So often he could be seen directly stood behind a player eliminating himself as an option.

I can see a good player in him but he really irritates me at times.

Biggest flaw for me is his decision making, when he's got arguably the best strike force in the the division screaming for the ball in the box, only for him to shoot miserably from 30 yards and hit the corner flag !