Are Sheffield Wednesday the most important football club in the world.

3 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

This might be a case of living in the bubble or echo chamber - but for some reason it feels like every match commentary, every article, every sound bite contains a reference the our great club - and it is leading me to believe that WE are the worlds most important football club. 

Eg. This article about Ranieri has no need to mention us - yet there we are 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/feb/25/claudio-ranieris-leicester-exit-a-tale-of-deceit-and-discourtesy?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=215024&subid=17576164&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

and if I listen to most UK televised games there is some reference to our club in every commentary. 

Everyones cringing for you here mate.

I'd edit it if I was you, just delete it, most haven't been on today, so you might get away with it!

It's just the stadium that's holding us back at the moment,if it was like old Trafford we would sell out every match no problem,so if man u are the biggest in the world now,well it would be us,and with our fan base in the far east estimated at 1.1 billion.

Edited by BECKS-TO-BUD

Clive Tydesley on it certain has a love in with us. 

Most England matches I hear a mention from him about us. And I remember jonathan pearce mentioning the donny owls flag at the Germany vs Ukraine game in the euros. All random but nice little easter eggs when your fed up of watching England getting beaten by the cook islands or whatever.

Either that or I'm imagining things. lol

This is clearly the same for every fan of every club - there was a Hereford fan who use to post on here updating us on their plight. He loved his club but also critical of what was going on. Supporting a club is like having kids; it's unconditional and when they do summat wrong it hurts and you sometimes react irrationally.

WAWAW - keep the faith and we'll be alreyt.

29 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Honest opinion, what did you think to the match Saturday?

We shaded the first half and scored our only chance, you shaded the second half and missed your only chance. 

Not a game that will live long in the memory tbh. 

What I would say is your players appear to be buckling under the pressure of expectation and as we approach the business end of the season, that's not a good thing to be happening. We, on the other hand, are over achieving to expectations and the pressure on the players is less. Norwich is a huge game, mentally and points wise for you guys.

2 minutes ago, just visiting said:

We shaded the first half and scored our only chance, you shaded the second half and missed your only chance. 

What I would say is your players appear to be buckling under the pressure of expectation and as we approach the business end of the season, that's not a good thing to be happening. We, on the other hand, are over achieving to expectations and the pressure on the players is less. Norwich is a huge game, mentally and points wise for you guys.

I'd say Leeds might buckle under their arrogance. One man team, nothing else

16 minutes ago, just visiting said:

fair comment

54 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Can't disagree with any of that. 

I think that was actually the worst televised Yorkshire "derby" between the two of us that Sky have shown in recent memory. Usually the ones at Elland Road are complete snooze fests, but Saturday's match really was a flat, tepid affair for the most part. 

Not a great game of football but you lot got the 3pts which is all that matters. 

I would certainly guess that the word "Wednesday" is used and quoted more times in the use of the English language on a global scale than any other word that appears in the name of any other club in the world.

:columbo:

Disclaimer: Queen of the South has both "of" and "the" which probably throws my argument completely out of the water. There are probably more that do as well.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Disclaimer: Queen of the South has both "of" and "the" which probably throws my argument completely out of the water. There are probably more that do as well.

The point is I am sure they don't think this refers to them

I actually might write a letter to Sky. 

Dear BSkyB, 

Please stop showing Sheffield Wednesday v Leeds United matches. 

As much as you've tried in the last few years it really isn't much of a "derby" and the games are usually about as interesting as watching someone creosote a fence. 

In fact I'd rather you broadcast the international creosoting championships next time. 

Even when the two teams are battling for a promotion/play off places we can't produce anything but an absolute snooze fest. 

Kind Regards, 

SiJ