Morgan fox

How on earth can people come to a conclusion about Fox when he has not yet completed 2 full games for us. ? ?

Football scouts will usually take more than 6 games at least to make a full appraisal on a player and they know what they are looking for, broken down into a good number of different aspects of a players technical abilities and other natural/physical abilities like space awareness, eye and brain conversion speed, balance, speed reaction, body strength/speed (upper and lower) etc etc.

There are also the unknown qualities like reactions to playing in front of large crowds, pain thresholds to knocks, speed of adapting to new surroundings/ team mates/perhaps lodgings and new training techniques. Which will challenge some more than others.

Give the lad a chance before judging him. I thought his game v Birmingham was not a bad start from him.

He's played 4 games so far.

1st Bristol away. Played well, caused lots of problems with his crosses.

2nd Birmingham home. Played most the game & played well.

3rd Blackburn home. Injured in first 20mins. Played rest of half before being taken off at half time.

4th Leeds away. Didn't play great but who did? Those balls over the top from Leeds were perfect right in that corner. 

Cant see how that makes him an awful player. Give the kid a chance & support him. 

As for Charlton fans not rating him... there's a fair few that did rate him & let's not forget the fans view on lees when we signed him.

12 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

He's played 4 games so far.

1st Bristol away. Played well, caused lots of problems with his crosses.

2nd Birmingham home. Played most the game & played well.

3rd Blackburn home. Injured in first 20mins. Played rest of half before being taken off at half time.

4th Leeds away. Didn't play great but who did? Those balls over the top from Leeds were perfect right in that corner. 

Cant see how that makes him an awful player. Give the kid a chance & support him. 

As for Charlton fans not rating him... there's a fair few that did rate him & let's not forget the fans view on lees when we signed him.

I hear what you are saying but he was awful against Leeds. No conviction in anything he did. Really poor.

11 hours ago, heppers said:

I hear what you are saying but he was awful against Leeds. No conviction in anything he did. Really poor.

Must be awful then. That 45 minutes is all we needed to see, let's forget the other 175 minutes where he played well.

3 hours ago, Stainless1983 said:

Glad to see Fox came out on Saturday & made a few people eat humble pie. I think he will turn out to be a shrewd signing if we continue to attack.

Why are people always trying to get one over people. Its like people trawl through the past threads looking for something to bring up too say 'told you so'. 

One swallow doesnt make a summer pal. You also can't be made a scapegoat out of after 1 bad performance. 

Dragging this thread up though... whats the point? You just make yourself look silly and its a bit sad

Edited by ramone

10 minutes ago, ramone said:

Why are people always trying to get one over people. Its like people trawl through the past threads looking for something to bring up too say 'told you so'. 

One swallow doesnt make a summer pal. You also can't be made a scapegoat out of after 1 bad performance. 

Dragging this thread up though... whats the point? You just make yourself look silly and its a bit sad

If I wanted to get one over on someone I'd single people out in doing so.

What I am however doing is making those who come on here slating players & anyone who tries to defend them look silly. Highlighting as you say that we shouldn't be judging players on just a few matches.

And I'm hardly trawling through when it's one of the last threads I posted on. But don't let that spoil your evening.

45 minutes ago, ramone said:

The point is that we (and I include myself) are too quick to draw negative conclusions. How often have we been wrong in our first impressions? Buxton, Lee? I seem to remember Brunt taking a bit of stick early on.

A couple of dodgy games doesn't make Fox a bad signing, nor do a couple of good ones make him world class. Let's be a bit more circumspect in pur judgements: the jury is still out, but meantime there are some good signs and we should be encouraging him.

41 minutes ago, Stainless1983 said:

If I wanted to get one over on someone I'd single people out in doing so.

What I am however doing is making those who come on here slating players & anyone who tries to defend them look silly. Highlighting as you say that we shouldn't be judging players on just a few matches.

And I'm hardly trawling through when it's one of the last threads I posted on. But don't let that spoil your evening.

7 minutes ago, someone in my head said:

The point is that we (and I include myself) are too quick to draw negative conclusions. How often have we been wrong in our first impressions? Buxton, Lee? I seem to remember Brunt taking a bit of stick early on.

A couple of dodgy games doesn't make Fox a bad signing, nor do a couple of good ones make him world class. Let's be a bit more circumspect in pur judgements: the jury is still out, but meantime there are some good signs and we should be encouraging him.

Fair points but we'd be doing this very game.

Players play well, players play poorly. Its football. Just seems daft calling people out to eat humble pie. Its all over the site at the minute and its just getting a bit boring. 

25 minutes ago, ramone said:

Fair points but we'd be doing this very game.

Players play well, players play poorly. Its football. Just seems daft calling people out to eat humble pie. Its all over the site at the minute and its just getting a bit boring. 

I agree to some extent. Like when several threads are created about the same topic or player. 

Likewise I find it daft & boring when fans are picking & criticising each other over little things. There's a lot of that too at the moment.