Morgan fox

14 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

We have a Czech international stuck in the stands so Fox can play.  Maybe the Pudil haters should shut their mouths.  He is far better than Fox!

Ifnot then surely Emanuelson deserves a try?  Anything but Reach or Fox!

Ive heard there's been a bit of an issue behind the scenes with Pudil. 

Guest Kameron

He's  no better than Pudil, who does have a bad game in him but so do all players.  It's about time Carlos kept the same player baring injury, the constant chopping and changing helps no one, Reach is not and will not ever be a defender, his positioning is pathetic and his constant neshing of tackles even worse.  We need better than Pudil in the long term but he's the best we have so should be playing.

Guest RocketOwl

The modem game is so fast and frantic these days that players like Morgan Fox really are becoming a liability.

Why Carlos would sign a slow full back in the way he wants us to set up is puzzling. 

TBH instead of searching for this player I think we have him in Reaxh. He was dreadful going forward at times but at left baxk not many people go past Reach and we all know with a bit of consistency he is powerful going forward to from fullback.

Fox looked decent in the first couple of games.

But he said himself that this was a big step up for him, to the top end of the Championship. I'm not surprised he was nervous and Leeds was perhaps a bit too soon in hindsight (CC mentioned we need to develop him). Let's not go in two footed on the lad!

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Not sure about an actual fall out but I was told he'd been out til silly o'clock very close to a game. 

Rubbish.

Family man.

54 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

The modem game is so fast and frantic these days that players like Morgan Fox really are becoming a liability.

Why Carlos would sign a slow full back in the way he wants us to set up is puzzling. 

TBH instead of searching for this player I think we have him in Reaxh. He was dreadful going forward at times but at left baxk not many people go past Reach and we all know with a bit of consistency he is powerful going forward to from fullback.

Agree with this, for the way we play signing slow full backs as carlos has consistently done seems stupid, we could play the exact same system that carlos loves with two full backs with genuine pace and a striker with genuine pace and we'd be a completely different prospect, why carlos keeps signing full backs and strikers lacking in pace is odd to me.

I guess all you can hope is we are in such a strong financial position that we can afford to take a hit on players like fox, now there is no loan window we can afford to buy a player like fox for backup if it works out and he steps up great, if it doesn't we will still be able to sell him on for 300-400k so with his cheapish wages he probably doesn't cost much more overall than a decent loan player.

Hopefully the lad can come good but it seems unlikely to me that he will turn into a left back capable of playing regularly for a team aiming to challenge the top 2 in the championship. At the end of the season we should still be looking to bring in a good left back which considering we've signed 3/4 so far this season is laughable recruitment.

Shame that Penney is doing nothing at Bradford. Considering how poorly Pudil and Fox did recently wouldn't mind CC giving youngster his chance. Certainly quicker, more skilful, and bettee on the ball then both Fox and Pudil are...

Full back was an area we needed to spend £3-4m on (as opposed to upfront and centre mid) at the end of last season.

It's still very obvious we didn't. 

Fox, palmer, pudil and hunt. All squad players at best.

Edited by BC1867